Skip to content

Proton Mail

1126 results found

1. Add more scales to Proton Calender Android widget

Currently the only scale available for the Android widget for Proton Calendar is 3x2, which is a bit unwieldy, especially for something that doesn't appear to be scale-locked (it's a scrolling widget). Most ideally, I'd like a widget that is just 1 tile high, so it can sit above my apps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Block attachment file types

There is a list from Govcert NCSC (govcert-nscs_blocked-filetypes.txt) with file types that are a vector for malicious software. I would like to have the opportunity to block attachments with the filetypes (e. g. .gz .dmg .exe etc.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More custom domains for Unlimited plan

Currently, only 3 custom domains are allowed under an unlimited plan. Please increase, or add an option for, more custom domains.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better screenreader support

I am blind and use a screen reader. There is many buttons in the mail web app and IOS app that have no labels. This is simple carelessness. Proton says it wants to make security available for everyone, so why not make accessible design part of your development process so people using assistive technology can use it too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When applying a new labels, sort by most recent

When viewing an email and then clicking the "Label as" button: Please sort the labels by usage: most used at the top!

Example of the current situation:
    The first label I ever created is at the top, but that doesn't mean that I need it all the time. It was for a vacation years ago, so it would make sense to have that far at the bottom. I would prefer having the labels that I used most recently at the top, because maybe I want to label a bunch of mails with the same label.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. auto next message after delete

When I delete a message, I would like the next message to display automatically. I haven't found a setting for that feature yet and it would really help me speed through the junk mail I get?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display all sent mails (from archived threads) in the sent folder

As a user I would like to be able to see all my sent mails in the sent folder, including those that are tied to an archived email thread, so that I can easily see in the sent folder what my actual last sent emails were.

Problem: Currently I can only see sent mails in the sent folder that are NOT part of an email thread that I have archived.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customizing options including colors, themes, fonts, etc. to both Proton Mail and the Proton Calendar.

Please provide extensive Customizing options including colors, themes, fonts, etc. to both Proton Mail and the Proton Calendar.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. draft alerts

It would be immensely helpful for there to be reminders about unfinished draft emails, or at the very least have a Quantity display about how many draft emails there are. I often encounter the problem where my emails don't send and then get saved to drafts and disappear from my awareness.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Offline-First, Password-Unlocked Access for Browser Extension

I made the switch from BitWarden to ProtonPass a couple of months ago. The user experience is fantastic, but several facts are absolute dealbreakers, and I must make the switch back to BitWarden:

1. To use the browser lock feature (absolutely critical, in my opinion), an internet connection is required to validate my 6-digit code. Thus, my locally-stored, encrypted passwords are totally inaccessible to me without an internet connection. Many of my stored passwords are for locally-hosted devices that I need access to when the internet is down (I live in a rural area, and the internet goes down sometimes). This…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Double-Click to Open Email in New Window

Hi There Team,

I have been using Microsoft Office 365, and one feature that I find particularly convenient is the ability to open an email in a new window simply by double-clicking on it. This functionality allows for a seamless and efficient email management experience. Now, as I transition to using ProtonMail webmail, I am curious to know if a similar feature can be implemented.

I want to emphasise that I enjoy using ProtonMail and, at this time, I do not wish to integrate my ProtonMail account with Microsoft Office 365. Instead, I am specifically interested in exploring the possibility…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display email attachments in a new browser tab by default

Opening an attachment such as a PDF in Proton web mail should automatically default to a new browser tab and should not replace your current mail tab. Even holding CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT while clicking the attachment (in Windows) will not force it to open it in a new tab. The current behaviour is very frustrating and an unproductive user experience. When an email has multiple attachments each must be opened one by one, going back in the browser to open the next. If you want multiple PDF files open for reading or comparison, you're forced to download them all.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Central desktop app for all Proton features (Mail, Drive, VPN, Calendar)

Modular design & parallel developement to Proton Bridge for other desktop E-Mail-Clients

403 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Desktop email notification opens the message

When you click an email notification on the desktop, go to (or open) PM desktop and open the message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove temporary alias limit "Too many aliases created recently"

I'm transitioning from 1Password and iCloud+... There are a lot of limitations with ProtonPass, but the biggest one is encountering an error message that reads "Too many aliases created recently" when changing iCloud aliases to Proton ones.
    The goal would be to lift this conditional and allow as many aliases whenever.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. App updates should not require a download

I'm using the Linux app, and whenever there's an update to Proton Mail, I need to visit the website, log in, download a package file, run it to execute the update, and then delete the file (or it just takes up space).

I'm not sure how it works in other operating systems, but all of those steps are annoying and unnecessary (and make it very likely that users won't install updates promptly). Proton mail is installed with apt (the standard Linux software-management program); it should update through apt as well, so updates happen as part of the regular process and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating an offline email on mobile, allow to 'save as draft' 'send when online' or 'delete'

Creating a new email when offline (mobile device) can only be ended by 'Send' button. The email then is stored in the 'Draft' folder but in 'sending' mode. A user cannot alter or delete this email.

Solution idea:
    When offline and creating an email, replace the send-'arrow' by a 3dot-menu with three options:
    Safe in Draft
    Send when online
    Delete

Additional option:
    If selected 'Send', still provide the option to stop the send-process or at least make the deletion of such an email possible in the draft folder.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Gmail Selection Mechanic of Mail

Under the Inbox header, where all of your emails are located, I would like to be able to move up and down on my arrow keys and automatically display the email content over on the biggest pane. Currently, you are able to move up and down with the arrow keys over your mail but only hover over the little preview of it. In order to display it over on the biggest pane, one has to actually click or select on it which could be simplified by just defaulting to showing the selected preview's mail content on the biggest pane when…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Sentry

All or most Proton apps bundle Sentry. This is allegedly for crash reporting only, but Sentry can do way more than that (e.g. profiling for performance, seeing how users navigate the UI and where they get stuck). I would like to see Sentry removed.

Proton's entire business is staked on privacy. However, telemetry software like Sentry is fundamentally incompatible with user privacy. As a user, it is not feasible to thoroughly vet what every tracker is actually collecting, especially because this can change at any time. The best way to reliably avoid unwanted data collection is to exclusively use apps…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notification configuration per device

Currently we can adjust notifications per folder. That applies though to each device using this proton mail account. It would be nice to be able to configure notifications on device. This way, I can receive critical notifications in my main smartphone (like security things) and receive work related mails on my work smartphone. Same account, different behaviour.

Summarizing, I would like to have the hability to silence folders locally, not globally.

Thanks in advamce!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)