Proton Mail & Calendar
2272 results found
-
"Add to Existing Filter" Function
As I have been building out a fairly deep organizational structure using the "Filter" feature, I would like to bring up one thing to potentially add. I have seen similar idea posts on here but hopefully this is a quick and easy to implement solution.
When an email comes in that has a slight difference that goes outside the filters already set, I would like an "Add to Existing Filter" function through any of the emails I open.
Example:
1. Open an email in "Inbox"
2. Click the "Filter On" button which already shows:
- Subject
- Sender
- Recipient…2 votes -
Move entire thread/conversation to folder
Unless I'm missing something I often find the "move to folder" function does not work because the message is part of a thread.
I have to mark every contribution for movement! It would be helpful to have the option to move the whole thread to a folder in one action (this seems so obvious that I suspect I've missed it somehow).2 votes -
Screener / default-deny queue for new senders (like Hey's "The Screener")
Right now Proton's spam/block/allow lists only kick in after you've manually added a sender. A brand-new, never-seen-before address lands straight in the inbox (or gets guessed at by the spam filter) with no chance for the user to weigh in first.
I'd like to request a screener: when an address emails you for the first time, instead of going to the inbox it's held in a single approval queue. You get one decision per new sender: Approve (moves that message and any others from them to the inbox, and allowlists the address going forward) or Deny (the message, and anything…
2 votes -
Repeat calendar entry by selecting days
Please add the possibility to repeat calendar entries by selecting certain dates in the monthly view, for instance, when creating the entry.
5 votes -
Autocomplete from contacts in mail search
When searching my inbox, it would be very useful for the search field to autocomplete from my address book (names and email addresses). One of the most frequent things I search for is a person's name or email address. Autocomplete suggestions from my contact list (and maybe also recent emails) would be extremely useful.
See Gmail UI for an example of how this could work.
3 votes -
Autocomplete from contacts in mail search
When searching my inbox, it would be very useful for the search field to autocomplete from my address book (names and email addresses). One of the most frequent things I search for is a person's name or email address. Autocomplete suggestions from my contact list (and maybe also recent emails) would be extremely useful.
See Gmail UI for an example of how this could work.
3 votes -
Bug or Feature? - IOS calendar app defaults calendar entries to :15 or :45 rather than :00 or :30 minute segments, requiring manual adjust
In my IOS Proton calendar app, when i go to create a new calendar entry, routinely, proton 'sets' the time on the quarter or three quarter hour, instead of on the hour or at the half. I'm not clear why this happens, as i'm 'clicking' the center of an hour block, but the new calendar entry comes up as 15 or 45, forcing me to scroll to the 00 or 30 depending on need. Not sure if this is a feature that's overly sensitive to finger placement, or a defect creating extra work. I rarely book anything on 15 or…
2 votes -
Make e-mail snoozing vailable when conversation grouping is disabled
Email snoozing is currently only available when conversation grouping is enabled. Please make email snoozing available for users who prefer not to use conversation grouping as well.
4 votes -
More organized configuration in Mail
The ProtonMail inbox/main configuration is already pretty good, but it seems a little cluttered to me in comparison with Gmail's clean and organized view.
I like Gmail's inbox layout with emails stretching across the view, and then upon clicking on one it turns completely to that email's contents. Rather than Proton's half-and-half configuration.
Hope that makes sense.
Also, I don't think this is super important, just would help freshen things up a little.
Thanks.
4 votes -
Find related feature
Please add a feature where the user can select an email and find related emails based on either having the same subject or being from a particular sender. This feature is present in many applications, and MS Outlook is one example. The idea is to have option to select all emails from a particular sender or on a particular topic/subject.
4 votes -
Change label or folder visibility in list
I'd like to be able to hide labels or folders in the list seen in Proton Mail. As I use more labels or folders I don't need to be able to see all of them, in fact they start to clutter things up. For older archived items in particular I want to be able to apply a label or move to a folder but this doesn't need to be visible day to day. This feature is available in Gmail and is one of the things it does better for organising large mailboxes.
4 votes -
Default font & text size for incoming mail
There is the option to have a default font & size for outgoing mail, but it would be nice to also have the option for all incoming mail as well.
In Thunderbird, a user is given the option to override the sender's default font & font size, which is to the benefit of the receiver, to create a better uniformity across all incoming mails from all senders.
10 votes -
Allow Gmail as default sender for seamless family migration to Proton
With the new Gmail Connection feature, it is possible to receive and send Gmail messages directly from Proton Mail. However, a connected Gmail address cannot be selected as the default sending address for new messages.
Please allow connected Gmail accounts to be selected as the default "From" address.
This would make migrating family members and less technical users from Gmail to Proton much easier. They could start using Proton Mail as their only mail app without having to remember to manually select their Gmail address every time they compose a new message.
(if they want, over time they can gradually…
2 votes -
How can I repair a corrupted Outlook PST file without losing data?
To repair a corrupted Outlook PST file without losing data, first create a backup copy of the original PST file to protect your mailbox data. You can try Microsoft Outlook’s built-in ScanPST.exe, but it may not recover all items when the PST is severely corrupted or inaccessible. In such cases, the Aryson Outlook PST Repair Tool can scan and recover data from damaged PST files without requiring Outlook. The software provides Standard, Advanced, and Deep recovery modes based on the severity of corruption. It can recover emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and other mailbox items while maintaining the folder hierarchy.…
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Soft wrap in email composer
It's 2026 and Proton Mail still doesn't have a simple text wrap or line-width setting in the web composer. I'm writing on a large monitor, and when I compose emails, the text stretches across my entire screen. It's hard to read and makes editing paragraphs frustrating.
This is not an advanced feature request. Line wrapping or the ability to constrain the compose area width is fundamental functionality that should exist in literally any email client. Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail — all of them handle this without complaint.
I understand Rich Text mode wraps to the window edge, but that doesn't…
2 votes -
Layout Row with Preview
Add Preview pane for Row layout!
18 votes -
Critical UX Failures — Label Management & Filtering
Subject: Critical UX Failures — Label Management & Filtering
To the Proton Mail Product and Development Teams,
I am writing to request immediate UX improvements regarding how labels and filters are managed in your system. The current workflow for managing pervasive labels shows a staggering lack of respect for users operating complex inboxes. While your privacy and security frameworks are excellent, your basic organizational tools are actively hindering productivity and require a massive overhaul. It is unacceptable that you bill us 30% more—with an added 40% exchange rate penalty for Canadian users—for the exact same unresolved pain points we have…2 votes -
Booking Pages Need 5-minute Increment Appointments on Proton Calendar
Durations in 5-Minute Increments
Please change Proton Calendar Booking Pages so appointment durations can be set in 5-minute increments.
The current 15-minute minimum and limited duration choices are too restrictive. Many standard professional schedules require appointments of:
5 minutes
10 minutes
15 minutes
20 minutes
30 minutes
40 minutes
45 minutes
and other durations in 5-minute incrementsProton Calendar already allows users to manually create calendar events shorter than 15 minutes, but Booking Pages do not provide the same flexibility.
This limitation can prevent otherwise standard appointment workflows from being implemented through Proton Calendar Booking Pages at all. When other…
2 votes -
Ability to hide or toggle off the 'Unread' icon on mobile iOS and Android app.
Please add an option to hide or toggle off the “Unread” icon in the mobile app on both iOS and Android. Some users may prefer a cleaner interface or may not find the icon useful, so allowing it to be removed from view would provide greater flexibility and personalization.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?