Proton VPN
535 results found
-
Add a "Change Server" Option Before Connection on Windows
In the free plan, Proton VPN provides access to servers in 10 countries and automatically connects to the fastest available server.
On Android, while the app is attempting to connect, a "Change Server" option appears every few seconds, allowing users to switch to another server before a connection is established. This is very useful when the selected server is unreachable or blocked.
However, on the Windows version, the "Change Server" option only becomes available after a successful connection. If the selected server cannot be reached, users may get stuck trying to connect and have no way to switch servers.
Please…
2 votes -
Add a feature to the Android version of Proton VPN that allows you to choose which apps can access the internet.
Add a feature to the Android version of Proton VPN that allows you to choose which apps can access the internet. This is different from split tunneling; it would give you the ability to block full internet access for apps that don't need it.
There are already apps that do this, but they use a VPN themselves and therefore cannot be used with Proton VPN.12 votes -
localhost SOCKS5 tunnel like in Mullvad
I would like to see this feature from mullvad in Proton VPN: https://mullvad.net/en/help/socks5-proxy
Coming from Mullvad. This feature is great. I put it in Telegram and if VPN is disabled the application can't access the servers of this "privacy" messenger. It hides TCP Fingerprint, too. Reducing captcha and other garbage detections from antibot systems.
4 votes -
Liquid Glass icon for macOS
Please add a Liquid Glass app icon for Proton VPN on macOS 26.
Thanks!
7 votes -
Auto shutdown when phone put in airplane mode
I would love for the VPN to automatically stop trying to connect when I place my phone in airplane mode and also have it auto connect when I take my phone out of airplane mode.
While in airplane mode (with no WiFi services, such as on a flight) the application keeps attempting to connect to a server. This significantly drains my battery, unless I remember to manually disconnect it after toggling airplane mode on.
31 votes -
Automatic MTU negotation
For protonvpn with wireguard, I need to manually adjust the MTU down due to using a 5g hotspot wifi solution. It would be really nice if the app could automatically negotiate the optimal MTU when setting up, I imagine by just pinging the VPN bastion server with different packet sizes (once authenticated) and adjusting from there.
Otherwise it would be nice if the app would at least allow you to override the MTU for different underlying networks.
7 votes -
Option to manually sort Profiles
Add the option to sort profiles, I dont like to create a new profile and it goes to the bottom of the list when I want it next to a similar one.
34 votes -
More servers in Africa
I am from Congo-Brazzaville and there is no server from there and i want to access local media and also servers in DR Congo would be nice and Servers in Niamey,***** could be great if it’s possible thanks in advance if you choose to consider it as no VPN has servers in these countries even virtual is good
6 votes -
Custom DNS on Windows
The Android version currently allows you to set custom DNS servers on a profile-by-profile basis. Windows has a single "custom DNS servers" setting that applies to ALL profiles.
Make Windows version like Android.
2 votes -
Add 'include mode' to the browser extension's Split Tunneling feature
The desktop app has exclude and include modes for split tunneling, allowing you to use it as a blacklist or whitelist respectively.
The browser extension only has the exclude mode.Given recent changes to the internet, selectively VPNing certain websites would be extremely helpful.
15 votes -
Kill switch should stay on with split tunneling
I use Proton VPN at the router level, so my home Wi-Fi is already protected. On my laptop, I’d like to exclude my home network from the VPN using split tunneling without disabling the kill switch.
Right now, having both the router VPN and the laptop VPN running creates a double VPN, which slows down all internet traffic while I’m at home. If split tunneling worked with the kill switch enabled, I could use my home network normally without the slowdown, and when I leave home and connect to any other network, the kill switch would still protect me—no manual…
8 votes -
New server
Add new server for Maldives country server
3 votes -
Split-tunneling on MacOS: Allow to include/exclude binaries, not just app bundles.
Currently, split tunneling on macOS is limited to .app bundles, which means command-line tools and system binaries — such as /usr/bin/curl, wget, ssh, or custom scripts — cannot be individually included or excluded from the VPN tunnel.
Thank you.
2 votes -
VLAN/Lan access
It should be possible to define routes which are not routed over the VPN. So currently my wifi devices are in a dedicated vlan, if I try to connect to a different vlan then with VPN on, its not possible.
23 votes -
Launch Linux GUI app on boot
I saw a completed post asking the Linux app on boot, but I guess it is not the GUI version, or perhaps not the one for Fedora.
For me on Fedora with the GUI version I have to manually launch Proton VPN every time.
By manually launching Proton VPN:
1 - The system remains unprotected for a certain time;
2 - Creates a needless ritual for every session;
3 - Nullifies the purpose of the kill switch.~/.config/autostart/ , Startup applications or GNOME extensions does not work because the GUI fails to connect during login. Only the kill switch starts…
5 votes -
FREE UK SERVER
FREE UK SERVER
4 votes -
New app
We need a Proton vpn app for Linux tv sets
Will it happen soon. It is the VIAAA operating system.
3 votes -
[Netshield] Adult content block mac and linux
Currently, only Android and Windows have this.
More people are requesting feature parity between Android/Windows and Mac/Linux
2 votes -
Feature request: Add forwarded port API method
Problem: There is no officially support method for a torrent client to obtain the currently active forwarded port from Proton VPN.
Current practices: The only way I've found to determine the port is to scrape the VPN client log. This is not officially supported and thus brittle, not to mention inefficient.
Proposed solution: Add a lightweight REST listener in the client to respond to API requests. Including forwarded port status, so that a local client can determine if the VPN is currently active, if port forwarding is enabled, and what the current port is. A unified cross-platform client API would…
9 votes -
SSO (single sign on) for Unlimited Accounts
It's unfortunate having to sign into the VPN with your username and password for the VPN - for some of my devices I'm using Windows or Android, where I don't consider the operating system secure.
Users should have the ability to sign into Proton VPN with single sign on from a trusted device.
For instance, I'm using Linux and GrapheneOS for relatively secure environments, but I'd still like to be able to sign into Proton VPN on Windows, for instance, without having to type in my entire email and password - Windows itself has been proven to track what you're…
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?