Drive Linux
Please please release a linux sync client. I am a paying user and this entire feature is almost completely unusable for me. Please remind yourself where you come from and release also features for the community that supports you from the early proton times!
-
Reese Withoutherspoon
commented
its such a no brainer, Proton is about privacy and Linux too, mindboggling that this isn't the OS the gets the most love, if it's really about privacy and not just money
-
Anonymus commented
CLI isn't really what we thought about...
-
Michael
commented
This is urgently needed. It has been promised for this year. Today I received an email again promoting the CLI. That is not what I am waiting for.
-
Rune Slettebakken commented
I just want to say that I highly agrees with this. And it's an important feature that it will integrates with the file manager. -It's obviously possible since both pCloud, KDrive and IceDrive has this feature already.
-
Rob74
commented
I too would love to see a Linux version of Proton Drive that integrates with the file manager (Nemo in my case, but that is a fork of Nautilus). Dropbox has one and I believe it's open source, so I don't imagine it would be technically difficult to create (https://github.com/dropbox/nautilus-dropbox).
Thanks.
-
AnotherBrain
commented
Please make a linux version that is functional, the CLI is a bad joke.
We are paying for this. You are the last reason, that i didn't switch complitly to Linux (fedora). So get your **** togetter and make a Linux client. -
Yan
commented
I would love to see a native app of Proton on Linux.
-
Marvin
commented
please start implementing this...
you can tell from the upvotes that this is very important -
linuxdrivewhere
commented
guys what the ****! I just paid for 2 years duo in bitcoin to support your mission.. only to find out you didnt support linux properly? Shame
-
bobby
commented
absolutely a requirement, this is kneecapping the usefulness of proton to me
-
Tran Dinh Dong
commented
I use the ProtonDrive CLI for Linux for a while, and still the CLI is missing some critical function like bidirectional sync (like override new files, delete files in folder if the non-existed in local)
The current functions just limited only download/upload.
Before, I used `rclone` with those function, but they were shutdown by ProtonAPI and I need to manually upload new file, open the ProtonDrive web and remove unused file by hand.
And that is still insufficient for me, even with paid plan.
-
Francesc M. commented
I exclusively use Linux (Ubuntu). Searching for files via a web browser is inefficient, so I need to manage them locally; however, I cannot do so because there is no synchronization system to keep them updated.
-
Mikołaj
commented
I am not using Linux, and I still believe it's a critical must have. I am super surprised it only exist as a CLI.
-
Martin S
commented
This is a must. It is surprising that it still doesn't exist.
-
Ocabal
commented
Dear Proton Team,
Current status: I have 4 Proton-secured devices ✨
Happy devices: iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows
Exiled device: My beloved Linux 🐧Current situation: I'm manually duplicating files between machines like it's 1995. My drives are sweating, my sync time is on fire, and my IT efficiency conscience is depressed.
The obvious solution: A native Proton Drive client for Linux.
If you can do cryptographic magic for Gmail and WhatsApp, you can give Linux a dignified home too!
Thanks,
A user who wants to stop doing manual copy-paste like a digital troglodyte -
Jari Nevala commented
Lack of official linux integration is keeping me from adopting Proton Drive!
-
AJ
commented
I had this on Windows and I loved it. Now I have moved to Linux Mint. I want to use it with Proton Lumo Plus, Nemo, Obsidian, LibreOffice Writer, and Vorta.
-
1899
commented
This is definitely a needed feature.
Yeah I can set this up manually, but even a ****** service as Dropbox has this. A Linux sync client is a must have.
-
Jay
commented
Still waiting for this to happen. Proton & Linux should be the ideal pairing and it's never been more relevant than now.
Latest roadmap: https://proton.me/blog/2026-spring-summer-roadmaps gives me hope! Fingers crossed for this year.
-
Shae M
commented
I have Nobara GNOME and while it's built off Fedora and most Fedora commands work with it, the existing Linux protocol for Drive and VPN don't. I have Vivaldi as a browser so it has Proton VPN and Pass integrated, but not having Drive on my laptop is rough.