Proton Drive
497 results found
-
Travel privacy feature
A hide/un-hide feature to disconnect/hide/remove all traces of my Proton Drive files (or certain files) when I enter certain countries. Uninstalling the app on iOS still leaves a copy, if I am correct. Installing the app and re-downloading all my offline files everytime is very time consuming and tedious. Or simply allowing me to not show certain offline files and folders (I believe Dropbox features that) would be amazing. Or perhaps a dashboard that allows me to select everything on Proton I want to hide when I travel would be amazing.
3 votes -
Let Proton office software (such as Docs) open documents and spreadsheets instead of Microsoft Office.
I want Proton office software (such as Docs) to replace Microsoft Office in opening documents and spreadsheets, blocking dynamically loaded content and malicious content, and unlike Microsoft Office, it doesn't lack control over the location of temporary files. This ensures that sensitive information in documents is not leaked, and that malicious documents do not pose a security risk or leak IP/device information.
3 votes -
Cannot Share Multiple Photos at Once
Today we can share photos one by one.
When I pick a single photo and tap the three little dots in the lower‑right corner, a “Share” button shows up. This lets me send the photo to other apps such as WhatsApp, SMS, etc.
But when I select several photos, there is no way to share them to other apps. That’s really disappointing.11 votes -
Vertical Split Pane in Mail
A nice-to-have preference for later in development - please allow split panes in Proton Mail to show the mail at the top, the inbox below. Side-by-side split panes just don't work for me 😅 Thanks!
3 votes -
Set External Drive as main location
My mac is the lowest spec but because of the speed of M processors it runs all my software for work better than any PC i've ever had. The cost of having a massive storage space inside my Mac is the reason I cannot use Proton Drive at the moment. I have 1TB external SSD which is my Dropbox location, if I could set Proton Drive to my external SSD as the main folder my life would instantly be better. I actually love how Proton Drive functions and am desperate to get out of the chaotic Dropbox ecosystem. Please explore…
19 votes -
Storage Options - with connecting Directly to NAS Securely
I know now a days Drives and such are expensive and Knowing that so many people are using Proton Services are waiting for more Storage Options. and i don't blame proton AG to limit us of having to much storage its expensive while u have so many people using proton alone and the data that is accumulated over time.
Option - 1: Creating Virtual Connection to NAS setup and displaying it onto the Proton Drive web UI.
…- It would be nice to at least see pictures and files mirrored from a NAS to proton Drive rather login into and3 votes -
Easy-to-share links for shared folders and files (URL shortener)
It would be great to have an optional feature that generates short, easy-to-share links for shared folders and files. For example: pm.me/share/<share_id>. This would make sharing simpler across emails, chats, and mobile devices, while still keeping the full URL available for those who prefer it.
6 votes -
Integration of folders and files shared with you.
It would be really great if we could move my owned files to folders that have been shared with me. I don't need to remove from shared folders but being able to add a doc I have created in my own files and folders to a folder someone else has shared with me.
14 votes -
Add Row/Column Groups to Proton Sheets
I track many things in my spreadsheets and grouping is a lifesaver. When I decide to track the TV series that I have watched by Season and suddenly there are 1000 rows in my spreadsheet, it would be almost impossible without grouping together first alphabetically and then by show as a secondary/subgroup. This makes it much easier to find what I am looking for and not be bombarded with however many rows in each spreadsheet.
This is one of the two main things keeping me with google sheets at the moment and I would love to fully switch over once…
8 votes -
drive photo preview HEIC format
It would be nice to also have preview for photo's in formats that are currently not supported (e.g. HEIC)
25 votes -
Singular folder structure (non-device specific)
In lieu of each device having that their own separate folders, please allow us to choose how we wish to structure them.
I wish to have the "Documents" folder always in sync & backed-up across all devices, rather then having to upload every file I modify every single time to two different locations (or more).
It is a primitive function even on OneDrive.3 votes -
Simple way to clone a template folder with subfolders in Proton Drive online
I’m running a solo physiotherapy practice on Linux (Zorin OS) computers and Android tablets, and I rely on Proton Drive to store all patient documentation in a structured folder hierarchy.
It would be incredibly helpful to have a built‑in “Clone Template Folder” feature that lets users duplicate a pre‑configured folder (with subfolders, permissions, and naming conventions) for each new patient and then personalize it. This capability would streamline onboarding new cases and keep the workflow consistent, especially for users who don’t have a native Linux desktop client and must work primarily through the web interface.
Implementing such a feature—perhaps via a right‑click…
12 votes -
Proton docs outline formatting fix -> make it easier to outdent fully
Shift-tab won't move cursor to the left margin, and gets stuck at last bullet point. Backspace jumps up to the previous bullet point rather than fully bringing cursor to left margin.
This is unlike google docs. Wastes time fixing outline formatting. I want to be able to navigate with hotkeys out of the outline / bullet form back to the far left cursor position.
3 votes -
Option to prevent download for files shared in proton drive
I would love an option to prevent someone from downloading a file that I’ve shared with them in Drive. For example, a video id like someone to be able to view, but not download.
3 votes -
more editing options for proton docs.
The proton docs is pretty okay in my opinion, But there should be more options such as any size you want instead of fixed ones and more colors for highlighting and typing in and like being able to put images anywhere instead of a fixed area. If proton can do this i would be more than happy to further explain my idea in more depth and detail and scketh. Thank you to the privacy proton community and proton company for having this special place
1 vote -
As you move to increase the presence of "AI"/lumo, I will move to find an alternative service.
Completely remove lumo "AI" from your service.
2 votes -
Buy more storage on the drive in a family account
be able as a member in a family account to buy more storage.
4 votes -
Drive for android: cannot edit and return if scan goes ahead too far
If I try to scan or capture a document, I cannot return if I go too far. It should be possible to add a document to a selection (plus symbol top-right) after pushing the ahead button, but then remember that another needs to be added. This is possible with CamScanner but isn't with Proton Drive Scanner.
So, please, add this feature.2 votes -
Sheets - search cell notes
I would like to be able to search cell notes.
The "Find in sheet" search box currently searches cells' formulas and even their displayed values—e.g., a
$in a cell that has theAccountingformat.Combining them into a unified search would be okay. An option to limit the search range to formula, displayed value, and/or note would also be nice.
10 votes -
Stop sharing file or folder uploading username
It would be great if you could stop having a statement of who uploaded the folder and files to every file and folder put into the drive.
And therefore any file or folder which is shared access.
Currently the drive is using the original username unnecessarily.
Please can you set it up, so you can select that this information is removed, or able to turn off as information shared, as a preference.1 vote
- Don't see your idea?