Proton Drive
497 results found
-
I frequently experience issues with input not being accepted on my iPad Air and Magic Keyboard.
I tried inputting text into Proton Sheets using an 11-inch iPad Air M2 and the official Magic Keyboard, but the following problems frequently occur:
Pressing the cursor keys does not move the cell.
When typing text with the cursor in a cell, the typed text is not entered into the cell (the typed text does not appear anywhere on the screen, and there is no response whatsoever).
The conditions under which these problems occur are unclear. Sometimes, tapping the screen several times will allow input to be accepted, but often this does not.
In any case, these are basic bugs,…
3 votes -
Pagination for photos
Allow users to switch to a paginated display instead of the dreadful endless scroll in photos.
3 votes -
Support for GIMP (.xcf) files in Proton Drive Photos preview.
Please add preview support for GIMP's native .xcf format within Proton Drive Photos.
Many privacy-conscious creators use Proton alongside open-source creative tools like "GNU Image Manipulation Program" (GIMP) instead of Adobe Photoshop.
Currently, Proton Drive Photos does not recognize .xcf files as generic binary files. If Proton Drive Photos could recognize and generate thumbnails for .xcf files, it would be much easier for open-source photographers and digital artists to manage their active, layered project files securely.
1 vote -
Drive Mount Point
Please remove the "My files" subdirectory from the drive mount point. When setup asks where to mount the share, if I put in C:\Users[UserName]\Proton. That's where I want it. I do not want an additional subdirectory. I especially do not want one with a space in it. Just mount it where specified.
15 votes -
Selective Legacy
With legacy contacts enabled, let users choose per contact which files and folders they inherit, and which are excluded.
Per-item setting: mark specific files or folders to disappear at death, while remaining fully accessible while alive.
Excluded items are neither transferred nor visible to heirs.
Practical for sensitive personal documents you do not want anyone to see after you are gone, without splitting your whole Drive.
Granular controls: review and edit exclusions anytime, per contact or per folder.
1 vote -
Proton Sheets charts should support open notation
Imagine you have a sheet with two columns: dates and values. You want to create a chart with this data, so you do. You intend to add to this data over time and would like the chart to automatically change with it, so you set the following for the Axis Title (=Data!A2:A) and the Value (=Data!B2:B)
The problem is that the chart's horizontal axis will not adapt to when the data ends. Instead it appears to default to 1000 rows. For time series data, this means that the chart will reach it's end, but only fill up a portion of…
2 votes -
Specify how many rows and columns should be the maximum in Sheets, so you can control how far the scroll goes
Currently, deleting columns in Sheets to reduce the horizontal scroll bar takes a while to delete all of the A#, B#, C# columns, so if you just want 26 columns (A-Z) it's irritating to manually delete columns. Ideally I'd love a button in the View dropdown menu where you can change how many columns and/or rows that appear in your Sheet.
3 votes -
Move to folder function on Proton drive web interface should allow moves between personal and shared folders
When I move a file using the Move to Folder function on the Proton Drive web interface, it only allows files to be moved within their current folders...personal files stay within 'my files' and shared files must stay within their shared folder. Files should be able to be moved between any directory that the user has access to. Or there should be administrative settings to configure these 'Move to Folder' behaviors.
2 votes -
Move magnifier next to finger when cropping a scan
When I try to crop a scanned document in the Proton Drive iOS mobile app, I kind of have to guess every time where the node is and keep guessing because the little magnifying glass which should help you find the corner/edge of the document basically appears right under my finger (which I can't lift) so I can't see it. Moving the magnifier a bit to the side would make this much smoother of an experience.
1 vote -
Fotos do not uplode in one Folder keep the selected Source
In the mobile App it is possible to specify from which source I wand to upload/sync. Please make in possible specify the Target. Maybe it it is possible to keep the folders. I hate putting for example all Fotos in one giant folder or more badly database. I like to organise it myself! I will backup WhatsApp Fotos and more but not in one single Folder forced only to live in this terrible Fotos Applikation Thing. With many duplications in different quality. And when I am forced to have photos only in a photos App it would be nice the…
1 vote -
Import should consider locale
File -> Import should consider locale decimal setting (or ask).
Currently the Import function will always use dot as decimal separator, which makes it useless to import .csv with comma as decimal separator (without pre-processing).
1 vote -
CLI - Authentication with no user interaction
Currently, before running any CLI commands one needs to manually authenticate on the browser -- which pretty much kills any chance of meaningful automation.
One (surely very sensible and common) use case is adding a full back up to one's shutdown routine. This cannot be done if it requires manual authentication because the user will fire the command and leave the computer, so he will not be able to authenticate. Placing the authentication in the beginning of the script only works if the script does not need to first add/remove/modify the files that will be backed up. Moreover, the token…
2 votes -
Office
I'd love to have better support for Office Documents on Proton Drive (Android / web).
I have to work with Word and Excel at work / school, and I store these files onto Proton Drive.But if I have to review a document on my phone (I do it often with the foldable screen), I have to download it, then open it with another app, and it complicates greatly the operation, since it is now not saved on my Drive.
What's more, I use the standard office Font 'Aptos' and Proton Drive web doesn't recognize it, so I end up…
6 votes -
Granular backups
we need ability to ignore files by type, name, or if they're in a specific directory that can be matched by name or some kind of regex. it is really annoying that some games have shader caches in Documents folder and it keeps backing these up- filling my trash can with a Terabyte of poo that I have to clean to recover my space.
11 votes -
Add two checkboxes to Drive, one for backing up photos and another for backing up videos.
Add two checkboxes to Drive, one for backing up photos and another for backing up videos. It would be useful to be able to select separately whether we want to back up only photos, only videos, or both.
3 votes -
Fix Table Bug
There is a bug where sometimes when you interact with a Table, the whole page freezes for a few seconds (Not the entire browser, just page).
(At least on Firefox)
2 votes -
Larger folder limits
I have several folders (associated with an application) that are syncing (or rather, failing to sync) through Proton Drive. The error message in the Drive Windows app is "Folder limit reached. To continue adding more files, create a subfolder.". I don't know how many files are in the folder, what the "limit" is, or even whether the limit is based on number of files or space occupied by the files. I don't have any control of how many files the app puts in its folders or what size they are - but I do need to sync the files between…
2 votes -
Using Drive for Photos albums in efficient way - smart and fast uploads
Using Drive for albums efficiently means, in my opinion, this: I go to the Photos section, then to Albums in P.Drive, click on upload folder, and select one folder on my PC, for example, "July 2025 trip to London", and Drive loads all the whole album at once, including all photos and videos, to the Albums section without any problems, with the same file name I've already given it. But today it's not able to do this. What's the point of having a photo slideshow app if I can't upload them easily and efficiently?
3 votes -
Block-level sync capability (Delta-sync)
AS a designer with many local large files
I WANT only the changes made to each file to sync (not the whole file every time)
SO I CAN save time, bandwidth, processor cycles, and my sanity.GIVEN I use large binary files
WHEN I edit a file locally
THEN only the changes to the file are synced, not the whole file.3 votes -
Proton Drive - Make "Modified" sort recursive, include contents and subdirectories
Right now the sort by "modified" date only refers to the very top level of the Drive. But If I'm adding files and folders to a top level folder that I created 3 years ago, that top level folder is still way far down on the sort list. If I'm doing a lot of work in one directory and frequently modifying the contents and/or subdirectories, I would expect that to be reflected in the top level, but as it is I have to do a lot of scrolling and manual scanning on each layer to get to the same folder…
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?