Proton Drive
497 results found
-
Restrict upload size for shared directory
I see as reasonable to restrict size of folder provided to someone to upload file(s) for me. I don't want to get short with space because of "my friend's" stupid idea to upload nonsenses.
2 votes -
Please market your upgrade plans less aggresivly
I think you market your upgrade plans too much and is should be cut down to when the thing you are suggesting to fix is actually a problem for example I only want the get an ad about getting more storage when I actually run out not every time I open proton drive. It would be a more pleasant uter experience not to have to click away all ads before actually getting to use what you want.
3 votes -
Consistent Styling
Disregarding that Docs and Sheets do not have any selectable themes like in the main Drive page, there are two inconsistencies:
1. Tooltips in Drive show above the mouse cursor while tooltips in Docs and Sheets pop up below the cursor.
This is actually also an accessibility issue as using a slightly larger mouse cursor will partially hide any information the tooltip was trying to show
2. Docs and Sheets have inconsistent menus. Sheets have the conventional "File, Edit, View, ... , Help" menus while Docs lack many features to fill menus but hides everything else in an overflow menu.…6 votes -
Less Advertising
I recently started using Proton as I have seen various sources praise the environment and so far I am liking Proton. However, while I understand that you guys need to make money and you rely on those who choose your paid services, the pop-ups and such cheapen the experience. I am considering the paid subscription because you guys have a good deal going on but perhaps ease up on the pop-ups. Same goes for the advertising emails. Thank you so much for your attention on this matter.
PS: Having to use a Google or Facebook to sign in and post…
3 votes -
Allow custom domains and branding in file sharing URLs with Proton Drive
Hi there,
when I share a folder with a public link, I only get an URL with the following structure:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/...It would be really great if I could use one of my connected custom domains here instead.
Also, I would love to implement some custom branding on the public-facing page that contains the shared data.
Right now, there is a "Proton Drive" logo and a link to setup a free account. This could even be connected to the selection of the domain: If I use the "drive.proton.me" URL, the Proton branding could stay intact, and if use "drive.customdomain.com",…4 votes -
File management paradigm change
Hum... I can't edit nor delete my first post about that, so I try republishing it... 🤔
♻️ File management paradigm change
This is a repost (deleted my former suggestion) as suggested by another user, to make it more clear, thank you. ❤️
I'm a curious, sometimes geek with nerd outbursts, user exploring and using newest technologies since 40 years.Unfortunately, I still see very old concepts and ideas still being implemented today by default, not because they're good, but because we're suffering from operational blindness.
🌏 Context
Managing files for users has not changed since 40 years: You work…5 votes -
Fix Underline Bug
If you have a sentence such as: "This is a sentence", and you mark the sentence with an underline, the line under the bolded text will be slightly above the rest of the line, e.g., the underline will not be even.
2 votes -
Background playback for the media previewer
Background playback for the media previewer
2 votes -
Increase file size
increase the drive file size limit from 10GB to 150GB
11 votes -
Expand Proton Drive Search to Include Trash, PCs, and Mobile Devices
As a Visionary Plan user, I use Proton Drive a lot for storing and managing my files. It would be really helpful if the search feature could be expanded to include:
Trash Folder: Right now, finding deleted files in the Trash is hard because there's no search. Adding search here would make it much easier to recover lost files quickly.
Files on My PCs and Mobile Devices: Currently, search only works for files inside Proton Drive. If it could also search files on my linked devices, it would save me a lot of time and make managing my files much…15 votes -
proton sheets
The autofill feature for dates doesn't work in portuguese. If I try to use it for days of the week in english, it works fine, but when trying in portuguese, it just copies the days of the week, instead of continuing to list them.
2 votes -
Sheets - inputing parameters for formula with keyboard resets previous formula
I input the formula, in my example it is: '=VLOOKUP('
Then, with keyboard, I select a cell with proper key, as the syntax of the formula requires.
Then I input ";" and start selecting the cells for the second parameter.
However, when I do this, my next selection replaces the previous parameter instead of adding the second one. It makes keyboard-centric workflow simply impossible.
2 votes -
Markdown
the ability to paste as or to copy as, as well as to export as Markdown format
7 votes -
Consolidated Download Notifications for Multiple Files
When downloading files one by one, the app currently creates a separate notification for each file. This quickly clutters the notification area and makes it inconvenient to track how many files have already been downloaded.
It would be better to group these into a single notification that updates with the current count of downloaded files, or alternatively replaces the previous notification with a new one showing the updated total.
3 votes -
Proton Sheets - Allow Charts to be moved to different sheets
I would really like charts to be able to be moved/pasted to different sheets. There are extremely limited cases where I would want my charts on the same sheet the data is stored on, so this is severely limiting their usability for me.
5 votes -
Hide identity of uploader
Currently, a publicly shared folder in proton drive shows the address of whomever uploaded it, and this address cannot be changed to a different one than that originally tied to your account as far as I can tell.
This can be gotten around by uploading from a private window with no login, however it would be nice if it was simply an option to change or hide the identifier, at least for those who the folder is shared to or used a public share link.
14 votes -
Synchronization with multiple PCs
I always have the same folder on my PCs for the data I need, and I'd like to synchronize this folder. Unfortunately, this isn't possible with Proton Drive. When setting up Proton Drive on my second PC, I keep getting the message "Invalid synchronization folder; the folder must be empty before setting up synchronization."
This is a significant limitation that's only acceptable with free, open-source drives.
4 votes -
Add Spreadsheet‑Style Font Options to the Text Document Editor
Proposal:
When creating or editing a text document in Proton Drive, users currently have a limited set of typefaces compared with the richer font selection available in the new spreadsheet editor. To provide a more consistent and flexible writing experience across the suite, we propose extending the text‑document editor to include all the fonts that are now supported in the spreadsheet module (e.g., Calibri, Cambria, Arial Unicode, etc.).Benefits:
…Unified Design Language – Users can maintain visual consistency when embedding tables, charts, or excerpts copied from spreadsheets into documents. Improved Productivity – Reduces the need to switch between applications or manually adjust6 votes -
Delete revision history in drive
I would love to see a automatically deletion of revision history for all docs in any folder I choose.
4 votes -
Allow renaming files within MS Word
Something changed in the background and I'm no longer able to rename a file from inside MS Word for files that are stored locally (or online) on my Proton Drive. There is something wrong with permission structures between Microsoft and Proton Drive.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?