Lumo
617 results found
-
Add secure tool support to Lumo for file creation, previews, and integrations
Dear Proton Community and Development Team,
I would like to suggest expanding Lumo with secure tool support so it can become more useful for practical daily work.
At the moment, an AI assistant is most valuable when it can not only answer questions, but also help users create, organize, preview, and export work in a controlled and privacy-respecting way.
Suggested tool improvements:
File creation and export
Lumo should be able to create files such as text documents, tables, simple presentations, ZIP archives, or structured project files and offer them as downloads.Secure preview features
Lumo could provide previews for generated…
5 votes -
Improve Lumo’s UI/UX for a smoother, more responsive daily experience
Dear Proton Community and Development Team,
I would like to suggest improvements to Lumo’s user interface and overall user experience so that it feels smoother, more consistent, and better suited for daily use.
Privacy and security are very important, and this is one of the main reasons why many users are interested in Proton products. However, for an AI assistant to become part of everyday work, it also needs to feel fast, polished, intuitive, and enjoyable to use.
My request is specifically about improving the interaction design and visual consistency of Lumo.
Suggested improvements:
More responsive UI interactions
Buttons, menus,…
4 votes -
Add capability allowing Lumo to package conversation, both prompts and responses, into a Proton doc file.
Add capability allowing Lumo to package conversation, both prompts and responses, into a Proton doc file.
4 votes -
Use better open-source ai models.
Dear Proton Team,
I would like to propose integrating several high-quality open-source AI models into the Lumo platform. These models align with Proton’s core values of privacy, transparency, and user data sovereignty, while offering excellent performance and flexibility.
The recommended models include GPT-OSS 120B, LLaMA 3, DeepSeek-V3, Mistral 8x22B, and BLOOM. These models stand out because they are open source, enabling complete self-hosting and customization. This means Proton can maintain full control over user data, keeping all processing within secured European data centers, aligned with Proton’s zero-access policy and strong privacy commitments.
GPT-OSS 120B offers powerful capabilities close to proprietary…
24 votes -
Idea: What if Lumo used on-device processing for heavy lifting?
Here's a thought: what if Lumo tapped into Apple's on-device intelligence (Neural Engine on iPhones/MacBooks) to pre-process large files before sending them to the cloud?
Right now, if you upload a big reference book — say, 12 MB — Lumo simply truncates it to 128K tokens. You lose most of the content before analysis even begins. That's frustrating.
A hybrid approach could fix this: the device handles the first pass (chunking, summarizing, extracting key sections), then ships the compressed result to Lumo's servers for the deep work. Less server load, faster responses, and no more throwing away half your document.
…
3 votes -
Project Threads Lack Clear Memory Architecture
Title: Project Threads Lack Clear Memory Architecture—Choose Privacy OR Context, Not Neither
Category: General Ideas / LumoThe Current Problem:
Lumo's v2.0 persistent memory aggregates content from general chat threads—but excludes project threads from memory aggregation. However, project threads remain indexed and searchable by keyword within the account.
This creates a contradictory state with no tangible benefit:
…No context continuity — When you mention a project topic in a general chat, Lumo doesn't know the project exists or have any history to reference No real privacy — Project content is still searchable/indexed, so it's not a true "black box" No4 votes -
Multiple windows (both emails and calendar) on Windows
When using ProtonMail, I want to be able to:
- Open a specific email in a new (secondary) window, So that I can read that email and type in a new email in a different window.
- Open the calendar in a new (secondary) window, So that I can look at my calender while processing emails.
- Open multiple emails in one window each.
- Open multiple calendar views in one window each.All this is possible in the WEB version, but I need to use the full search feature of the local installed ProtonMail client.
15 votes -
Offline access to Lumo chats & local search (like Proton Drive)
I'd like to propose a new feature for Lumo that enables access to chat histories without an internet connection – similar to the "Make available offline" function in Proton Drive.
Use Case: Users want to read and search through specific chats or project histories while offline (e.g., on a plane, in areas with poor connectivity, or for privacy reasons). Currently, Lumo is only usable online, which limits access to your own conversation data.
Proposed Features:
Offline toggle for chats:
Like in Proton Drive, users should be able to mark individual chats (or entire projects) with a toggle as "Available offline."…
4 votes -
Proton Draw
Title: Feature Request: Lumo Draw – Privacy-First AI Illustration for Authors (Watercolor & Dark Fantasy Styles)
Description: I am writing to strongly request the development of Lumo Draw, an AI image generation tool integrated into the Lumo ecosystem with zero-access encryption. (Note: The name "Lumo Draw" was my original concept, proposed here to maintain brand consistency with the Proton ecosystem.)
My Background & Member History: I have been a loyal Proton member for many years. Currently, I am subscribed to the Lumo+ Family Plan, and I am also a Lifetime Supporter who donated during the annual ticket drive to secure…
3 votes -
Allow Lumo to deal with Memory reduplicates
I notice the memory list often has either exact duplicates or very similar worded info. I presume there is some kind of self-check to see if a memory has already been added. But its not quite up to standard.
May i suggest can we give Lumo permission to comb through the memory and weed out duplicates or too similar ones. If there are edge cases it could apply a tag for a special filter called User Attention Needed (or something) and we can click on this button that is lit up when it has memories to assess and we only…4 votes -
4) Lumo Pages
Lumo Pages: Collaborate on documents with Lumo (either as a product in Lumo or Proton Docs)
Next post: https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/932842-lumo/suggestions/50637332-5-image-uploads22 votes -
To make Lumo more human
Subject: Proposal: A "Dual-Loop" Architecture for Next-Gen LLMs Inspired by Neuro-Mechanical Models
Dear Research and Engineering Team,
I am writing to share a conceptual proposal for a new architectural approach to Large Language Models (LLMs), inspired by the neuro-mechanical theories of Lee Kent Hempfling (specifically the distinction between Short-Term and Long-Term memory loops).
While current LLMs excel at pattern recognition and statistical prediction (effectively acting as massive Long-Term Memory systems), they lack a mechanism for inhibition, self-correction, and proactive intent. This proposal suggests a "Dual-Loop" architecture that could significantly reduce hallucinations, bias, and reactive behaviour.
The Core Concept: Dual-Loop Architecture…
4 votes -
Auto-Match Controls
The auto-match feature adds files based on keyword matching, which can unintentionally clutter conversations with unrelated files.
Requested: Settings to control auto-match behavior:
- Toggle auto-match on/off entirely
- Require explicit @mention for file inclusion
- Limit matches to exact filenames only (no substring matching)
- Show preview before auto-added files enter context
3 votes -
Screenshot -> Proton Drive + directly added in Lumo's chat/project
WARNING: what i am suggesting does exist if you use "change destination" of the screenshot program you use to save the images in a Proton Drive folder that will upload the pictures and so on. So please understand that what i will suggest is actually MORE then this and it's DIRECTLY linked to Lumo. AKA no, this is NOT a proton Drive suggestion => NO this is NOT a duplicate of existing suggestion exactly because i am suggesting MORE.
That is also why:
I will NOT explain in details why it's needed because it's absurd to assume that you even…4 votes -
AI-powered billing verification for construction (delivery notes + measurement = invoice)
I'm a construction site manager in landscaping (GaLaBau). Our industry software (greenGALA 8, BAUSU) is purely static – it generates output but performs no automated checks or reconciliations. Every verification is done manually: data entry, Excel cross-checks, triple manual control, handwritten delivery note sorting, and final invoice plausibility checks.
The core billing equation in construction is: Delivery notes + Measurement = Invoice. There is currently no tool that automates this reconciliation across the entire chain.
Three areas where AI support would create massive value:
Delivery note processing – Delivery notes are often barely legible: handwritten, dirty, incomplete, filled out on-site.…
3 votes -
Support for audio and creative file formats (.wav, .als, etc.)
When working on music production projects (Ableton Live), I can't upload the files I actually use:
.wav files are rejected — drag and drop returns "Unsupported file type"
.als files are greyed out in the file picker
I chose Lumo Plus because privacy matters for my creative work, but I can't even load the files I work with. Could support for common audio/creative formats be added?4 votes -
Lumo "lite" tier for Unlimited, Duo and Family subscribers
While I get the cost of hosting an LLM and a separate plan for unlimited usage is totally fair, I do think paying customers, especially subscribers to the so-called unlimited plans, should get a little special treatment with a tier of Lumo exclusive to these plans.
Perhaps instead of the 10/day and 200/month prompt limit, 1 project limit and 7 day history that Lumo Free provides, this new Lumo Lite could give us 50/day, 500/month, 2 projects and unlimited history (we already have 500 GB of storage so Lumo message storage should be negligible).
All the other features like unlimited…
6 votes -
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message.
Please have a text to voice function at the end of each message. Every other AI incorporates this and it reads the text back to you. It helps people with disabilities or if you are driving and trying to pay attention to the road. This way you can voice to text to Lumo and get text to voice back. Thanks!
3 votes -
Custom event time zones in Proton Calendar
I have been traveling more, and I would like to book work and personal events in their respective time zones. I have my current primary time zone as Central U.S. (Chicago), but a secondary time zone doesn't really make sense for short trips to other time zones. An example is I booked a museum tour at a specified time in London, UK next year. I would like to add it with the 12:00 at London 0 GMT. And then let's say I book a dinner reservation in Washington, DC for my trip this week. I could make it 6:00 pm…
2 votes -
Subthread creation from highlighted response, pinning, pruning, editing, model changing.
A fractal of subthreads started from a response.
Tree navigation, Pruning, and editing.
Subthread PinningG
I understand this is complex,
I'de rather have it slow and capable, instead of not at all.2 votes
- Don't see your idea?