General Ideas
1516 results found
-
Open up Lumo
I am not a hater of AI, but the handling of Lumos launch is disastrous to say the least.
Never ever release a product, call it open and then have no code and no information available about it. Basing something upon something open doesn't make it open itself. Saying so is literally lying and is eroding trust.
Neither do we know, what models Lumo uses, nor do we have access to any part of its code right now. It's a giant blackbox.
Please open up the code and training weights, adhering to the OSI definition of open AI.
Ideally make…54 votes -
Deactivate user (instead of deleting)
In our company, we would need to deactivate accounts when team members leave instead of deleting them altogether, in particular to allow us to have access to logs after their departure.
4 votes -
One place for all changelogs
I would like to suggest one single place for all the changelogs/release notes for all Proton products. At the moment they are little bit here and there or not available at all. It would be nice if these where gathered to one single place.
I like to keep an eye on products that I use daily, to see the new features make sure that I take ones I need or like into use. This would make it easier with Proton products.
4 votes -
One CLI for all of Proton Services (for humans and AI agents)
Feature Request: proton — One CLI for All Proton Services (for Humans & AI Agents)
Proton's suite of privacy-first services — Mail, Drive, Calendar, VPN, Pass, and Docs — is fragmented across separate apps with no unified programmatic interface. This makes it nearly impossible to automate workflows, build developer tooling, or integrate Proton services into AI agent pipelines.
The ask is simple: a single, composable command-line interface — proton — that covers all Proton services under one roof.
Why this matters
Power users want to script their workflows. Developers want to build on top of Proton without reverse-engineering private APIs.…13 votes -
Automatic updates on Linux Debian
Hello, I use the desktop application on a Linux workstation (Linux Mint, Debian distribution) and almost every time I open an application, I am prompted to update it. This is a bit annoying because I have several applications of the same type. In the end, I can't be bothered to update them every time because it's a bit time-consuming... I've searched the internet, but I can't find an apt repository to perform updates automatically at the same time as my PC updates.
Is there currently a way to automatically update the various Proton applications, for example with APT Linux?
If…16 votes -
Improve Newsletter View in Proton Mail
I'd like to have a filter on Newsletter View in Proton Mail to sort newsletters by unread AND recently received.
I'd also like to have a visual distinction between unread and read newsletters, similar to how it works in the inbox, so that I can visually tell the difference between newsletters I haven't read yet and those I've already read.4 votes -
A Proton Web Browser based on the Servo web engine
Proton should release their own web browser based on Servo instead of Chromium. There was a recent job posting by Proton to hire someone that could work on a Chromium based browser. Creating a Chromium based browser would be a mistake from a long term investment point of view. Chromium goes where ever Google chooses to take it. It is a bad idea to base such an important product on your primary competitor's technology and to be subject to their whims.
While Servo is still an experimental engine, many of us would rather see Proton's money and engineering talent go…
3 votes -
Integration with writing tablets
Privacy concerned users, such as journalists, would benefit from Proton Drive integration in emerging writing tablet devices.
Would love Proton to collaborate note and book annotation sync features with Amazon, Boox, Kobo, reMarkable, and other prominent writing tablet manufacturers. Too many of these devices vendor lock notes inside proprietary, non-endtoend encrypted services, with only manual export options.
32 votes -
Proton Notes as a Complete Document and Knowledge System
I would like Proton to develop a fully integrated, privacy-first note and document system within the Proton ecosystem that can serve as a true Evernote alternative.
The key goal would be combining encrypted notes with embedded, searchable PDFs (including OCR) and structured folder organization in one unified system.
There is currently no European solution offering this level of integration, security, and document workflow in a single platform.
13 votes -
Future set to send email?
Hi there, is there a feature which allows email to be sent in the near future, should an accidental event happen that leads to death to email owner?
Say if you have not login for 1 year, the email will be sent to whom they wish to receive it.
Much like in TV series Mr Robot (How i found out about protonmail)
Thanks for you time.
7 votes -
Proton Calendar | Page de réservation - zones ******
Hello,
I am currently exploring Proton Calendar because I want to move away from Google apps and others (e.g., Calendly).
It would be great if we could add buffer zones around already booked slots on Proton Calendar booking pages, similar to how Calendly handles it.
(This would allow for the inclusion of, say, average travel time, so that availability accounts for a buffer period before and after existing calendar appointments.)Thanks,
Have a great day!3 votes -
Feature Request: Native in-browser archive (ZIP) extraction and preview
Hi Proton Team,
I am writing to request a feature for Proton Drive web: native support for opening and extracting ZIP archives directly in the proton cloud.
When uploading thousands of small files (1 MB to 2 MB) over a 100 Mbps Ethernet connection, upload speeds drop significantly due to per-file transfer overhead. In contrast, uploading a single large archive fully utilizes the available 100 mbps bandwidth. Zipping files before uploading is the most efficient way to transfer large batch directories.
On my own research: this happens because Proton Drive applies end-to-end encryption, every file and folder is encrypted individually…
5 votes -
If you built a privacy focused search engine, I would use it.
If you built a privacy focused search engine, I would use it.
16 votes -
Collapsible prompt-answer blocks in a Lumo conversation
During a conversation, we may happen to have side-questions for which we don't want to start another conversation, as we want to keep the conversation's context, but we also don't want those side-questions and their answers to pollute or scatter the main conversation thread.
It would be great if we could collapse/expand each prompt-answer block, like in a code editor.
4 votes -
proton meet waiting room
Proton Meet is a fabulous solution for many problems. I was eager to move over to it once it had a waiting room feature to control who is admitted. However, having this as a paid only feature is just a huge bummer because that’s the only paid feature I need, and it’s cost prohibitive for solopreneurs. I already pay for Mail Essentials but cannot justify twice the expense for a single feature. Part of this is because I still have to pay for a Zoom subscription since Proton Meet doesn’t work with Cal.com (per another feature request I made). If…
4 votes -
Add Support for Liquid Glass on Apple Platform
Dear Proton Team,
It would be awesome if you could apply Apple’s new Liquid Glass UI guidelines to your app, especially since you are redesigning the Mail app right now.
Guidelines are here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/technologyoverviews/liquid-glass
37 votes -
Focus on privacy: A secure Proton Messenger app
It would be amazing to have a fully end-to-end encrypted messaging app within the Proton ecosystem (like Signal but integrated with Proton accounts). This would complete the ecosystem for users who care about ultimate privacy.
5 votes -
Add Proton apps to Flathub and GNOME Software
Making Proton's apps available on the app stores that Linux users use will make it easier and safer for users to find and download Proton apps and eliminate the risk of visiting sketchy websites to download the official Proton apps. The respective app store websites are linked below for reference.
- Flathub: https://flathub.org/
- GNOME Software: https://apps.gnome.org/Software/46 votes -
PDF compression service
Something similar to what Adobe offers: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/compress-pdf.html but privacy first
7 votes -
Proton anti-virus
Proton Anti Virus :
Stop and Protect Computer Or Device from Virus, Malwares, Spyware, etc
Anti-virus have access to everything on your computer so it will be nice to have a trusted one made by Proton.21 votes
- Don't see your idea?