Proton Mail & Calendar
2274 results found
-
Proton - give some indication that you are viewing these (mainly excellent) suggestions
Having trawled through the first 12 pages here, there is no indication that I can find that Proton are even aware of people's suggestions and frustrations with Proton's products.
On the whole, the ideas listed are valid but I feel like I'm shouting into the abyss with no response from Proton.
Also, many people are suggesting the same idea; my reason for coming here is the ridiculous showing of your main Proton email address when replying to an alias. It may not actually expose your main email but as a UX seeing your main email in the From box when…
24 votes -
Integrate Jitsi and remove Zoom
Jitsi is a FOSS privacy respecting meeting platform and Zoom is a closed source for profit entity. Please remove Zoom integration and add Jitsi to replace it.
204 votes -
Allow Sorting Emails by Folder AND Label Simultaneously
Currently, Proton Mail lets us organize by Folder or Label, but not both at once. When we open a folder like Shopping, we see every email mixed together. We can't instantly filter that view to show only the items we tagged, for example, with Return or To Do.
Because of this, many of us end up giving up on folders entirely to avoid the clutter, relying solely on labels. Others create deep subfolders (like Shopping/Returns) just to find specific items, which hides emails and slows navigation.
We would love the ability to filter a Folder's contents by a Label. This…
29 votes -
Reordering categories
It should be possible to choose the order of the new automatic categories on top of Proton Mail.
11 votes -
Bulk Delete
have been a loyal Proton user for years. While I love the encryption, the inability to easily mass-delete old emails is a major privacy flaw.
The Problem: To truly minimize my data footprint (a core privacy principle), I need to delete emails older than 6 months. Currently, there is no way to do this in bulk. Search by date fails, filters don't support date ranges, and manual selection is impossible with thousands of emails. As I have thousands of emails, it will take days to do it by clicking on 50 at a time
The Contradiction: Proton markets itself on…
27 votes -
E-Mail polling instead of Google push services (Android)
Proton is motivated to replace Google products with privacy respecting solutions, however the Android app uses Google's FCM. While this is the easiest and most efficient way to receive push notifications, there should be a replacement (UnifiedPush or a own service, as requested in other ideas).
Until this is considered, another solution could be polling every 15/30 minutes (Thunderbird works like this). If the downsides like delayed notifications and slightly increased battery use are communicated to the user, this would be a good improvement for devices without Google Play Services.21 votes -
Custom categories in top bar
There should be a way to add custom categories to the top bar or disable the sidebar altogether & use the top for everything
10 votes -
Access Android system shared calendar from ProtonMail
Android has a system-wide local (?) Calendar API, and some apps use it to push new events to the calendar (for example, the SNCF-connect application)
I would like Proton Calendar to be able to read events from this calendar, and optionally to write events to it.
it could be a special "Local" calendar distinct from others
15 votes -
Expand the limit on levels of sub-folders within ProtonMail
The current implementation of folders in Proton Mail allows for top-level folders and two levels of sub-folders beneath these.
I can understand that allowing an unlimited level may not be practical, but an increse from 3 to 5 levels would make it much more useful for sorting.
74 votes -
Automatic put contact's birthday in Calendar
When you enter a birthday or anniversary into a contact, give the option to add it automatically to the calendar.
25 votes -
Save emails and attachments directly to Proton Drive
Currently, there is no native feature to save an email and its attachments directly to a Proton Drive folder. Users must manually download attachments and export the email as an .eml file, then upload everything to Proton Drive — a multi-step process that is tedious and inefficient.
Proposed feature:
Add a "Save to Proton Drive" option within Proton Mail that would allow users to:
Save an email (as .eml or .pdf) along with its attachments to a chosen Proton Drive folder in a single action
Select the destination folder within Proton Drive
Optionally rename the saved email file
Preserve original…10 votes -
Proton Calendar: Travel Time for Events
Allow users to define optional travel time before and after an event. These times are shown as blocked in the calendar, while the core event duration remains unchanged. The calendar then reflects the true time commitment of the event.
51 votes -
Saved Composition Templates or Canned Responses
Allow users in Proton Mail to create an email template (saved composition or canned responses) .
32 votes -
Email Templates!
Sometimes I send dozens of emails that have the same text, only the recipient's name at the beginning changes. In thse cases, with good old Thunderbird I just create a template, open it, write the recipient's address, and send it. Swift and clean.
Proton doesn't have email templates. I'm lucky because I know of Thunderbird, but if I were just slightly less tech savvy that would be some stress you give me, Proton!
Note: Mailchimp and the like just don't feel privacy-oriented since they decided to block an account I used because the email was determine that it was encouraging…
13 votes -
Description field in Booking Page
The booking page is a great option but would suggest to add a text field where somebody can briefly describe the intention of the booking.
23 votes -
Ability for users to share all spams with the ProtonMail team for filter improvement, not just phising
I like to go through my spam folder to confirm if something is a spam or not. Since ProtonMail uses server-side filters to determine if something is a spam or not, I would love the ability to train these filters with my feedback, since I'm already going to manually classify emails in my spam folder anyway.
There is already the option to do that for phishing emails, why not allow it for all kind of spams ? (Also, I'm not sure what classifies as a spam vs a phishing email, I think there should be a clarification about that in…
8 votes -
Proton Calendar integration for Home Assistant
I would like a home assistant integration for proton calendar so that I can have my calendar be an input source to trigger automations. I think it would need to be an app inside of home assistant that you sign into with your proton account though because I don't want to have to make all of my calendars publicly subscribable. Home assistant is run locally on your own hardware, not the cloud, so I don't see why this would be a big security concern as long as you keep your home assistant server secure. home assistant would need to be…
40 votes -
Booking Page - Add option to mark time before and after booking request unavailable
Similar to my idea located here, https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-proton-mail-calendar/suggestions/51229339-booking-page-sync-availebility-from-my-calendar , I want to set up an option that when someone book my time, it will automatically also make some dedicated time before and after the booking to be unavailable , to avoid back to back bookings, And i want that unavailable time to be something we can decide, and not a fixed time
22 votes -
Display contact anniversary in calendar under a special calendar.
Today in contact we can add a Birthday filled. It would be nice to be able to see it as an event in the calendar.
Later, it would be nice to add any "date" in the contact and display it on the calendar out of the box
- Wedding
- Death
and so on...86 votes -
Automatically add appointments to calendar from recieved E-mail or ICS attachments
Automatically add appointments to calendar from recieved E-mail with ICS attachments. This is a feature similar to Gmail that auto adds the appointments details to your calendar if you recieve an email with ICS attached.
15 votes
- Don't see your idea?