Proton Mail & Calendar
973 results found
-
make the invitation email for calendar events optional
The email is currently mandatory.
There is at least one use case when the email is not desiderable:
I receive a Google Meet link with date and time by message in a Telegram DM or whatever.
The meeting is agreed upon and confirmed by both.
That person already has the event on his Google Calendar.
I want to set it on my Proton Calendar with the counterparty email as a reference for myself, but I would rather not send a duplicate confirmation email.
3 votes -
Collapsible Folder Management
After clicking on the "Manage your folders" icon right next to the + add new folders button, the user is taken to the Folders and labels settings page which shows all folders with subfolders indented.
The idea proposes that the parent folders have a collapsible feature to hide away the folder's subfolders to make folder management less cumbersome. The idea would be akin to how the Windows File Explorer's leftmost sidebar handles folders.2 votes -
Flathub
Verify ownership of https://flathub.org/en/apps/me.proton.Mail
11 votes -
Allow drag and drop to sort folders/labels outside of "All Settings" menu
Every other email client I’ve used lets you rearrange folders/labels with simple drag and drop. For some reason, Proton requires you to open a separate settings menu just to change folder order, which is incredibly frustrating, especially if you reorganize often.
What’s more confusing is that you can drag and drop default categories like “Inbox,” “Drafts,” and “Sent,” but not your own folders or labels.
4 votes -
"Reply all" should put ALL recipients as "To" adresses
It is driving me nuts that if I am part of a group of recipients of an email, and I hit "Reply all" then only the one who sent the email I am replying ALL to is put as "To" recipient - the rest are added as CC recipients, even if all were "To" recipients on the email I reply to.
Please either change this - I've never seen another client handle "Reply all" in this way - or at the very least make it a setting on my account (not per client) if I want the current behaviour or…5 votes -
Change the Proton Calendar app name on Android in Calendar / Agenda
On Android, the app name is displayed as “Proton Calendar”. On many launchers there isn't enough space, so only “Proton…” is visible. This makes it hard to distinguish Proton Calendar from other Proton apps at a glance.
Please either:
- shorten the Android launcher label to “Calendar”, or
- allow users to choose a shorter launcher name, e.g. “Calendar” / “Agenda”.
The Proton branding is already clear from the icon, so displaying “Calendar” would make the app much easier to identify.1 vote -
What is an MBOX Viewer and how can it help?
If you have an MBOX file from Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Google Takeout, or another email application, you may not want to import it to an email client to see the contents. An MBOX Viewer may be useful in such cases.
An MBOX Viewer allows you to see the mailbox’s content: who wrote and addressed the email, what subject and date it has, what the message body and attachments are. Moreover, search options in some viewers help find the necessary messages quickly and easily in a large volume of data.
For instance, if you have downloaded your Gmail via Google Takeout,…
1 vote -
Enable contact group membership even without an e-mail
Groups are useful as sets of contacts even though they may not have [yet] an e-mail address. Currently it is not possible to add a contact to a group if they don't have an address, so I use fake e-mail addresses for those, but this is not very consistent...
2 votes -
Bridge: Don’t Terminate Connection When Quitting App
When using CMD+Q with the macOS Proton Bridge app this also terminates the connection. In my opinion the connection should stay alive (sometimes you accidentally close the app window with CMD+Q instead of CMD+W) or at least it should warn you with a message.
2 votes -
Remove notification after event ends
In Google Calendar, on Android at least, event notifications automatically disappear after an event ends. It would be nice if Proton Calendar did the same, to help keep the system notification tray tidier.
3 votes -
Add Sender to Existing Filter
I like to use my filters for categories of senders, not just individual filters for every sender. It would be nice if we can click the "Filter" button and choose the option to append the selected email's sender or Subject etc. to an existing filter.
For example, I like to put all my emails related to airline points in the same folder. Having 5 filters for different airlines makes my filter list cumbersome to go through, so I combine them into one filter. If I have an existing filter that is already moving New Zealand Air emails to my Points…
11 votes -
Docker Version of Bridge (linux)
Provide an official repository for Proton-Bridge as a Docker Container. Currently its only possible to connect Protonmail via IMAP to other docker services (Ollama-AI, Paperless-ngx) using one of many community made and managed docker images. Since many people are doing it, surely its better to provide a secure and trusted option.
23 votes -
Improve UI/UX for replying to emails
I'm not sure about anyone else but it's quite frustrating that the interface for writing a reply to an email covers up the email you are trying to reply to.
Would it not be better to follow the UI of Google Mail where you can reply in a box under the actual email you're replying to instead of having this floating window stuck to the bottom of the page?
2 votes -
more defaults for each calendar
Basically all options able to be defaulted to any calendar. Duration (including all day), notifications (type and frequency), location, even details and the options to come (like attachments).
One calendar is "Birthdays" while one calendar is "Meetings." We can see how the defaults would be very different here yes? Every birthday is saved as all day and will want to be reminded further out. Meetings are probably short specific times and reminders are closer to the date. This is true for each and every calendar yes?
I'd say a big opportunity to increase efficiency here.
3 votes -
Release changed instances from repeated event chains when choosing edit only this instance (Android)
Changing an instance of a repeated chain of events should release that event from the chain, at least when the user chooses to only edit this one instance of the event-chain. Currently this doesn't happen on Android, and changing an individual event after having all ready made a previous individual change to that event can sometimes affect the rest of the event chain in unexpected ways.
1 vote -
Booking Page allow multiple dates choice
To find a Date for a group of people it would be nice to be able to allow multiple selections of daten and an option to set a most choosen option as final date.
3 votes -
Calendar app icon to display the current {day of week} and {day of month}
Background
The Proton Calendar app on iOS (and presumably Android )currently appears like a blueish/purple square with a small "31" in the bottom right corner. The "31" is static and doesn't change.
The official Apple Calendar app icon has the name of the day (e.g. "SAT") and the day of the month (e.g. "13") on the icon itself, making the app icon useful at a glance without even requiring the user to open the app.
Proposal:
It would be very cool and very useful if the "31" on the Proton Calendar app icon actually changed to represent the current day…
16 votes -
Follow the requirements of RFC 3676 when formatting nested quotes
Currently, the Proton Mail web client formats nested quotes (quoting a quote) as
> >, which violates RFC 3676; the standard requires the sequence>>for a second level of quoting depth (and similarly for deeper levels).1 vote -
My default desktop calendar view is MONTH. When I create a calendar entry the calendar switches to DAY view. When I have completed my entry
My default desktop calendar view is MONTH.
When I create a calendar entry the calendar switches to DAY view.
When I have completed my entry I have to manually re- select MONTH view from the top menu. Can you please make the calendar view return to whatever the default view is?2 votes -
Buttons should be at the end of the mail
Dear ProtonMail team,
I would like to suggest a usability improvement for the webmail interface.
Currently, the action buttons (such as delete, archive, etc.) are positioned above the email content. In practice, this creates friction: after reading a message, I often want to take an action, but I have to scroll back to the top to access those buttons.
It would improve the user experience significantly if these action buttons were also available at the end of the email, or if they remained visible while scrolling. This would allow users to act immediately after reading, without unnecessary navigation.
Thank you…
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?