Proton Mail & Calendar
2284 results found
-
Increase the cap on address deletions for paid users and display clear UI about cap limit
There is a very strict cap on how many and how often addresses can be deleted. As a Mail Plus customer, I get 10 addresses in total - which is a solid value - but I can apparently only delete one every year (?) or so. The actual cap limit is not published - the app simply fails with an error when try to delete a second address "too soon".
I understand why deleting addresses is strictly capped: to prevent abuse, and it also appears to be a technologically somewhat expensive, plus that address is now forever unavailable to anyone.
…
5 votes -
Update view (with columns) of Proton Mail in iOS.
Please urgently integrate the column view in Proton Mail for iOS (especially iPad) to have a modern email client view with a column for email inbox + view of email content.
Current work is not user-friendly and the current client is like something from the 90s.4 votes -
Can I just point out that the mail export function is unwieldy and doesn't work properly.
Just a thought. It's not a priority but I had occasion to want to back up my Protonmail emails yesterday, and I don't know whether you've tried it, but it's an unnecessarily convoluted process involving downloading an EXE, then typing a bunch of stuff into the terminal. Due to there being no cursor, I had to go back in and turn off 2FA and change my password to something siimple so I could get it to work. After which, it crashed twice and I eventually gave up. I'd like to think it should be easier just to download a load…
1 vote -
Allow labels to be marked as current or archived
Basically, I have a lot of labels from an old project that aren't applicable anymore. I'd like to mark them as 'archived' so I can still search on them, but they won't be an option to apply to new items anymore. With too many old labels the list is very long. By archiving some this list well be much easier to scroll through.
3 votes -
Customize Side Panel in Mail
I would very much like to hide a couple of the elements in the Proton Mail side panel. I would like to be able to hide "Views" and "Folders" as I don't use them and they just take up space.
At the very least, it would be nice to have the option of moving them to the bottom so the Labels element (which I use a lot) is higher in the left panel.Thanks!
8 votes -
Projectoverview
An overview that displays categories or folders with filters in a column layout, showing—immediately below the header—only the 10 most recent emails (with the option to load more via scrolling). When an email is clicked, its content should be displayed in a preview pane situated beneath the list. This would provide a perfect overview for project-related communication.
example
Proj1 Proj2 Proj3 .....
mail1 Mal1 Mail1
mail2 Mail2 Mail2
mail3
VIEWER
2 votes -
Allow custom accent colors for individual email accounts in the Android app
Currently, when multiple accounts are logged into the Android app, they are distinguished only by email address and a predefined color. Having multiple accounts yields in my case to random colors, three having the same color, one having another color.
Users cannot assign custom colors to specific accounts to make visual identification easier.
Please add an 'Account Color' setting in the Android app's account settings, similar to what is available on iOS (if it exists there) or web, allowing users to pick from a palette to distinguish their accounts.
3 votes -
Add option to state availability of calendar items
Make day events by default as unavailable in booking pages. now that is not the case.
Also consider creating a flag in a calendar event that makes the invite free or unavailable. Sometimes you have these calendar events that are just reminders.
3 votes -
Proton Scribe Linux support
Proton Scribe is a great tool for writing emails, however the lack of support for letting users run Proton Scribe locally on a Linux system limits the usage and the privacy of this feature greatly
5 votes -
do not use windows action centre for reminders, design persistent reminder instead
Problem Description:
The Windows Proton app is working as intended, but that is not good enough. The Proton app uses the Windows notification feature to relay reminders to the user, and Windows can be configured to display the reminder for up to 5 minutes, after which it disappears. But it cannot be configured to remain displayed until dismissed by the user. The reminder always disappears after a short time, and if I'm not present at my PC at that time I will never see the reminder. I have missed several very, very important reminders because of this issue. That is the…4 votes -
Keyboard shortcut for snoozing email
Please add a keyboard shortcut for snoozing email on the web and desktop clients.
Would love to be able to press 'z' or something like it, and have the "Snooze Message" dialog pop open7 votes -
Send & archive
It's really hard to use the inbox 0 approach when you can't switch the "Send" button over to "Send & Archive". It's very easy to implement and a really essential feature I'm extremely surprised to find missing.
4 votes -
"Sender contains" filter
When I create a filter and try to use "Sender Contains", it seems proton is looking for the actual email address and not even looking at the sender's display name.
For example, I have an email from "xyz store", but the email is "mail@sendfoxmail.com". My filter says if "Sender Contains" "xyz store" then move it to "abc Folder".
However, since Proton is not looking at the Display name, it does not apply the filter.
Desired solution: Proton looks at the sender's email address AND Sender's display name.
3 votes -
Email all participants
Like in Outlook, add an "Email all participants" Button to events.
Should open a Mail, like a reply all to the event. This is helpful for where I want to tell others, e.g.:
* "Sorry, I will be late"
* "Here are more details about the event"12 votes -
Allow minimizing/collapsing of Proton Mail desktop app navigation bar on the left
I like using the "Column" view setting in the Proton Mail desktop application but the navigation bar on the left side of the app (where you select Inbox, Drafts, Sent, etc.) encroaches on the usable viewing area when trying to view emails. I use Windows 11 and like to "snap" my email application on the left half of my screen. Allowing minimizing/collapsing of this bar (similar to how Outlook allows this) would grant additional viewing space for emails.
2 votes -
2 votes
-
View Starred / Favourite Contacts
Proton Mail for Web should allow marking individual contacts as "Starred" or "Favourite".
Coinciding with that, the Contacts pane should have a "Starred" or "Favourites" tab in addition to "Contacts" and "Groups".
Although this is not a critical feature, there are already at least two good reasons for it:
All of the extra encrypted fields in Contacts makes Proton Mail a good place not just to store your e-mail contacts, but your entire address book, including phone numbers, mailing addresses, birthdates (etc). However, this leads to the addition of many seldom-used entries that one doesn't necessarily need or want to…
3 votes -
Auto-correct spellcheck in message composition
Apple and Gmail both have seamless and intuitive auto-correct spellcheck. Proton simply highlights misspelled word but does not correct or even offer correction options.
39 votes -
ProtonMail mobile app allow attachments from other apps
As of today, it's only possible to source attachments from:
- my photo library
- take new picture
- import from...
None of these options allows me to choose from an app on my Android mobile phone. I would for example like to source pictures from my Synology Photos app.
5 votes -
Calendar Week view improvement
The existing Week view in Calendar is too busy and cluttered.
This is in both Desktop and Android Mobile.
An additional Week view layout that shows just 7 days, without the full list of times displayed would be a better user experience.
The Android calendar app "aCalendar" by Tapir Apps has a much nicer layout for the Week view.
See below for example screenshots (fifth screenshot is the Week view):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.withouthat.acalendar5 votes
- Don't see your idea?