Proton Mail & Calendar
2272 results found
-
Edit/delete both Current and Future events for a recurring event series
Google Calendar has long supported the ability to choose whether modifications to an event in a recurring series will affect the current event only, or the current event and all future events. Exchange long lacked this ability, but at some point has gained an option to do so: https://oneminuteofficemagic.com/2025/06/12/editing-recurring-events-in-outlook-with-this-and-all-following-events/
Workflows I wish I could do but don't think I can right now (or it is difficult to do):
- Delete an event from a recurring event, plus all future events in the recurring event. Eg, I have a recurring event, but I no longer need it going forward.
- Edit an event…
12 votes -
Layout Options for Tablets and Folding Phones
Just general layout customizations for tablets and folding phones.
- Reading pane
- Split Screen
- Adjustable window sliders
- etc3 votes -
Secure translate tool inside protonmail
Translating messages is often a security issue as user have no idea of the sensitivity of a message (because they cannot read it!) and copy and paste into an online service like google translate.
It would be fantastic in protonmail implemented a secure (on device?) translation service inside the protonmail apps. Maybe utilising your AI lumo?
5 votes -
Resize attached images
We can currently change the display size of inline images but the file size remains the same. We don't always need send the highest resolution - in gmail you can choose small/medium/large/original and the resolution and file size are adjusted accordingly. Presumably this would be an advantage to proton also, as it would save on disc space.
10 votes -
Option to display newest emails first within a conversation thread
I would like to request an option to reverse the order of emails within a conversation thread, so that the newest messages appear at the top instead of the bottom.
15 votes -
"Mailing list header" should not waste that much space
The "This message is from a mailing list. - Unsubscribe" currently takes up a lot of screen space!
While I like the option to easily unsubscribe, its not a task that I do often. So that feature should not take that much space.
Also the message "This message is from a mailing list" is not very helpflul since its already clear that this is the case for most mails.
The mail header currently has a lot of empty space (on large screen). Please change that feature so it stays aside and did not make the header larger.
3 votes -
Avoid exposing core email addresses
So here's something about the behaviour of Proton Mail I find puzzling and concerning. When I received a mail sent to one of my aliases from an unwanted source in the desktop app for Mac, I clicked on the option to disable the alias. I was then presented with a dialog box USING ONE OF MY CORE NON-ALIAS EMAIL ADDRESSES to send an email to unsubscribe from the sender's email list. This seems to be the worst response for my my privacy - why on earth would I want to send an email from one of my core email addresses…
45 votes -
Send reminder email to user who booked meeting
Oftentimes, people who book appointments with me through Proton's Calendar Booking solution will forget about the appointment, and eventually not show up.
It would be nice to have the possibility to send users who booked an appointment a reminder email, in order to avoid no-show.7 votes -
To enhance Proton Calendar with a feature that automatically calculates ages for recurring birthday reminders, highlights milestone birthday
User Story:
As a Proton Calendar user,
I want to add a person's date of birth for recurring birthday reminders,
So that the calendar can automatically calculate and display the age they'll be turning each year,
And I want the option to only show ages for milestone birthdays,
So that I can easily recognize and prepare for these special occasions while maintaining privacy for regular birthdays.Prompt for creating an interface:
Design a user interface for Proton Calendar that showcases the new birthday and milestone birthday features. The interface should include:A monthly calendar view with a few sample birthdays,…
415 votes -
Disable mobile app notifications for spam e-mail (Android)
Please consider adding the option to disable mobile notifications for e-mails that are considered spam. Currently those e-mails (those added to the Spam folder), have notifications on the Android app, along with the non-spam e-mails.
7 votes -
Export function for Contacts
Please allow exporting contacts to .csv.
This would also enable advanced editing (e.g. export to .csv, edit in a spreadsheet program, and then import back).
19 votes -
Desktop client: improve startup and tray options
The desktop client lacks a proper option to start automatically with the system. I can add it manually to startup, but then the app opens normally instead of minimized.
It would be great to have these options:
Start minimized.
Show or hide in the tray.
Minimize to tray or taskbar.This is essential because many devs end up with both tray and taskbar icons unnecessarily. I usually minimize to the taskbar, but when I close an app it still runs in the tray in the background.
Alternatively, please provide launch keys/flags so I can create my own startup shortcut with…
14 votes -
One click between calendar and mail
Please provide a way to switch between calendar and mail with one button click, instead of opening a menu. I'm annoyed every time I want to look at the calendar that I click the 4-dot button, then choose calendar. There is plenty of real-estate in the app to put some tabs or buttons for this.
Also- it would be nice to be able to open the calendar directly from a windows shortcut icon.
I up-voted these:
"It would be great if there was a keyboard shortcut to switch between calendar and mail on the desktop app"
"Separate mail and calendar…25 votes -
MBOX Converter Tool – Convert MBOX Files to PST, PDF, EML & More
Looking for a reliable and hassle-free way to convert your MBOX files? SysInfo MBOX Converter is the perfect solution designed to make email migration simple, secure, and efficient. Whether you need to convert MBOX files into PST, PDF, EML, MSG, CSV, or import them directly into Gmail, Office 365, IMAP, and other email platforms, this powerful tool handles everything with exceptional accuracy. It supports bulk conversion of multiple MBOX files without any data loss while preserving the original folder hierarchy and email integrity. The software also allows you to preview emails before conversion, remove duplicate messages, filter emails by date…
2 votes -
Improve security: How to know if an email is a Proton main user or just a Proton alias (@pm.me) for a different main user
Improve security: How to know if an email is a Proton main user or just a Proton alias (@pm.me) for a different main user
Try to log in without @domain.tld (for instance, if your user is: asdf@pm.me, try just asdf).
If asdf exists as a user in @proton.me/@protonmail.com/@protonmail.ch, it will return an "invalid password" message. Otherwise, it will tell you that the user doesn't exist.
IMHO, the message should always be: "Incorrect username/password combination." That would also help avoid disclosing which addresses could be active (or at least were active at some point).
5 votes -
Remove Email Address from Bookingpage
Hi, I tested the new booking page functionality in Proton Calendar today. I saw that my default email address is displayed on the booking page. It is publicly visible to everyone. Why is this? I do not want to disclose my email address by default. Can this be turned off?
11 votes -
Build a connector to Anthropic Claude
Connectors to Claude will allow us to leverage AI LLM to manage email such as delete, compose, search, summarize etc.
10 votes -
Auto-Reply for Individual Addresses
Proton Mail currently only supports a single global auto-reply. Users with multiple addresses or aliases have no way to set individual auto-responses per address.
Proposed improvement: Allow users to configure auto-reply settings independently for each email address/alias on their account.
Each address should have its own:
Custom message text — so replies match the context of that address (e.g. professional tone for a work address, casual for personal)
Schedule (date range) — to enable auto-replies only during specific periods, independently per address
Sender filter — choose whether all senders or only known contacts trigger the auto-reply
On/off toggle — quickly…11 votes -
Edit public holidays
Please consider allowing one to edit public holidays that are imported for a particular country, e.g. delete a regional public holiday that is not relevant to the user because they live in a different part of the country. Currently you cannot delete any public holidays. It will help to reduce calendar clutter. Thank you for considering!
18 votes -
Hide username/email from the browser tab title for better privacy
I have a small suggestion that would honestly be a lifesaver for opsec. Currently, Proton Mail displays the full email address in the browser tab. This is a bit risky when sharing screenshots or screen sharing in university or work groups, as it’s incredibly easy to accidentally leak your address.
It would be amazing if we could get an option to hide the email address from the tab title, or just have it say "Inbox" instead. It’s a small tweak but would go a long way in making the web app feel even more secure.
7 votes
- Don't see your idea?