Proton Drive
497 results found
-
Proton Drive’s session management - Persistent login session
Hi Proton Team and Community,
I would like to raise a security-related suggestion regarding Proton Drive’s session management.
Currently, Proton Drive maintains a persistent login session, which is convenient from a usability standpoint. However, in certain scenarios, especially when dealing with sensitive or confidential documents, this behavior can pose a security risk.
Unlike tools such as Cryptomator, which require authentication (e.g., PIN or password) every time the application is accessed, Proton Drive does not currently offer an option for an additional local authentication layer or automatic lock on device access.
You guys already do this with proton pass.
Suggestion:
It…2 votes -
I'd like to share a photoalbum.
I'm a hobby-photographer and i mainly bought proton drive to share pictures.
The problem is, when uploading pictures as files, i can share them, but i can not view a prewiev on my phone, without having to download them. On the other side, when i upload them as pictures, i can not share them easily with friends. I want to share a link, from which they can view and download the pictures, without having to create an account on proton.This is just stupid and should not be that hard.
8 votes -
Tables on iOS are excessively narrow
Tables that look fine on other devices are shrunk to an excessively small width on iOS devices in the Proton Drive app as well as in the Browser (tested with Safari and Firefox). In a two-column table, the width is so small that line breaks are added even for short words.
3 votes -
Double-click to open a shared Proton Doc
Opening a shared Proton Doc – In the web UI (https://drive.proton.me), locate the shared document, double‑click the title or the blue Doc icon (or select the file and press Enter/right‑click → “Open in Docs”). This opens the file directly in the Proton Docs viewer. The three‑dot menu only offers download, details, copy, or remove; it does not contain the “open” command. Adding this step‑by‑step tip will help free‑account users who see only the three‑dot menu and prevent confusion.
3 votes -
faster and reliable sync
I need faster and reliable sync.
I tryed to use proton drive to store my encrypted password database (keepass) but if add a new password and save the archive on my computer and after 30s 1 minute i try to reopen on my android phone i stil have the old version
so i have to use dropbox... it works flawlessy, the same moment i save my file on a device the new version is avviable on the other but it's US based and i don't like that
also please consider to a sorto of API for third part apps.... i…
3 votes -
Ability to browse My Files added to Proton Drive in Proton Drive PC app
After downloading the Proton Drive desktop app I have the ability to choose there which folders do I want to sync but to access My Files added to Proton Drive I have to go to File Explorer. I would love to have it in one place and not only have the ability to sync files from my PC through the Proton Drive desktop app but also to have there all My Files added to Proton Drive.
2 votes -
Copy/pasting Docs files in Proton Drive
Maybe a minor thing for some but it doesn't seem to be possible to copy/paste Docs files within Proton Drive so they work. At least mine won't sync, even though I do. I have my patients fill out questionnaires by opening a Proton Drive public link and fill out a Docs file. This problem forces me to continuously create new empty docs and paste into them.
7 votes -
Add fast scroll bar (jump from month to month) to albums, like in all photos
The new scrollbar allowing you to jump from year to year and month to month in the all photos list is really nice. I wish the albums had it, right now I have to create an album per year to make large albums workable.
I've tried both iOS and the web app and didn't see this in either place, although the announcement of the fast scroll bar seemed to indicate it should be there.
4 votes -
Separate or tag devices for Photos
When backing up photos, save each device's photo library to a separate folder or at least tag which device the photo came from.
I take personal photos on my phone and photos for my business on my tablet, I don't want to mix them up in a single collection.
3 votes -
Map display for Photos (same as in IOS)
I know, metadata is deleted. But i would find it very cool, to leave the Place of the Photo and make some sort of Maps for Photos (where the Photo has been taken). Same like on IOS. Would appreciate that, since its a cool feature and the only purpose, i leave my Photos on IOS
14 votes -
Add to album list order
It's not clear what's the order in the "add to album" list from a selected photo. It should be by name, or better to be selectable (date, alphabetical...) or searchable with a text box.
5 votes -
Better aligned functions between the apps on separate devices
For example: I can share a file/folder from my mobile phone Drive app, and get a link for this. I can even look at the shared files in the dedicated section 'Shared' and flick between 'Shared with me' and 'Shared by me'. Why can't the latter also be part of the desktop app? It would save me a lot of time.
Also, 'Create document' would be great in the desktop Drive app, even if it opens my desktop browser to do so, but a dedicated document app would be fantastic!
2 votes -
Add a way to clear/hide the activity section in the menu bar window
For privacy reasons, there should be a way to clear or completely disable the activity section in the menu bar window on Mac.
3 votes -
Render correct photo ratio in Photos and Album overviews
Currently all photos are rendered with the same portrait aspect ratio, which does not correctly represent the images correctly. It would be nice if users had an option to display the original aspect ratio all scaled to the same height or some other dynamic layout which displays the full image scaled down for the overview.
8 votes -
Activities should never clear and be openable
In the Proton Drive app, the activity section only shows files that were just uploaded and will then clear the history. You also can't click the files to quick open them up. I think Activity should be more like a "recents" tab that shows most recent edited files for quick access where you can just click to open them.
2 votes -
Normalize file names to NFC Unicode on sync to fix macOS–Windows compatibility with Korean characters
[Problem]
macOS stores Korean characters using NFD (Canonical Decomposition), while Windows and Linux use NFC (Canonical Composition). When files with Korean names are synced between platforms, the differing Unicode normalization forms cause file name conflicts, duplication, or sync errors.[Root cause]
macOS HFS+/APFS decomposes characters into constituent jamo (NFD). The same Korean string has a different byte sequence on macOS vs Windows/Linux, even though it looks identical to users. This is a known OS-level behavior, not a user error.[Requested fix]
Normalize all file and folder names to NFC before syncing, regardless of the originating OS. This is the approach…2 votes -
.XLSX files - duplicate files / read-only
When opening an existing .XLSX file within Proton Drive, this creates a (1).xlsx file. Ideally it would open and update the existing file, otherwise it will continue to generate multiple duplicate files (1).xlsx, (2).xlsx, etc. Alternatively, an option to open as a read-only version here (for original uploader) might be helpful.
5 votes -
Make indent+outdent buttons visible by default on mobile
As a mobile Proton Drive user taking notes on a book, a podcast, or a lecture, I want to indent and dedent with a single button press so that I can efficiently take hierarchical notes. Proton Drive and Google Docs both have indent/dedent functionality. Google docs shows indent+dedent buttons by default on mobile. Proton Drive hides them in a menu on mobile.
3 votes -
2 votes
-
Uploading in the iOS application
It's unacceptable and extremely annoying that you can only select and upload a maximum of 10 files at a time on iOS. Android offers so many more options. Please change this urgently. It's such a huge hindrance.
6 votes
- Don't see your idea?