General Ideas
511 results found
-
Allow turning off email event reminders
I have Proton Calendar on my phone, and I get event reminders there via push notification. For me, getting an email reminder in my email is redundant. I get two push notifications on my phone that I have to dismiss, not to mention deleting the completely useless email. If people find this feature useful (though neither Google nor Microsoft do this), great keep it but please let the rest of us turn it off.
2 votes -
Calendar: Bad iOS/iPadOS notifications
Unlike most other mobile applications, Proton Calendar's notification banners can't be swiped from right to left to dismiss.
I have to manually visit the Notification Center every single time.
Please ensure that Proton Calendar notifications for all Apple devices are dismissable with the normal horizontal swipe gesture.
2 votes -
Contact Data Base
Ability to search data base for duplicate entries to delete or merge
8 votes -
Parallels
I use Windows running in Parallels on MAC and cannot install Proton apps for Windows in the Windows VM. As a consultant, I have several clients who use a variety of OS, so I use a MAC (OS Tahoe 26.0.1) and run Linux, Windows and MAC in Parallels VMs. In Windows is the OS where I am in need of Proton apps including VPN. However, cannot install either the Proton Mail app which gets a failure or the VPN app which will not even start an install process. Your help in adding this to your features would be greatly appreciated.
3 votes -
Add Spain to the free VPN plan
I think it'd be great if you guys could add Spain to the free VPN plan instead of Romania or Poland as a lot of people including myself consume a lot of Spanish content. This is just a request of course.
4 votes -
search for more data in contacts
I would be very very usefull to be able to search in the contacts not only for Names and E-Mail Adresses but also for specific keywords. We have often keywords in the notices of a contact but are not able to filter them out in the search field. It should search in all data fields of a contact.
6 votes -
Support Google Takeout for data imports (add to Easy Switch)
TL;DR: Easy Switch can auto-forward emails, then move your contacts and calendar. But what about:
Google Drive files, Google Photos, Google Password Manager, Google Finance, Gemini?
We should be able to move those data into Proton services Proton Drive, Proton Pass, Proton Wallet and Lumo quite easily with Google Takeout.
And what about autoforwarding from Outlook and Apple or sign in with Apple?
But we can’t.Dear Proton Community and Development Team,
We propose an enhancement to Proton’s “Easy Switch” technology to maximize user acquisition, engagement, and a more comprehensive way to move data to a more private service, while…
4 votes -
Move away from Electron apps
Many apps that Proton uses are built with Electron, which are much less secure and much more bloated than native apps
https://www.privacyguides.org/articles/2024/11/30/pwa-vs-iwa/#current-web-based-apps
I think it would be really cool if all of Proton's apps could be native ones.9 votes -
Bad TOTP autofill for websites various and sundry
Proton Pass fails to autofill TOTP code textboxes for many websites, including PayPal and Reddit.
3 votes -
search and replace in docs
for common typos.
But please don't put any automatic correction or underlining that you couldnt turn off (underlining which I'm seeing as I write this on every word)9 votes -
Lumo Formatting
When displaying equations it gives them in a very awkward format. It is not easily readable, and does not support superscript, subscript, or fractions.
5 votes -
Bitte offizielle APK der Proton Authenticator App bereitstellen
Die App ist gelungen und passt gut ins Proton-Ökosystem.
Allerdings wäre es sehr hilfreich, wenn ihr eine fertige APK-Datei direkt zum Download anbietet – wie bei Proton Mail oder VPN.Das manuelle Erstellen der APK ist für Nutzer ohne Vorkenntnisse kaum machbar und schreckt viele ab. Eine offizielle APK wäre eine einfache, vertrauenswürdige Lösung für alle ohne Play Store.
5 votes -
Notify users of new features
I learn about the latest Proton releases in my news app as a tech article on some blog or web site. Why aren't users notified of new features or new products until 2-3 days after they're released?
5 votes -
Authenticator Microsoft logo
Proton Authenticator app doesnt display the microsoft logo on entries even when setting provider as "Microsoft", Tested on windows as well as android.
Btw, i was going through the source code and i did find microsoft logo ico url, but for some reason it doesnt display in app.
(I wasn't really sure where to post this, im sorry if ive posted it in the wrong category)
5 votes -
Drive only subscription
Hey! I know this is something you'll have to really think through inside the company, but I'm sharing my case anyway!
I'm sorry if this idea was already suggested, but I couldn't find it.
I'd like a Drive-only subscription, just like we have an email-only one. I'd like to start using your services, but I already pay for another VPN and use another password manager. So paying for all of those if I'm not using them seems like a lot.
That is it. Thanks for considering this!
2 votes -
Don’t append HTML signatures when replying to plain text emails.
I have an HTML signature that includes linked text with a call to action, like, “Click here to see my work.” When relying to plain text messages, the signature is included but without the link. There should be an option for a plain text signature, or “Do not use in plain text.”
3 votes -
Patronizing updates
Proton just released a cosmetic update today in Mail without fixing Unread filter persistence. Nobody needed a new CSS theme. Please fix old bugs.
3 votes -
Calendar: Better Z axis layering of concurrent events
When several events start at the same time, then Proton Calendar has a nasty quirk: It narrows the event title columns to just 2-3 characters wide, making it hard to read the event names.
Please use Z axis layering. It's okay to stagger the events or use other collapsing techniques. Just don't narrow the title width so much.
4 votes -
"That idea has been deleted" - censorship without cause
Why create a user forum only to censor its ideas?
If it's obscene or totally irrelevant: yes, clear the spam.
If it is a legitimate idea, don't wipe it: decline it with brief explanation.This is a shocking find that dishonors proton integrity.
4 votes -
Lumo — Add a One-Click "Burn and Delete" Button for Messages to Enhance Privacy
As a privacy-focused AI service, Lumo aligns perfectly with Proton's commitment to security and user control. To further enhance this, I’d love to see a one-click "burn and delete" button for all messages, similar to what DuckAI offers. Currently, deleting messages requires navigating through settings and multiple clicks, which feels a bit cumbersome and slightly out of step with the privacy-first ethos.
This small feature would make it effortless to wipe message history instantly, reinforcing Lumo’s focus on user privacy and security.
6 votes
- Don't see your idea?