General Ideas
511 results found
-
photos stay on same page after moving photos to album
A more efficient way to label photos.
Current state: Select photos from All album --> Add to Album --> Redirect to label album --> Click Back to All album --> Scroll down to label remaining photos
Desired state: Select photos --> Add to Album --> Remain on All album
2 votes -
Mail Plus (Plus)
I think something is needed between Mail Plus and Unlimited. Proton offers to many features that I don't use for example while I still love the core concept.
I would love Mail Plus but need 3 custom domains. But nothing else that Unlimited offers. The constant upselling and adds brought me to Unlimited 2 years ago but i cannot excuse the price for me. I simply don't use anything else then Mail. I also think that the constant upselling really overshadows the core idea of privacy as I feel more and more pushed towards buying stuff I didn't create an…
2 votes -
Remove Proton Prefix from Applications to Make them Feel More Native
Remove proton prefix from application shortcut names to make them feel more native so they can serve as true replacements for standard applications [also it looks nicer :-)]
Proton Mail >>> Mail
Proton VPN >>> VPN
Proton Pass >>> Pass
Proton Meet >>> Meet
Proton Drive >>> Drive
Proton Wallet >>> Wallet
Proton Calendar >>> Calendar
Proton Authenticator >>> Authenticator2 votes -
Grouping by subject doesn't group well for purchase notifications
Currently, the email client either groups by subjects (and maybe the headers), or no grouping at all. I need my messages threaded (grouped), but it's problematic for purchase notifications. Although they're different conversations as each purchase is independent, they get grouped together because they share the same subject in ProtonMail.
We should have a third option to thread (or group) by the email message headers: in-reply-to and references.
2 votes -
Sheets: Text Rotation
A simple suggestion to add text rotation as one of the text formatting options in sheets. If you're like me, who uses lots of vertical labels, not having them anymore is more frustrating than I thought it would be!
6 votes -
Unified data export across all Proton apps
I've got Mail, Drive, Calendar and Pass now, and pulling my own data out of all of them at once is basically impossible - every app exports its own way, if it exports at all. At my day job I build data pipelines, and one thing that clicked for me was reading through this https://cobit-solutions.com/en/services/data-lake-consulting-services/ on how you land raw data from a bunch of different sources into one place first, then structure it. Something like that under the hood would let Proton give us a single "export everything" that actually works. Right now it feels like each app is…
3 votes -
Version française du mot "Archives" dans la version française de Proton Mail
La version français du dossier Archives en français est "Déplacer vers les archives", au lieu de tout simplement "Archives". Je vois pas pourquoi on ajoute le verbe Déplacer ici.
2 votes -
„persistent labels across replies/conversations“
It would be great if labels could be made more persistent and a little more intelligent.
For example, when I assign a colored label to an email and that person replies, it would be very helpful if the reply automatically kept the same label instead of the label simply disappearing from the new message.
It would also be great if Proton Mail could remember labels associated with a particular sender or contact. If I regularly assign the same label to emails from the same person or email address, new messages from that sender could automatically receive the same label by…
2 votes -
Please add "read later" to swipe actions on the Android App
Please add "read later" to swipe actions (delete, archive...) on the Android App.
In the Gmail App, this is one of my fav features and this is the only tool I would miss on the proton mail app.2 votes -
Add Proton Desktop Apps to Mac App Store
Please provide the existing Proton Desktop Apps (additionally to the DMG-Files available on the Proton-Websites) via Mac App Store - the current update process is really annoying.
3 votes -
Standard notes backup (Only if there were changes)
When your setting up your backups in standard notes it will backup regardless if you have even changed anything since the last backup. It should back up only if there are changes since the last backup.
2 votes -
Add SOME geometric, rounded web-safe font options to the composer (eg., Tw Century MT, Century Gothic, Comfortaa)...
Quicksand, Berlin Sans FB
The current font choices in the rich text editor lack modern, rounded geometric options with a single-story 'a'. To help business users match their corporate visual identities, please consider adding:Web-Safe System Fonts: Century Gothic, Tw Cen MT, or Berlin Sans FB (which require no external hosting).Open-Source Web Fonts: Comfortaa, Quicksand, or Be Vietnam Pro.Premium Style Toggles: Support for modern geometric structures found in professional branding fonts like Codec Pro, Coco Sharp, and Antipasto Pro.
2 votes -
A sorting tool (A-Z etc) for Proton Docs in text lists and also in tables.
Please create a tool so that if I have a list in a document I can alphabeticise it, also alphabeticise a table column
2 votes -
Sync too slow
I have ~700GB data on my drive. Syncing a new pc to keep everything locally takes days. and that with 1GBit/s internet. That's just way too slow.
4 votes -
Guest mode to the Windows desktop client
The Windows app requires account login before connecting, but in heavily censored regions like mainland China, the authentication request itself is blocked by the Great Firewall — making it impossible to log in without already having a VPN. This creates a deadlock: can't connect without logging in, can't log in without a connection. The Android app solves this with its "Continue as guest" mode, which skips authentication entirely. Please bring the same guest mode to the Windows desktop client, so users in restrictive network environments can at least establish a first connection without needing to authenticate against blocked servers.
2 votes -
[Proton Meet] Screen Sharing on Windows
For the Windows app, there are no screen sharing options that pop up, unlike in the browser (Brave, Edge) where I can choose to share a tab, my window or entire screen.
When you press the screen sharing button, your full screen is shared immediately.
5 votes -
Enhance Screen Reader Accessibility of Proton Web and Windows Apps
As a user who relies on screen reader technology to access technology, I have found that the Proton iOS apps are generally well designed for use with Apple's native screen reader, VoiceOver, but the same cannot be said of the web versions of their apps and especially the Windows apps, which are in some cases almost entirely inaccessible for screen reader users.
As a starting point, take what I imagine is your most popular core product, Proton VPN. The Proton VPN Windows app has numerous significant accessibility problems that make many basic features very hard to use and other features…8 votes -
Allow shared caledar to be set as primary
Currently a calendar shared with your account cannot be set as the default or primary calendar, so if you want to have a family calendar where everyone's events are added automatically, only the first user to create the calendar will have this functionality.
4 votes -
Privacy issues with Zendesk reports, need for improvement
Currently when using report a problem, A support ticket is created via Zendesk to my personal Proton Address.
I don't like sharing my Personal proton address with zendesk. I have been using it by giving it no one, literally no-one and utilize aliases (SL premium) on a full scale.
Give me an option to set a custom alias or generate a random one on demand as in SimpleLogin premium with which I can use to submit reports across all proton apps. This must be extended to others
To have true privacy I need to go through hoops in support page…
2 votes -
Show full folder path to folder when selecting to move an email
When choosing to move an email into a folder, the search filter will match, but it only shows the name of the folder, however it should show the full path (aka the parent folders) not just the leaf node.
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?