General Ideas
998 results found
-
decimal markers
It would be awesome to be able to chance decimal markers from period to comma as it is in my country. 90.93€ -> 90,93€ Dont wanna go through the effort of transfer yet. I will thou but only after this change happens.
37 votes -
Proton Docs Mobile and Desktop App
It would be nice if there would be an Proton Docs Mobile and Desktop App, because it is easier to work with an app as to open Proton Docs every time in the browser.
83 votes -
Signal
Click on Proton Contact info to open Signal or other encrypted messaging app to send texts/messages
Wondering if this is possible?9 votes -
New Product : Proton Backup
Back up Windows/macOS, iOS/Android, and cloud-to-cloud sources (incl. Proton Drive ).
End-to-end encryption, versioning, and incremental/deduplicated backups.
Scheduled and on-demand runs, with selective folders/app data.
Easy restore/migration across devices and providers.
Clear privacy model (zero-knowledge) and OAuth-based provider connections.
75 votes -
Memoboard
On the Mail interface, on the right side, where you can click on "Contacts" or "Calendar", you could ask a "Memoboard" button, so that we can add some notes while working and use them when necessary. I'm often working with Proton open, organizing mail or events, and I'd love to be able to keep some notes within easy reach.
2 votes -
Proton Meet background images
Provide background images beyond the blur option, as well as allow to upload and use custom images to hide background professionally
13 votes -
Package shipment tracker for ProtonMail
Feature Request: A package shipment tracker that detects tracking information in emails and automatically tracks shipments, sending update notifications to the user through a separate Proton Tracking app, similar to the Shop app (by Shopify). This would send notifications on iOS and Android phones alerting about when a package has shipped, when it has been delivered, when a shipping label was created, etc. And it would provide a map with updates when a package is enroute.
4 votes -
Secure messenger, chat, contacts and calendar on Proton (and Proton Drive)
Dear Proton Team,
First of all, I would like to congratulate everyone at Proton for the outstanding services you provide, not only to your community but also to the entire technology world. Over the past several years, I have come to see Proton as one of the most remarkable companies I have ever encountered, operating across multiple fields with a clear and inspiring mission: protecting users' privacy and digital freedom.
I know the challenges you face are not easy, especially in a world where censorship continues to grow in many different forms. At the same time, I also believe that…
8 votes -
Contact Application
I suggest that Proton develop a contact application similar to the Contact application that Apple has.
1,547 votes -
Proton Docs - Allow page style formatting ON/OFF
It is great to have free formatting for note taking, but for document collaboration in the context of a company or even just because some documents have to be printed, it would be crucial to enable ON/OFF page formatting and navigation in Proton Docs. Provide few popular option for page size format (A4, A3, and US equivalent e.g. Letter, etc.) and allow for Portrait or Landscape display.
Future features this could later enable (not the object of this request):
* Page numbering.
* Header/Footer for official company document templates.
* Enabling a PPT/Slide style formatting in Proton Docs if A3…24 votes -
Proton TV — Privacy-First Streaming Platform
I'd like to propose Proton TV — a Netflix-like streaming service built on Proton's privacy-first principles.
WHAT IT IS:
A dedicated platform for movies and series that prioritizes user privacy. No tracking, no cookies, no behavioral profiling. Your viewing habits stay private, even from Proton servers.HOW TO ACCESS:
1. Paid Subscription — Standard monthly or yearly plan
2. Task-Based Free Access — Complete tasks assigned by Proton (security surveys, community feedback, bug reports) to earn 2-3 free movie/stream credits per dayKEY FEATURES:
- End-to-end encryption for all viewing data
- No user tracking or advertising profiling
- Payment…5 votes -
Log into Standard Notes with Proton Account
Single sign-on is already available for SimpleLogin - it would be great if it is available for Standard Notes as well.
938 votes -
Allow to download full albums from Proton Drive (Photos)
I want to download all of my albums from Proton Drive (Photos) web interface to my laptop - but I can't find a way. I need to open each album manually, and click download - which takes a long time. Would be great to be able to checkmark individual albums from the album view, and allow actions like download, delete, etc.
11 votes -
Break page in Proton Doc
I'd like to suggest a break page in Proton Doc.
There isn't break page option, I red in some websites that I could do it with ctrl+enter but it doesn't work.47 votes -
[Meet] Create Ability to Record Meeting and Save to Proton Drive
Would love to get more people using Proton Meet with me since it's end to end encrypted versus zoom. However, many people won't make the jump since they require the ability to record and save a meeting i.e. for absent attendees.
31 votes -
Unified Proton eSIM & VoIP Feature
As a fairly new Proton user (Mail, Calendar, Drive, VPN, and Proton Pass), I’m writing to share a feature request that I believe could meaningfully expand Proton’s value proposition for professionals like myself who live and work internationally.
Proton already powers my email, cloud, VPN, and password management. The next logical step would be to consolidate communication and connectivity tools under the same privacy-first roof.
🔧 Feature Requests
Proton eSIM with Global or Regional Data Plans
• Privacy-first, encrypted mobile data with regional bundles (UK/EU, US/Canada, Asia-Pacific) and global roaming options
• Ideal for digital nomads and remote-first professionals
•…
27 votes -
Proton Messages
When I try to replace my texting app with a FOSS version, I lose some of what I would say are critical features, attaching large files, like/reacts to messages, control over notifications. The dealbreaker to me here is the ability to attch large files. But maybe there's also a way to send encrypted messages using SMS/MMS/RCS?
I'd like a texting app the works over SMS/MMS/RCS and uses proton drive to attach files similar to how Google Messages uses Google Drive to attach files.
The links would need to be public links since its not sent over secure servers, but you…
66 votes -
Page printer view in Docs
For the love of god. Docs are virtually unusable to professionals in their current form. I will request this ONE tiny thing so it doesn't get declined, but seriously, Docs has a LONG way to go before the masses will join Proton. At the very least, please show us the actual page so we can see how it will print.
5 votes -
lumo - access camera / upload photo
I want to take a photo with my camera directly from Lumo, so it gets uploaded directly to Lumo and not saved to my image gallery.
78 votes -
Proton User Voice Staff and Moderation
Can we please have two things in the User Voice for Proton:
1) Can some member of staff actually go through the "ideas" and "label" them so that new users know what is already on the future list and what is denied,
2) Can the User Voice threads be moderated and can spammers be removed and their spam deleted? I am tired of getting multiple notifications per day "on topics I follow" and its SPAM....I got over 20 this morning and most of them were the same idiot on the same thread that posted like a dozen posts in 1…
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?