General Ideas
1515 results found
-
Landscape mode for Proton Calendar
Please add landscape mode for Proton Calendar. For tablet users, this is vital. For a calendar, landscape mode makes it much easier to see all events. In horizontal mode, many events are being squeezed on screen and not shown. It is very annoying having to constantly change the direction of one's tablet, when multitasking between the calendar and other apps.
Other Proton apps already have horizontal mode and it works great.
43 votes -
Proton Meet background images
Provide background images beyond the blur option, as well as allow to upload and use custom images to hide background professionally
13 votes -
Package shipment tracker for ProtonMail
Feature Request: A package shipment tracker that detects tracking information in emails and automatically tracks shipments, sending update notifications to the user through a separate Proton Tracking app, similar to the Shop app (by Shopify). This would send notifications on iOS and Android phones alerting about when a package has shipped, when it has been delivered, when a shipping label was created, etc. And it would provide a map with updates when a package is enroute.
4 votes -
Proton Docs - Allow page style formatting ON/OFF
It is great to have free formatting for note taking, but for document collaboration in the context of a company or even just because some documents have to be printed, it would be crucial to enable ON/OFF page formatting and navigation in Proton Docs. Provide few popular option for page size format (A4, A3, and US equivalent e.g. Letter, etc.) and allow for Portrait or Landscape display.
Future features this could later enable (not the object of this request):
* Page numbering.
* Header/Footer for official company document templates.
* Enabling a PPT/Slide style formatting in Proton Docs if A3…25 votes -
Secure messenger, chat, contacts and calendar on Proton (and Proton Drive)
Dear Proton Team,
First of all, I would like to congratulate everyone at Proton for the outstanding services you provide, not only to your community but also to the entire technology world. Over the past several years, I have come to see Proton as one of the most remarkable companies I have ever encountered, operating across multiple fields with a clear and inspiring mission: protecting users' privacy and digital freedom.
I know the challenges you face are not easy, especially in a world where censorship continues to grow in many different forms. At the same time, I also believe that…
8 votes -
Contact Application
I suggest that Proton develop a contact application similar to the Contact application that Apple has.
1,547 votes -
Proton TV — Privacy-First Streaming Platform
I'd like to propose Proton TV — a Netflix-like streaming service built on Proton's privacy-first principles.
WHAT IT IS:
A dedicated platform for movies and series that prioritizes user privacy. No tracking, no cookies, no behavioral profiling. Your viewing habits stay private, even from Proton servers.HOW TO ACCESS:
1. Paid Subscription — Standard monthly or yearly plan
2. Task-Based Free Access — Complete tasks assigned by Proton (security surveys, community feedback, bug reports) to earn 2-3 free movie/stream credits per dayKEY FEATURES:
- End-to-end encryption for all viewing data
- No user tracking or advertising profiling
- Payment…5 votes -
Log into Standard Notes with Proton Account
Single sign-on is already available for SimpleLogin - it would be great if it is available for Standard Notes as well.
937 votes -
[Meet] Create Ability to Record Meeting and Save to Proton Drive
Would love to get more people using Proton Meet with me since it's end to end encrypted versus zoom. However, many people won't make the jump since they require the ability to record and save a meeting i.e. for absent attendees.
32 votes -
Allow to download full albums from Proton Drive (Photos)
I want to download all of my albums from Proton Drive (Photos) web interface to my laptop - but I can't find a way. I need to open each album manually, and click download - which takes a long time. Would be great to be able to checkmark individual albums from the album view, and allow actions like download, delete, etc.
11 votes -
Paying users should get an automatic uservoice account
Users who pay for your service are your primary source of truth for product feedback, and should therefore automatically have access to the uservoice website. It's strange that i had to confirm my proton email to add feedback about the proton product
103 votes -
Break page in Proton Doc
I'd like to suggest a break page in Proton Doc.
There isn't break page option, I red in some websites that I could do it with ctrl+enter but it doesn't work.47 votes -
Delete only future events of repeating calendar event
At present it is possible to delete either "all events" or "this specific event" in a repeating (e.g. weekly) event. I miss very much the option to delete all "future events" in a repeating event in order to keep the history of past events.
104 votes -
More advanced mail search
The current Proton mail search is barely usable, even on web with the advanced search options. iOS app is worse.
A few features in my mind:
Multi-word search string — e.g.
"my order"so every hit must match both words in that order, to avoid getting a lot of false hits that mention both "my" and "order" in different parts of the subject.Search by subject only — currently I can only search by sender only, or recipient only, but not, but I get lots of false hits if the term I am searching is a common email address. Try…
84 votes -
Unified Proton eSIM & VoIP Feature
As a fairly new Proton user (Mail, Calendar, Drive, VPN, and Proton Pass), I’m writing to share a feature request that I believe could meaningfully expand Proton’s value proposition for professionals like myself who live and work internationally.
Proton already powers my email, cloud, VPN, and password management. The next logical step would be to consolidate communication and connectivity tools under the same privacy-first roof.
🔧 Feature Requests
Proton eSIM with Global or Regional Data Plans
• Privacy-first, encrypted mobile data with regional bundles (UK/EU, US/Canada, Asia-Pacific) and global roaming options
• Ideal for digital nomads and remote-first professionals
•…
27 votes -
Proton Messages
When I try to replace my texting app with a FOSS version, I lose some of what I would say are critical features, attaching large files, like/reacts to messages, control over notifications. The dealbreaker to me here is the ability to attch large files. But maybe there's also a way to send encrypted messages using SMS/MMS/RCS?
I'd like a texting app the works over SMS/MMS/RCS and uses proton drive to attach files similar to how Google Messages uses Google Drive to attach files.
The links would need to be public links since its not sent over secure servers, but you…
65 votes -
Page printer view in Docs
For the love of god. Docs are virtually unusable to professionals in their current form. I will request this ONE tiny thing so it doesn't get declined, but seriously, Docs has a LONG way to go before the masses will join Proton. At the very least, please show us the actual page so we can see how it will print.
5 votes -
Proton Meet - HD Video, Stereo Audio, plus pin speaker option
Proton Meet - HD Video, High Resolution (Original Sound) Stereo Audio, plus pin speaker option
Please make Proton meet available with the option for HD video (which can also be recorded in HD), and high resolution audio, for sharing music in stereo
Also the ability to pin a speaker so the recording shows only that speaker
Essentially, the ability to share and record meetings with good quality video and audio (like with Zoom, which I'd love to stop using, if there is an alternative with these features)
Thank you!!!
6 votes -
Subject: Trust is Broken: Ignoring Customers Who Ask for Honesty
Hi Proton Team,
I am writing this as a paying customer (Unlimited + Lumo+) who believes in the mission of Proton. But right now, that belief is being tested by a pattern of behavior that is deeply damaging to the one thing Proton claims to value most: Trust.
The Pattern of Dismissal Every time a customer asks a simple, honest question—"Where is the server-side open source code?" or "Why doesn't the personalization feature work?"—they are met with silence, deflection, or the implication that they are the ones who misunderstood.
Customers are treated as if it is their fault for believing:
…11 votes -
lumo - access camera / upload photo
I want to take a photo with my camera directly from Lumo, so it gets uploaded directly to Lumo and not saved to my image gallery.
78 votes
- Don't see your idea?