Proton Mail & Calendar
2272 results found
-
Self Destruct improvement - set number of days
The problem:
Since there is no mass self destruct option, it has to be done one by one, and setting a date and time value for each mail can be a hassle.A possible solution:
An option to set self destruct by number of days (possibly hours) would be a huge but easy improvement.If the UI remembered the last used day (or hour) value, it would be even better.
2 votes -
Synchronise Proton contacts with mobile phone contacts
I think it would be really useful if you could synchronise Proton contacts from all Proton apps with the contacts on your mobile phone. And in both directions: so that I have all the contacts from my mobile phone on Proton, and all the contacts from Proton on my mobile phone. That way, I wouldn’t have to back up my contacts to iCloud, for example, and could back them up securely in Proton. But at the same time, I’d still have the contacts stored locally on my mobile phone so that I could easily use them for all messaging apps…
7 votes -
Make the iOS calendar app much faster.
Every time I open the calendar app on my iPhone, it takes several seconds before my appointments are visible. Also, when I want to look ahead, say, a month, I often have to count to five before I can see all the appointments for that day. Switching back and forth between days gets really annoying over time.
So it would be great if the app could load appointments faster!
3 votes -
How about the "export tool doesn't have a trojan in it?"
I've been trying to back up my emails using the ludicrous command line "export tool" and it's just tried to infect my computer with this fancy little fellow. I have all the screenshots. I waited up over 40 minutes in the hope that it might actually work this time and then BitDefender threw a complete wobbly. Any chance we can have a real way of downloading our emails, please?
https://howtofix.guide/trojan_js_redirector/
Infected item detected
23 minutes agoFeature:
AntivirusThe file D:\Downloads\proton-mail-export-cli-windowsx8664(2)\wetbuzzard@pm.me\mail20260828000047\temp\export-tool-676166506=>[Subject: hello][Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:13:52 +0530]=>62975doc.html=>(JAVASCRIPT 2) is infected with Trojan.JS.Redirector.JM and…
2 votes -
Please make Contacts a separate app from Proton Mail so that I can access it directly from the Proton "Welcome" screen or app pull-down list
Please make Contacts a separate app from Proton Mail so that I can access it directly from the Proton "Welcome" screen or app pull-down list. It's a waste of time to have to open Proton Mail in order to work solely with Contacts. Your consideration would be most appreciated.
6 votes -
Email List Archive
Users select authorized email subscription lists and assign a retention policy to them (quantity or age). Only messages that meet the requirements, for that email list identification (sender, directly addressed, subject, size, and combination thereof), are maintained in the mailbox and the rest are automatically deleted. This helps reduce clutter and consumption. ideally it is run on the server side on receipt but it could be a client side rule or even folders with rules or a combination of the client side rule and a folder retention policy..
3 votes -
Clicking the unread email count does not filter the message list
The Windows Mail app displays the number of unread emails, but clicking this number does nothing. Users must manually enable the unread filter, which is less convenient.
Steps to reproduce:
-Open a mailbox that contains unread emails.
-Click the displayed unread email count.Expected behavior:
The message list is filtered to show only unread emails.Actual behavior:
Nothing happens when the unread email count is clicked.4 votes -
Quick-add sender to existing filter rules from inbox/message view via groups
Currently, managing multiple senders for a single filter rule is tedious. Using groups in filters can solve this. This would save significant time for power users managing multiple sender rules.
Use Case: I have a folder named "Travel" with a filter that moves all emails from expedia.com. Today, I receive an important email from a specific airline.
…Current Workflow: I see the email → Click three dots → Search for filter settings → Navigate to Settings → Open Filters → Find "Travel" rule → Edit Condition → Add special-airlines.com → Save. Proposed Workflow: I see the email → Right-click sender5 votes -
Alphabetical sorting of folders and subfolders in Proton Mail
Dear,
In today's information-saturated world, the ability to sort folders and subfolders manually or automatically is essential.
Could you please implement this feature in Proton Mail?3 votes -
Always On "Unread" Filter
Hello,
I have rules set up to move incoming emails to different folders.
The ‘unread’ filter on iOS used to stay active in your version 6 (I think).
I’d switch from the inbox to other folders and the ‘unread’ emails would still be there.Since version 7, I have to manually reactivate the filter every time I switch between folders or return to the inbox.
The user experience is rather poor.Would it be possible to restore the ‘unread’ filter so that it remains active when switching between folders?
Thank you in advance for considering this.
4 votes -
Useless for a desktop user - Can't be used offline
What a letdown when you discover that your desktop app is nothing more than a copy of your website. That you can't make it so that you can check your existing emails and calendar offline is so bad that I can't find words. Then you really should have clear information that your app is only a copy of your website and cannot be used offline.
3 votes -
Change calendar email
Proton Calendars can linked to either the default Proton email address or to one alias, but this setting cannot be changed afterwards.
Please allow the editing of the linked email address when editing the calendar settings.6 votes -
Support Email Security Gateways (ESG) the way Google and Microsoft do
Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 already support ESG on incoming and outgoing emails for years. More users and organizations are required to run a gateway nowadays.
What BOTH Google and Microsoft already provide:
1. Declare your gateway IPs as a trusted source.
2. Detect the last hop prior to the gateway (finding the real sender IP).
3. Reject anything that did not come through the gateway IPs.
4. Enforce TLS on the connection from the gateway.
5. Support routing outgoing emails through the gateway.I hope Proton can add support for these 5 features first. Thank you.
3 votes -
Why can't labels and folders have the same name?
Folders and labels have a different function and are stored separately. I might want to label emails and use a folder with the same name for the respective functionalities. It doesn't seem logical that they can't have the same name.
It's clear that I can add e.g. a prefix to one of these, but it's messy.
8 votes -
Allow mail filter rules to supercede spam rules
Currently received emails still arrive in Spam, even if there is a rule to delete them. This results in a cluttered Spam box. And Spam is something you need to check every few days to see if important emails were miscategorized.
Add a checkbox to mail filter rule settings that says it supercedes spam priority to prevent this problem. Gmail correctly does the mail filter rule check BEFORE the spam check, so emails arrive in the right place always.
5 votes -
Rubbish bin for calendar entries
A rubbish bin where all deleted calendar entries go.
3 votes -
Route calendar invitations to the calendar associated with the recipient address
Route calendar invitations to the calendar associated with the recipient address
Currently, all incoming calendar invitations are added to the default calendar, regardless of which email address they were sent to.
Requested behaviour: Allow users to configure, per email address, which calendar should receive invitations sent to that address. This setting should live at the mailbox/identity level (e.g. in account settings under each address).
Use case: A user with a personal address (e.g. user@proton.me) and a custom-domain business address maintains separate personal and work calendars. Invitations sent to the personal address should land in the personal calendar; invitations sent…4 votes -
customizable toolbar over emails
customize which functions appear on the toolbar at the top of received emails in Proton Mail. I should be able to choose which tool is more important for my needs. You would think that the print option should be visible and a redo or undo too as well. Labels and filters should be secondary and hidden instead.
5 votes -
Calendar: "Disable" instead of cancelling an event
Currently, the user is only able to delete an event in case it is cancelled. In such a case, the information about the canceled event is permanently lost.
Instead, I as a user would like to have an option to cancel or disable an event, but to keep in my calendar marked for instance by a strikethrough label. The disabled event might be deleted later.
Thus, the canceled event may remember the user of any further or future action or task.
7 votes -
Android App parity with web app - Especially for Email formatting (Bold, Colours, Underline etc)
I use the Android app for emails on both my Android phone and tablet. But I can't even put text in bold or use basic email formatting functionality. I have to log into the web browser to do that.
I also can't view emails or calendar horizontally. And have to log into the apps vertically too.
These are basic UI and functionality issues that need to be resolved before further enhancements.
Email templates would be ideal too.
31 votes
- Don't see your idea?