Lumo
617 results found
-
Lumo doesn't know it's a cat!
I asked Lumo if it was a cat and it denied outright that it was a purple cat. Poor Lumo.
75 votes -
move Lumo chat history into Lumo projects
I've noticed that often my chats will all be about the same or a closely related subject (I chat on whichever device I have to hand at the moment). It would be nice to be able to move these chat histories into a new or existing project to keep them grouped together.
Alternately, some kind of folder structure for the chat histories would work for me as well.7 votes -
Coding Assistant (plugin or CLI)
I would like to use Lumo as my coding assistant like GitHub Copilot (Intellij, VS Code plugin and/or CLI)
This would be very helpful for my usage. I am currently juggling Claude Code, GitHub Copilot (CLI and plugins), WindSurf, and Jetbrains AI. But, I would like to settle on a single more privacy focused one, if it is competent (esp. Kotlin, C#, Rust, Zig).
15 votes -
save transcript as pdf
I've come to appreciate the capabilities of online research using your AI assistant Lumo and use it quite often and also find some of the resulting conversations interesting enough to save.
However, the format produced by copying the transcript to the clipboard is rather unattractive, which is why I ultimately then ask Lumo to output the text again in Markdown format so I can then convert it to finally to pdf.
It would be very helpful if Lumo also offered a button to perform these operations automatically and make the resulting file available for download.
20 votes -
Lumo needs access to the current date and time
Having access to the exact current date and time is important for certain tasks. Lumo is able to retrieve the date from its context, but not the time. And it is unable to confirm the date timezone (I assume it is UTC). A tool to fetch the current date and time, and optionally to specify the timezone for which the date and time is requested, would be a helpful feature.
7 votes -
Allow Reordering of Projects
Currently, the five most recently created projects are listed under the Project section; however, these may not be the most frequently used. It would be great if we could rearrange them to allow easy access to favorite projects.
18 votes -
Guided Learning
I would like to have a feature to set Lumo into "Guided Learning Mode", where the LLM would act like a mentor, instead of just giving the whole answer to you.
It should behave similar to how Gemini has implemented "Guided Learning", where it tries to give open ended questions based on the question asked.
I think this would be good for students or anyone that is learning new concepts, but don't want it to feed you the whole answer to you, almost like your own personal mentor/lecturer.
77 votes -
Lumo App (Android) cannot be locked
If you log in with your proton acount in Lumo, you have immediat access to all your account and keys via browser when selecting Settings under the account tab. If you cannot lock the app woth Biometrics or at least a pin, that a clear security issue.
I immediately signed out when I saw this..
Please fix it.
82 votes -
Increase Lumo context window
Hello
Currently lumo context window is too small 3k token on the fast model and 13k token on the deep think model
ChatGPT perplexity and all other AI company their big model hold up to 130k token
Im having problem with long complex conversation where lumo forget stuff too fast forcing me to repeat or to re paste tons of data leading to a frustrating experience feel like talking to a dementia person ....
48 votes -
Make custom Lumos available inside Lumo Projects
Leveraging existing conversation context can be really helpful when a conversation gets long and needs compression/clarification or if a spin-off conversation should be created to keep things clean. To do this, I can ask Lumo to write that new conversation starter entry. Since this request is about the same wording each time, the new custom Lumo feature lets me save this wording for quick reuse. Sadly, this option is currently unavailable in Lumo projects.
9 votes -
Stop automatic scrolling when generating long answers.
When Lumo generates long answers (longer than page height in browser), it starts automatically scrolling down to keep up with the generated text. It would be better if the view does not automatically scroll down, so that I am able to read the answer from the beginning without having manually to scroll back up.
Browser used: Brave
8 votes -
Let me start reading before Lumo finish its writing
I know this affect only few seconds but it is frustrating to try reading and the window scrolls down because Lumo is writing. Lumo shouldn't need the focus to write but I need the focus to red.
9 votes -
Tag organization for Lumo chats
It would be useful to be able to organize chats via tags.
The user could tag chats with multiple tags such as #job, #recipes, #travel and then could see all the chats with those tags.
Lumo could even auto-tag chats too - that'd be super neat if possible!
17 votes -
Auto-scroll the view to the answer
After generating each answer, automatically scroll down a bit to show the start of the answer. This will save the user from having to scroll down every time to start reading.
71 votes -
Implementation of sorting options for Projects, Chats within Projects and additional sorting options for All Chats in Lumo (alphabetical as
Thank you to the Lumo team for building and continuing to improve upon such an easy-to-use privacy-respecting assistant, and for Projects in particular, which have become central to how I organise ongoing work.
I would love to see additional sorting options for the Projects list, the Chats within the Projects themselves, and All Chats that have not been assigned to Projects. If possible, these could include:
- Alphabetical order (ascending and descending).
- Manual reordering via drag and drop.
- Retaining the current 'Last updated' and 'Date created' sorting defaults in All Chats for those who prefer them, and adding…5 votes -
Bring Lumo’s core training knowledge database up to date. Currently ends April 2024!!
Lumo does not have any knowledge of anything past April 2024, over 2 years ago.
This has been causing issues with it usually saying it just doesn’t know or in the case of me asking about upgrading my graphics card it recommended an RTX4070 and when I asked why not a 5000 series it told me they weren’t released yet. When I stated that they had been released Lumo doubled down. Even after I provided a link to a large Australian multi store company with various rtx50xx for sale Lumo again stated they hadn’t been released, and if someone was…
9 votes -
Lumo + Kagi Search API
Lumo and Kagi search seem a natural fit - Lumo using the Kagi API for search.
11 votes -
You should add a petting or booping animation for Lumo's avatar that's a fun easter egg and it's wasted potential to make this mascot and no
You should add a petting or booping animation for Lumo's avatar that's a fun easter egg and it's wasted potential to make this mascot and not being able to do so!
10 votes -
Conversation tree to help navigate current chat
In a single chat, it's common to ask follow up questions, or clarifications, and sometimes related but slightly different angles, and chats can become long and convoluted. I frequently scroll back in a chat looking for details in a previous answer. Navigation would be much easier if each chat showed a tree in the sidebar that lists each question I asked in the current chat. (This would also be quite useful if I come back to review the chat at a later date.)
7 votes -
Option to change ghost mode chat back to normal chat to be saved
Sometimes I started a chat in ghost mode, but changed my mind and would like to save it. This is currently not possible, so a button to revert ghost mode chat to normal chat would be nice.
12 votes
- Don't see your idea?