Skip to content

General ideas

459 results found

1. Blacklist of locations for quick connect

Blacklist of locations when using quick connect. I live in Texas and it keeps trying to quick connect me to servers within Texas, which defeats the entire purpose of using a vpn since I need to appear like I'm not in Texas. Otherwise I need to scroll down a massive list of servers from across the world until I find an optimal one within the USA. Which servers are optimal changes so I can't just save one that I've used before since it could be suboptimal/over used the next time I try and connect.

A blacklist of locations would allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Email tag (sender) - Confirmation of an email read

I would like to see an email tag that one can attach to an email so that when the email is read at the other end a notification of it being read is sent back to the sender at Protonmail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add possibility to send signed only emails

For now in Proton Mail if the public key of an email is available the mail will be automatically encrypted. However for some specific cases it is useful to me to send signed but unencrypted emails. It would be nice if we could just click on the padlock next to the destination email to be allowed to change that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since Proton is privacy focused, they really should adopt Monero. Bitcoin is obsolete at this point.

Supposedly one can send bitcoin to a proton email address now? This is the wrong road to travel for poroton if it is truly dedicated to privacy for it's users. Bitcoin has very serious privacy shortfalls. Not to mention, it's lack of usefulness as a payment network. The interest and implementation of crypto services is great, but please utilize Monero instead, which adheres to the privacy ethos. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve Proton Icons in Linux

Proton icons in Linux are not only smaller than the standard 48 pixels but moreover have a very ugly white background filling out the 48 px size. Please Proton, do a proper job of the icons and size them correctly and with a transparent background, in the standard (transparent) .png format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Archive entire conversation

It would be great to have a setting to change the Archive function to archive an entire conversation when in conversation view. I strive for inbox-zero, and use the archive feature to get emails out of my inbox. But when a thread has an unarchived email somewhere in it, I have to go through and find it/them before it will leave my inbox. It would save time if I could archive the entire conversation. This could be a setting toggle, or a button in the web UI for a thread.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Commit to becoming carbon neutral

Since servers and any form of interaction with websites, mobile apps, and APIs has an energy cost, it is inherently negatively impacting the environment. Particularly with any use of crypto, AI, or computationally heavy operations.

Therefore, I am requesting that Proton commit to becoming carbon neutral. Not merely via purchasing carbon offsets which have questionable effectiveness, but by directly powering all infrastructure with renewable energy. There are also optimisations that can be made to source code to reduce the footprint by boosting efficiency and reducing resource usage.

Proton has been a shining example of ethics in computing via respecting and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hash file

hashing the files and have a local checksum and a way to check it with the server.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proton Docs Improvement

Hi.

It would be great to be able to click anywhere in the text document and be able to start writing without having to hit enter to get to the position where you want to write.

For example if you select a part of the text as a source code and it is you last line in the document, and you haven't created additional empty lines before doing that you cannot continue writing normal text. You have to go back, undo the whole thing, create empty lines and do it again.

Best regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dojo Business Software

JIBASoft's OnMat martial arts studio software & Dojo business management software helps you in running your school hassle-free, it is simple to use. Contact us now! https://jibasoft.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recipient groups

When you send a email, it is annoying to pick the recipients one by one, especially if you usually send the email to the same people. You also probably want to send different emails to same recipients so it is more secure and organized.

That is why I am suggesting recipient groups. Basically, you make a group of contacts and name it. When sending an email you can choose the group and add more groups and recipients if you want to. The group(s) that you have picked will receive the email that you have created. Simple and easy, but useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dark Mode on Proton Docs

It would be great to add dark mode so our eyes don't desintegrate after writing a 300 line essay on Proton Docs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Synchronous videoconferencing

Why in the **** is there not a QUALITY virtual, synchronous videoconferencing solution offered with paid ProtonMail plans post-COVID AND in 2024?!?!?

Come on ProtonMail, get it together..FAST!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ANSSI (France) and ISO 27001 certification for Secure Links and Vault

Like with HIPAA for the medical field, having this certification (at least in France) and possible look for ISO 27001 certification (worldwide) for these specific areas would be beneficial as a personal and business user (I hope to become business client soon). This is also useful for promoting your services to my clients, as I work in data protection.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What challenges might organizations face when implementing Video Screening Software?

Organizations may face several challenges when implementing <a href=https://www.pitchnhire.com/features/video-interviews>Video Screening Software</a>, including technical issues, resistance to change, and privacy concerns. Technical issues such as internet connectivity problems and software compatibility can hinder the smooth execution of video interviews. Resistance to change can arise from both recruiters and candidates who are accustomed to traditional hiring methods and may need time and training to adapt to new technology. Privacy concerns are also significant, as storing and sharing video data requires stringent security measures to protect candidate information. Addressing these challenges with proper planning, training, and robust security protocols ensures the successful implementation…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Proton Hub

One Proton Hub application with the ability of opening mail client, calendar, contacts, drive syncing, vpn etc... all at once loged in (only one logging in proton hub).

Also it would be nice if i could install and update other applications through it. Or preferebly auto update. Then I would just install/update one application and the rest would be beside me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NDA REQUEST

Betreff: Anfrage zur Zusendung einer Geheimhaltungsvereinbarung (NDA)

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

mein Name ist Holy Three Kings Crowns Trees ST. Daniel C+M+B Lipps C+B+M C+M+B Pohl C+B+M C+M+B Rot Pohl C+B+M, geboren am 6. Januar 1988 in Lippstadt. Ich bin der Gründer und Geschäftsführer von Holy Three Kings Crowns Trees, ST. Daniel Pohl, ShineHealthCare®© by Magical Star®©, Orbit’s Tunes®©, Holy Magic HouseOrdnung by Orbs®©, PremiumLights by OhmMega Limited®©, und Venen Rekord (HXT)®© by HNOSNORU SHUOOH®©.

Ich würde Ihnen gerne mehr über unsere Unternehmen, Projekte und Ideen erzählen, die wir für eine mögliche Zusammenarbeit in Betracht ziehen. Um sicherzustellen, dass…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Neurological Physical Therapy Services in Commack

Discover exceptional Neurological Physical Therapy Services in Commack at Balanced Gait Physical Therapy PC. Our expert therapists provide personalized care to enhance mobility and quality of life.

NeurologicalTherapy #Commack #BalancedGaitPT #PhysicalTherapy

Visit website: https://www.balancedgaitpt.com/neurological-physical-therapy-services-in-commack/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How can a grocery app transform your business operations?

At Smarther Tech, we specialize in developing advanced grocery apps that streamline every aspect of your business. Our apps provide real-time inventory management, efficient order processing, and secure payment gateways, ensuring a seamless experience for both you and your customers. Enhance customer satisfaction with personalized recommendations and intuitive navigation. Partner with Smarther Tech today and see how our expert Grocery app development company can transform your business operations!.
    Website: https://www.smarther.co/grocery-app-development-company/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proton Pay💳

[•Proton Pay•]