All-In-One Proton Desktop App
• Proton Privacy Cryptocurrency (using a Proof-of-stake mechanism if users Stake a certain amount then services provided are free)
• Proton Mail
• Proton Wallet
• Proton Data Storage
• Proton VPN
• Proton encrypted chat
• Proton Decentralised Exchange
• Proton Decentralised Marketplace(eBay type)
• Proton Social (Facebook type, private/public)
• Proton Video (YouTube type, paid in Proton Cryptocurrency for content creation/views)
There are now millions of unsecure privacy invasive App's, kill thousands of birds with one stone, the Proton All-in-one DApp :)
But I would only want one app with the services listed below.
- Proton Mail (allow to use with other Mail services)
- Proton Calendar
- Proton Drive
- Proton VPN
The Proton Pass service should get a separate app.
Also, the app should be available on Windows, Mac and Linux.
KAMPANAT THUMWONG commented
Joachim VH commented
I had prepared a text. I see that someone else has already submitted an item with this proposal. I would like to add what I have prepared
overview current situation
When working on a laptop and PC, it is not so obvious to always have to work in a browser for the applications of Proton AG. Moreover, for many specific aspects “solutions” have to be devised or there are no solutions at all.
• You have developed Bridge, which is a separate “solution”. What separate solutions will you come up with? How much 'hassle' is involved for the end user?
• You do not offer a (good) solution to share the contacts with other apps on the same device
• You can integrate e-mail in thunderbird/Postbox/outlook/Apple. mail. However, this is a hassle and less obvious for people who are less comfortable with IT. Could we turn this around? Elaborated suggestion below.
• in other suggestions I note that it is important for some people to be able to access the data even when they are offline. example: internet connection fails due to breakdown or maintenance work - almost everyone ends up in this situation at some point, right?
• You have already indicated that you are considering developing a local application for the calendar. This is a nice suggestion and initiative, maybe my proposal can bundle a number of things in that direction?
• several apps have already been developed by Proton AG. I'm making a proposal below, there are still proposals launched in this forum. Want to avoid a disorder of apps and solutions?
• Today, data synchronization between fixed and mobile devices is a reality. Proton AG is doing very well, although there is room for some improvement, especially with regard to the contacts.
• I do not use and have no interest in VPN, in that sense I cannot complete my suggestion. Others may be able to.
I find it striking that the products produced by Proton AG are pleasant/jovial and quiet to work in. This provides your services with a great opportunity. Did you know that? May I invite you to further exploit this added value in the following suggestion?
In order to invite you to do so, I would like to make the following proposal:
• develop an all-in-one application for laptop and PC (windows, mac, linux)
◦ to avoid having to develop different applications for the different applications, which can make your offer confusing
▪ You can be inspired by Thunderbird for many aspects, but also Postbox (www.postbox-inc.com)
▪ use of proton.me addresses as well as use of other domains which are immediately processed encrypted
◦ Calendar / Agenda
◦ Address Book / Contacts. Replaces the contacts application of the laptop/pc, other applications can use these contacts
▪ Add/remove files
▪ Links to share with password
▪ Automatic backup of selected folders in the background
Many of your competitors offer this option, I don't need to name them, they are known to you.
◦ Offer an option where the data is available offline: everyone sometimes finds themselves in a situation where they are offline due to sudden circumstances
◦ Bridge is omitted because it will be integrated in this all-in-one solution
◦ I am convinced that your helpdesk will be consulted much, much less as this all in one application will answer many questions automatically. The investment in developing an all-in-one application will pay for itself quickly.
◦ Following the solutions that are already available, Proton AG has the competences to develop such an application into a warm, pleasant, quiet and visually attractive solution. Who dares to doubt that???
• For the mobile devices. Here the reasoning is reversed: individual apps
◦ Separate Contacts app that replaces the default Contacts app.
▪ From that app, contacts can not only be reached via the apps of Proton AG.
▪ Calls and video calls can also be started from that app.
▪ Automatic caller ID for an incoming call
To round off
Objective n° 1 of Proton AG is privacy (and security). My suggestion does not detract from this.
May I invite proton AG to add an Objective n° 2? “Working in a pleasant/jovial and quiet environment”.
It is precisely this last aspect, which is already present to a large extent, that, together with your first objective, convinced me to get started with your products. I bought a two-year subscription. Be motivated to get started within Proton AG with what was just handed to you in the above suggestions. Doing!
I have prepared this text in Dutch and translated it into English with google translate. I don't yet know of a better solution than Google for translations.
You know, killing just *one* bird with a stone is hard enough already.
The application which will provide mail and VPN services, at first.
All-in-one app that will be expanded when needed (ProtonCloud, ProtonChat, ProtonEtc)
Mac & Linux & Win.