General Ideas
511 results found
-
Send Email As Group
Send Email As Group:The ability for authorized members of a Proton Mail Group to send emails as the group. Currently Proton Mail Groups support the receiving of emails through the group email alias but not the sending of mails as the group alias. This feature exists, by contrast, in the analogous Google Workspace group feature.
18 votes -
Shared Android Account Authentication Across Proton Apps
Implement unified account authentication across Proton's Android apps, similar to Google and Yandex ecosystems. Once a user signs in to one Proton app, that account should be available for other Proton apps on the same device without requiring repeated manual login.
Description:
Currently, Proton apps on Android require separate sign-in for each app, even when the user is logging into the same Proton account. This creates unnecessary friction. If a user is already authenticated in Proton Mail, apps like Proton VPN or Proton Pass should be able to detect and reuse that existing account session instead of asking for login…4 votes -
Bold one word in a sentence instead of all or none
If I type text in sheets in a cell, I can't bold one word and not the rest. It's all or nothing. It would be nice if this is possible in the future.
3 votes -
Collapsable folders in mobile app
Currently it is only possible to collapse folders in Proton Mail in the Desktop and Web App, but in the mobile app, the folders cannot be be collapsed, which makes scrolling through the folders on the mobile app strenuous.
3 votes -
Please remove the "END-OF-SUMMER SALE" ads from the Web Mail appbar
In the WebMail appbar I now see this ads "END-OF-SUMMER SALE". If I wanted intrusive ads in my mail I would have stayed with Gmail.
10 votes -
Have the same features on the iOS Proton Mail app as on the Windows app
I really need to be able to manage my filters and reorganize my folders on the iOS app.
This is possible on the Windows app.
When a feature is released somewhere, it should be implemented in all apps.4 votes -
Hide the unread count for spam
Currently, the Spam category shows a count of unread emails. This is kind of attention-grabbing when scanning the sidebar for what I should be paying attention to, so it would be nice to either not show it at all, or have an option not to show it.
The same goes for Trash emails, these things should be more “out of the way”.
This is especially annoying in the mobile app, because there is no way to hide the archive/spam/trash/all-mails like there is on web.
There are several requests and/or hacks for this on Reddit:
- https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/g875j7/option_to_hide_spam_unread_number_count/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/8dehym/spam_count_hide_display_on_hover/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6dbn6j/helpful_css_trick_to_hide_spam_count/4 votes -
Email notifications for specific senders
I like receiving notifications on my phone for new emails but wish I could select WHICH senders activate notifications, leaving them off for everyone else. That is very important to me so I don't miss client e-mails.
11 votes -
Fix TOTP Secrets Being Logged in Plaintext for Desktop App
I noticed that the Proton Authenticator desktop app for Windows stores plaintext logs on the OS. Revealing lots of sensitive information to Windows OS. Completely making the privacy friendly design of Proton Authenticator useless for the desktop app. I uninstalled it and will not use it until that is fixed or changed. There was no option to redirect or change that setting. Complete oversight for Proton's standards of privacy.
3 votes -
Hide photo's already in albums
When you have put photo's in albums, I'd like to hide them from my main photo view so I know which photo's I still need to organize.
With google you could archive your photo's, that worked because they would still be in albums, but not visible in the main photo's view.
I would like something similar, I think having a button that hides photo's that have already been organized, or some kind of organize view with more options like this would be really helpful.
23 votes -
Add more choice for theme customization
Add more choice for theme customization
11 votes -
Advanced account Recovery options
I dwell amongst the victims of stalkerware and complete loss of my 14 year old gmail account due to insidious past relationships.
The trauma of having your entire digital identity exposed leaves it difficut to download "recovery files" or use devices /QR codes/ PHONE NUMBERS or emails as options to recover your account when they all can and DO wind up exposed or lost entirely -or routed to forwarded numbers or addresses unbenownst to the user when a trusted person violates your private space.
For those with extreme security concerns and trauma related to the nightmare of stalkerware abuse- it…
2 votes -
Filters and Automations improvements
I'd like to have extended functionalities for filters, relying more on automations that are triggered at regular custom timers or events, instead of only "as a new email is received".
I'd like to have these:
1) New Automation criteria:
• Emails that are older or newer than "X days/weeks/months";
• Email status as "read" or "unread";
• Email location (folder);
• Attachment size is lower or higher than X (to label them as "bulky").
• "Without answer" (to detect all emails we sent which didn't receive answers).
This would allow automations such as: if the email is older than 1…3 votes -
VPN shows blocked trackers. I want to see what is blocked.
On the VPN you can see the amount of blocked trackers, but I would like to expand this and view specifically what is blocked. Ty.
11 votes -
Moving rows/cells in Proton Docs
Currently, if I insert a table into a document in Proton Docs, I can not move the row or cells afterwards.
This seems like a missing feature or even a bug that has been overlooked the past months, because the icon to move things is there, but it doesn't do anything if clicked or dragged.
6 votes -
Allow IMAP delete in Bridge to actually delete
Right now when you delete a mail in an IMAP folder via the bridge, it gets deleted from that folder but retained in the "All Mail" folder. It would be fantastic to have the option to actually delete mail instead, possibly as a setting. I mostly use IMAP so I can quickly clean up unwanted mail with mutt, and it's a little unfortunate to find it's all still retained.
2 votes -
Sort on date of deletion (Proton Mail)
Currently there seems to be no way to sort on date of deletion meaning that when you delete a very old e-mail, you'll have to find it again using keywords if the list of deleted email is very large.
8 votes -
Improve Feedback website
Improve the feedback website in mobile. I us e that is mobile but it is look like 10 to 20 years old website, that feedback website, no icons, all are text and like old style design. Improve that, especially in mobile. Give seperate good look for mobile
2 votes -
Mobile Apps: Do not prompt for FIDO2 pin (be consistent with website)
I don't know about the Android apps, but on iOS, the dialogue prompts for the pin when using a security key.
This is not the case on the website, and in my opinion, requesting the pin only makes sense when the key is the only factor, in Proton's case, the user's password is already required.
3 votes -
Enable 'change layout' for photos - toggle list view vs thumbnail
Minor tweak may improve usability. Enable change layout function for Photos tab in web UI.
Functionality already exists for files tab in same UI.
This may enable faster processing of large volumes of backup files, e.g. album creation due to removal of the need to load thumbnails.
6 votes
- Don't see your idea?