How can we improve ProtonMail?

Contacts, Calendars, and Notes

To sync with your cell phone and email - iphone calendar, contacts, and notes.

6,410 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to migrate from GMail to Protonmail, but found out that there is no calendar! Reading those comments I can see that there is a calendar coming in 2019, so I'll wait.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought a 2 year plan but didn't realize there's no calendar.. I can't use this now, calendar is 50% of what I use Gmail for :( back to Gmail I guess.. 50$ down the drain..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to be able to sync our contacts to our phones and email clients.

Same will be with the Calendar and Notes features when they are released.

The contacts feature is nice but I don't use it since it doesn't sync to my phone or my pc.

"ProtonMail offers encrypted contacts for both web and mobile applications" .....-_-
        This is not what their asking for. We need a way to sync our phone contacts not just email contacts. I.E if you go to the phone or contacts app. you would see your proton mail contacts that have phone numbers attached to them.

I use your service and have suggested it to over 20 people in the last year, I have recently become aware that I am not allowed sign up to without giving my telephone, not email, now I can not and refuse to sign up with a phone. If you refuses to provide me this method I will not use your service again and will advise people against it.

• isolatedvirus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing holding me back from completely dropping google and going visionary with protonmail:
        -Contact sync to device
        -Calendar

Nice to haves:
        -Notes / Document sharing
        -Yubikey integration (Not OTP)
        -Password Manager

• Olivier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched to ProtonMail but didn't realize how problematic it is not to have a calendar. It seems this has been promised but undelivered for years so I might have to move to Office 365 or back to Google G Suite, which is not ideal.

Any vague-ish timeline for calendars?

• . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i will switch to proton mail when a good and secure calendar will be available ..must look good to :P

Ideally calendar would sync to Google Calendar. I think the only secure way to do this would be allowing Proton Calendar to post a shareable URL to Google Calendar. Obviously any items shared would not be secure but it would be convenient. Allowing the reverse would also be nice to any items posted in Google Calendar show up in Google Calendar. Obviously the dream is to do away with Gmail completely but I think there would need to be an between step.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you release Calendar I will go Visionary. Calender with iCal subscriptions is the only thing holding me back.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add, a *quality* calendar that works well and looks good doing it. Something I can use with my wife and daughters, in the same way we currently use the Google Calendars. Thanks!

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will gladly make the switch once a quality calendar feature is added AND an "undo send" function. :)

I agree with Ross: a searchable calendar would be perfect. Do you have a date to announce yet?

• CJK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why Protonmail doesn't have an integrated calendar like other email services. Disappointing!

Most other services are starting to offer this as part of a privacy package, this allows for an integrated calendar that would also be encrypted with the same protonmail magic!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base