Skip to content

Proton Mail

1045 results found

1. Encrypted mail with alias and answer / forward.

Unless I am mistaken when we send an encrypted email the final recipients will be able to see our true email on the web page showing the email even if we use an alias. Similarly when we answer or forward our encrypted email no encryption will be apply by deafult.
    It is a real pity that we cannot (i) hide our true email with alioas and (ii) answer that will will not accidently forward/answer an initially encrypted email in clear.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. filter rules to block sender while moving to spam

As an expansion on https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-proton-mail/suggestions/32770000-block-sender

There is currently no way to concurrently block users while moving to spam folder. Being able to have filter rules to both move and block a sender is important - especially valuable when pairing with a catch-all address.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow permanent light or dark mode view for Proton Mail iOS

I would like a feature to permantly view an email from a sender in either light or dark mode and not depend on the app theme.

I noticed that you can view the message permanently in light mode by setting the app theme to light mode, but I would rather there be an option for see emails from a certain sender in either light or dark mode even if the app theme is set to dark or light mode.

Although, I like that there is an option to view the email in light mode but it sometimes gets annoying to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Restore Label Location to Right and Shape

Please move labels in the Inbox or List views back to the right; they are and should be secondary to the subject. Users want to see Subjects first. NOT labels. Also please revert the rectangular labels back to the pill-shaped (rounded rectangle) labels. Rectangles take up a LOT of visual emphasis and distract from the more important aspects of the UI (subject, date, etc.), adding to cognitive strain. You've made a lot of UI changes recently and you should allow users to revert some of these extreme, random, and unnecessary changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow us to search our existing aliases when sending an email out

Right now, if you have a huge amount of aliases for different reasons, you cannot search them to find the one you're after. I have one that I use for sending emails for my accounting side business, one for all house related things, one for all family related things, etc. Many many aliases/addresses. Please let us search for those!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UI hover

Regarding the recent update on the Proton Mail web app. Please reduce the amount of "pop up" shadowing and size increase of hovered email items in the list views (inbox, etc). This needs to be a much more subtle hover effect.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add more dates to a contact

I would like to expand the "Birthday" date field to be a general "Important Dates" category to which you can add an arbitrary number of dates and names for those dates. You could have "Birthday" and/or "Wedding Anniversary" or whatever other dates people wanted to use.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scan attachments for viruses

When a person clicks on a download link contained within an inbox email, there needs to be an intermediate popup window stating whether the link contains a virus before it would downloads.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it easier to select email without opening it by mistake

when checking an email to delete, too often it opens it and wastes time.
    fix so that a check is a check, and an open is clicking on the title, perhaps, but they should be distinct so non-ambiguous.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show all labels applied to an email on web

On mobile, if an email has multiple labels applied, all the labels are shown side by side.
    On web, I only see one label an the symbol + and number that indicates any further label applied.
    There is no need to hide labels on web, there is plenty of room to show them. Also this creates inconsistency with mobile.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable keyboard shortcuts messages list (Proton Mail app for Mac)

Currently when users click a message in the messages list of the Proton Mail app for Mac, then press a keyboard button, the keyboard press applies to the message in the preview pane, rather than the messages list pane. Key examples:
    * Selecting a message in the messages list and pressing down arrow begins to scroll that message's preview in the preview pane, rather than jumping to the next message in the message list
    * Pressing Delete while a message is selected does not move the message to trash, it attempts to trigger a 'delete' action in the preview pane…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically move emails to folders

It would be great if it was possible to configure the automatic movement of incoming messages to certain folders.

For example, set up automatic movement to a folder based on the sender or keywords from the subject of the message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Preview Pane to Read and Action an Email Without Opening It

Please add a Preview Pane that allows a user to both read and action (delete, move, mark as read, etc.) an email without opening it. This functionality is available in both Gmail and Outlook and is an excellent efficiency tool.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include at least the most known fonts from each of the Vox-ATypI classification's 11 fonts families along with a complete coloring palette

I am grateful to Proton for offering everyone safe services who complement Mozilla Firefox to a charm and that both Mozilla & Proton stand to keep Internet as a free and safe shared world resource as its inventor Tim Berners-Lee wanted it to be and I am sincerely grateful for that, I donate to Mozilla sometimes and even have been pondering switching to a Proton Unlimited account to support them because they actually respect us their users and they protect us from greedy corporations and paranoid governments who want to know everything on everyone whereas they are the ones who…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Desktop App High RAM Usage

Is it typical for the desktop app (running on Win10 Pro) to consistently and constantly use 450-500 MB of RAM while idle? If this level of memory usage is expected, can you work on reducing it? For comparison, two instances of Firefox, each with multiple tabs open, averages 600-700 MB of RAM when idle on my machine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easy way to switch spellchecking language in desktop App for multilingual users

How about implementing a quick way (shortcut/right click whatever) of switching spellchecking language in desktop App (windows) for multilingual users such as me - I communicate in 4 or 5 different languages and I would love to get rid of the "angry" red squiggly lines under correctly spelled words, and perhaps even some help to avoid occasional typos/spelling mistakes, in the languages that I am less proficient in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore Deleted Items From Trash to Where They Were Deleted From

I accidentally deleted my entire inbox today, thinking it was spam. I was unable to cancel the operation so after some time I was hoping to be able to just restore my messages from trash. I needed to move files from trash, to archive, and then from archive to inbox. I may have missed the option in my haste, but I did not see a restore option, and think that would be highly valuable if it does not already exist.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cancel Large Jobs During Run

Some large operations take a significant amount of time. If a button is clicked by accident there is no way to cancel the operation.

E.g. I accidentally moved my entire inbox to trash when I thought I was in the spam folder. There was then no way to easily restore emails so I had to move to archive, and then go through each page to move emails back to inbox.

Had I been able to cancel the operation, this wouldn't have taken to long to recover from.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ‘Self Destruct’ feature to the mobile apps

This feature is currently available on the desktop app and online. However, it’s not currently available via the mobile apps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Contacts: Add a functional "Correspond From Address" field

Currently, when you open a Contact card and click "Compose", it opens a new e-mail in which the "From:" field is set to the same default e-mail address of your Proton account.

Proposing the addition for a "Correspond From Address" field for individual contacts in which, upon clicking "Compose" on that contact, the From: field will be set to what you had set to that contact card's "Correspond From Address" field.

Right now, you can only sort of fake this by adding a Note in the contact to remind yourself "Contact this person using X address", but you still have…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?