Proton Mail & Calendar
2272 results found
-
Custom Categories in New Inbox Organizing
I really like the new categories in how it sorts the inbox and how you can change where messages wind up. Now I really want to be able to create my own categories, which is how I have used the folders feature in the past. Being able to make my own categories would be AMAZING. Please add this ASAP.
5 votes -
Push notification and read status auto sync across iOS, iPadOS and MacOS
Automatically synchronise email read status and push notifications between devices. If I read an email on my iPad, the badge and push notification for Proton Mail app should be automatically cleared on my other devices (Mac, iPhone and iPad). I shouldn’t have to manually clear the notifications and badges on each individual device. This is similar for the existing requests for “sync Android notifications properly” but I wanted to create a separate request specifically for Apple devices. Thank you.
16 votes -
Differentiate between "Unread" and "Unseen"
Use case
Most of the time I don't read/open every single E-Mail that comes in, but rather postpone the unimportant ones to later, while opening the ones that have urgency.
Problem arises by the lack of differentiation; All the "old" unread E-Mails are bundled together with the new ones that came in, and it is a game of memory if it was "42" or "41" unread E-Mails the last time I checked.
Proposal
Make it obvious in the UI how many E-Mails are completely novel, and which are already seen, but not opened yet.
- Add a second counter to the…
6 votes -
No default address or variable default address
Currently, we are required to have a default email address. I have multiple email addresses in my account and use them for different purposes. But, when I open an email it automatically puts the default email address. If that is not the address I want to use, I have to change it. The problem is that it is easy to forget to change it and then I end up sending the email from the wrong address. I propose 2 solutions.
- Allow the user to have no default email. This would require the user to always pick an address when composing…
22 votes -
Calender events prior to 1970
It is currently only possible to enter calendar events prior to or going back no further than 1970. This makes it difficult to enter birthdates when you wish to track the actual age of the person as well as historical events.
Implement option to enter dates prior to 1970 in Proton Calendar.
8 votes -
Can we have a Cancel Appointment in the calendar instead of removing the entry
Can we have a Cancel Appointment in the calendar - displayed in a different colour so that a record can be kept, rather than removing the calendar entry
8 votes -
PLEASE create full API for writing events to Proton Calendar
PLEASE create full API for writing events to Proton Calendar
14 votes -
Mail Linux App (.deb/.rpm) thru apt/dnf just as VPN or flatpak, for auto-updates
Mail and Pass desktop clients for Linux already exist in .deb & .rpm. Could you please add this to the repo you already have for the VPN client (https://repo.protonvpn.com/) or make an official Flatpak release so that the update process can happen automatically?
This would be a nice improvement and reduce the friction with us Linux users6 votes -
Right-click context menu option to search all emails from the same sender
Gmail offers a simple right-click (or long-press) context menu on any email that includes an option like "Search mail from [sender@example.com]". This instantly filters the inbox to show all messages from that sender — no manual search query needed.
I'd love to see Proton Mail add the same UX pattern:
- Right-click any email in the message list
- A context menu option appears: "Show all emails from [sender]"
- Clicking it runs an automatic search filtered to that sender's addressThis is a huge quality-of-life improvement for power users who manage high-volume inboxes, hunt down subscriptions, or…
8 votes -
Folders-Indicate total unread email count for all subfolders within
So we don’t have to expand a folder to see whether there’s anything new
10 votes -
OOTO (Out Of The Office) notifications
Set an OOTO (Out Of The Office) notification that interfaces with the calendar to choose the start and end of the OOTO period.
5 votes -
Custom Calendar and Email Notification Sounds
We really need to have the ability to customize the sound of the notifications in both Proton Calendar and Proton Mail. There’s currently no options at all in the apps for iOS/iPadOS so we’re left with just a ‘ding’ that very easily gets missed. For these apps to be useful we need to be able to tailor notification sounds (customize the default sounds for each app, set custom sounds for specific contacts, set custom sounds per event and/or calendar, etc.). Thanks!
38 votes -
Archiving Calendars
Would be great to be able to archive (or hide) calendars that are not useful anymore, while still being able to consult information that was recorded.
For example, I had a calendar for my building's activities, meetings with other tenants, etc. but when I moved, it was not necessary for me to have that calendar in the side bar list (unticked, of course). Would be great to be able to hide this calendar from the list, and still be able to consult when needed.
8 votes -
pop out draft message as a separate window
In the desktop ProtonMail app for Mac, which includes mail and calendar as different tabs/views, I really need the ability to pop out a draft message as a separate window while I am composing it. I often receive messages asking me to list my availability for a meeting. In Outlook, I am able to pop out the message so I can look at my calendar while drafting the message. In the ProtonMail desktop app, the draft is stuck in the mail view, so I need to remember or write down information somewhere else after looking my calendar.
55 votes -
Mail Pinning Feature
Allow users to pin important emails to the top of their inbox so they remain easily accessible regardless of when they were received.
7 votes -
Smart Autofill Suggestions for Event Titles & Locations
I’d love to see Proton Calendar add smart autofill suggestions for event titles and locations based on previously created events, similar to how Google Calendar handles event creation.
Example:
If I previously created an event called:
“Jake - Hanging out”Then the next time I create a new event and start typing:
“Jake”Proton Calendar would automatically suggest:
“Jake - Hanging out”If there are multiple past events starting with “Jake”, it could show a dropdown list of matching previous entries. The same functionality would also be very useful for the location field.
Why this would help:
• Keeps naming…9 votes -
Calendar Phone Call
Allow phone and FaceTime calls to be initiated from within calendar events by clicking on the phone number, just as one can in Apple's native Calendar app.
4 votes -
Time-tracking Calendar Integration
One missing feature from the Proton Suite is a Time-tracking layer integrated in the Calendar app.
It would be a handy feature to toogle on/off alongside your planned schedule, in order to track the real time invested in your projects, get records and overviews, and be able to learn from them and improve your workflow. All with the same level of privacy and encryption of the other features.
Right now Proton users still depend on external apps to track their time, which don't integrate in the Proton ecosystem nor offer the same kind of data security. More on the contrary,…
3 votes -
Improve differentiation between unread and read mails
After the major UI refactoring of the Android mail app some weeks ago, we're struggling with some of the changes. Let me explain one problem:
- Differentiate between read and unread mails
It is very difficult to simply "see" which mails are new and which ones are already read. The only difference seems to be, that new mails are listed using bold font where already read emails are using the normal font. It doesn't matter which theme is used, you need to have a deeper look to recognize "oh, I've already read this mail".
Please improve the inbox layout in such…
34 votes -
Preview attachment in app without downloading (Proton Mail Android)
It is not possible to preview attachments in the Proton Mail Android app without them being downloaded to the "Downloads" folder of the device, which unneccessarily clutters the folder with content you only meant to view and maybe then decide to download.
The Proton Drive app does let you preview files without them ending up on the visible device storage, so this should be possible.
Related, but really not a real preview feature, at least not on Android:
https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-proton-mail/suggestions/7808634-preview-attachments74 votes
- Don't see your idea?