Skip to content

Proton Drive

382 results found

1. 2FA protection for certain files and folders

Drive should have something like the "Personal Vault" from OneDrive.

Everything in the Proton Drive is available all the time everywhere. As some files are extremely critical, but dont need to be looked at or changed all the time from everywhere, this is a convenient weakness.

Example: I don't want my Bitcoin recovery phrase on the android app to be be "protected" with a fingerprint, and on the unlocked PC not protected at all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create folder shortcuts (so you don't have to make a duplicate)

In Google Drive, you can "Add Shortcut" of an existing folder so you don't have to duplicate folder content (you can enter the same folder from multiple locations). Similarly, macOS allows you to "Make Alias" of a folder, & in Linux you can create symlinks of folders. Would be great to be able to do this in Proton Drive!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Store local data in a VeraCrypt-encrypted volume on Windows

Be able to locate in a volume encrypted with VeraCrypt on PC (possibly on a USB key) the data synchronized with that stored in the Proton Drive Cloud.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Replace file metadata modified date by upload date. Or add column for upload date

Metadata modified date could be irrelevant when backup to cloud (example: it could be a file with lot of read without modifying it or metadata got deleted and defaulted to some date).
    Either replace or add a column for date uploaded to Proton Drive could be very helpful when sorting through file.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select over range through months inside of photos

Select SHIFT doesn't seem to work when doing it over months. It works normally when doing it over individual photos, even across months.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to download all data from photo and drive

Recently I had to remove an address and all of its associated data, the issue is that downloading all of my data was painful, as a lot of the downloads took, a while, and the download often failed. Forcing me to manually select smaller folders, and download those, then merge them.

As for photos scrolling through all photos and selecting each month, it appears as if there is no "select range" key binding.

It would be useful in general to have a "take out" feature for both drive and photos.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Organize pictures with folders or tags

So I just don't understand how we ended up without any way to organize the photo section of proton drive? I mean it's only organized by date essentially as close as I can tell.

The problem comes when comparing this to Google photos which I currently pay for and have significant data there, is they allow me to take the files and put keywords in the files under the details area.

Google also allows me to make folders of specific photos, so they can be organized. I'm just wondering if we can't put some folders in proton drive / photos…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simultaneous access to multiple Drive to/from single desktop device

Allow access to multiple drive on the desktop app-simultaneous login, upload to/download from distinct drives to/from single desktop device. Currently, we can access more than one account on the Drive desktop app, but not simultaneously (feature to add account doesn't exist). Also, once logged into more than one account, we should be able to upload and download to each account or from each account using the same device.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dedicated file / folder share option for Windows Explorer and Kubuntu Dolphin

Currently it looks like the only way to share a file or folder is through the web app and only when copying a file link. Can we have a dedicated file/folder share option as an integrated option in our native browsers - Explorer for Windows or Dolphin in Kubuntu?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Playback speed controls for audio files.

Please add playback speed controls for uploaded audio files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve sync - team up NextCloud etc..

I am a paid user and it is so hard to backup on proton, there is no reason why proton has not upgraded their drive. i should be able to do everything that Next-cloud offers and more. My phone and any of my multiple linux distribution PC should be able to sync..... I SAID SYNC(not upload), with my devices running any software. also Proton needs to huge upgrade on security due the fact that my drive was hacked or the upload failed but i swear i have uploaded it multiple times and it took days to finish about 56gb and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The backspace key to move up a level in folders

The backspace key to move up a level in folders, as in Windows File Explorer, Total Commander. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proton Automatic Secure Backup for local PC

I currently use Google to back up my local PC files, and have found it both convenient and very reliable, but because I am aware of the privacy issues, I first I use a product called BoxCryptor to encrypt the files before they are handed off to Google. This has worked well, balances the convenance of cloud backup with data security. But BoxCytptor has been acquired by another company, and so now I’m going to have to locate an alternative solution. I would prefer to simply back up my data directly to my Proton drive and call it a day…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Desktop support for photos

Hello,
    It's awesome we can now backup photos from phones, however it's not really convenient to search through all the photos (mobile and web), I wish we had an UI/UX similar to what Dropbox does.

Also I'd love to be able to check my backed up photos from my computer (again, similar to Dropbox, just a preview from the folder, and only download if I open the photo), now I can only check from the web.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Syncing between devices: support junctions in "My files" folder

In this folder "C:\Users\WINUSER\Proton Drive\PROTONUSER\My files" that gets created by Proton Drive, a user should be able to include one or more Windows junctions (which point to folders elsewhere on the drive).

This would allow a user to set up a junction pointing to the same arbitrary folder XYZ on two or more computers, which would keep the contents synced between those computers and the Proton Drive.

(I have two computers on which I want to keep data in sync.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a virtual drive on computers to allow easy file access (similar to pCloud's pDrive)

I've stuck with pCloud because of it's amazing pDrive (virtual drive) feature. By implementing a virtual drive, users will see all of their files and be able to interact with them as though the files existed on their PCs or Macs. For example, your accounts files might be on P:\Accounts. Then you could drag and drop and even put links to the files within documents or local spreadsheets. This is an extremely useful feature and would make Proton Drive operate seamlessly with computers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 click to get back to root level of Proton Drive on iOS

When navigating in Proton Drive in iOS, sometimes I just want to go right back to the top(root) level of the drive and have to keep clicking on the back arrow to navigate up to the root.

Would be really nice if I could just click on the 'folder' icon on the bottom toolbar to bring me right back to the top level and use the back arrow for going up one level at a time.

An alternative UI would be to click and hold on the back arrow to go to the top level but this might be less…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to remove Windows Explorer integration

The windows Explorer integration for Proton is pretty good overall - but still, I prefer to have my drive apps be as unobtrusive as possible.

Is there any chance there can be a toggle in the settings of the Proton Drive desktop app to remove Explorer integration?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Backup Windows system folders

For those of us that use Steam for gaming, or any other platform where local save data is saved to program files or program files x86 it would be nice if those files can be added to the Proton Drive app. Some of the games I have save character data to these directories and I am unable to add them to the Drive app as it indicates it is a 'system folder that can't be synced'. I know Steam has their own cloud backup for save files, but this would be better, at least for me.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Map Viewer for Geo / Location Data in files

This is similar but more focused than the idea here: https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/945460-general-ideas/suggestions/45229390-proton-maps

This is more about a 'viewer' of files on Proton Drive to open a map UI of items within Drive that have a geolocation. Creating layers/adding geometry (like a google mymaps) is not part of this idea but could be part of roadmap.

1. View geotagged photos from an album in a map view; or to add/change location of photo (via pan/zoom from the photo view)

2. Open geo-files in a map view, that is kml, gps tracks, sheet with lat/long, shapefile, geojson... open standards.

Again, the focus of this idea…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)