Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Protonmail app for PureOs

Hi, I am a future owner to be of a Librem 5 mobile, it is run on pureos and im curious if you will create an app in which protonmail will work on pureos?

Kind regards Josh

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

815 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contacts, Calendars, and Notes

To sync with your cell phone and email - iphone calendar, contacts, and notes.

8,173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    137 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dead Man's Switch

A "Dead Man's Switch" allows users to be contacted automatically once per month (per week, per year etc) to confirm they are still alive. If (for whatever reason), the user does not reply and thus provide "proof of life," the "Dead Man's Switch is activated.

This involves sending one or more emails out to designated addresses with instructions. It's a sort simple will, but one triggered digitally instead of by a person.

Prontonmail's anonymity suits this type of feature well because hosting one's will on Gmail is akin to sky writing it over Langley, Virginia. LOL!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. subscribe to calendars

I'm using the calendar beta for the first time today, while evaluating switching to ProtonMail from Fastmail. It's very important to me that I be able to subscribe to other calendars and calendar feeds. My Fastmail calendar aggregates calendars and feeds from Trello, Remember the Milk, and public holiday calendars.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ProtonVault - Password Manager

How about a service like LastPass or 1Password to make it easy to store all passwords and secure notes either online and synced with other computers and devices, or locally on one device. A secure password manager using the best of ProtonMail/ProtonVPN services

3,762 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Messinger as Skype with Full secure end-to-end voice+Full HD

Hi I would like ask about possibility create messenger as Skype but with full PGP secure end-to-end protection voice and full HD

797 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. birthdate support in proton calendar

We now have calendar and contacts

It would be nice and usefull to add birthdate of contacts on calendar

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove mobile phone verification

Your requirement for mobile phone verification during registration nullifies any claims you make about this being a secure & private email service. Once I share my mobile phone, my identity is already compromised, no matter what you claim you will or will not do with it. Assurances you give that you do not store mobile phone information are meaningless since such a claim can not be verified. The assumption must always be that any personal information one shares with a website is liable to be compromised at some point in the future. I do not need to cite the countless…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

316 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement regional pricing

If you live in Brazil like me, paying in Dollars or Euros is not viable, the commercial dollar here is currently equivalent to almost 5 Brazilian Reals. Just imagine yourself paying 5 times the current price in dollars, that's what it is for us to pay for anything in foreign currency. Realistically it would be even more since our minimum wage in BRL is lower than the minimum wage in USD. I'm not even starting about EUR since it is even more expensive than USD.

If you want to expand your business globally you MUST account for the difference between…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Password on VPN with username should be DIFFERENT than any login / mailbox passwords

THIS IS A SECURITY BREACH - upon entering your password to use the vpn (with your username) , it is stored in “Keychain” on a Mac because one must hit “Always Allow” along with the computer’s login password - if your PW is stores there, of course the email can be hacked - which now explains why mine has been a few different times PLEASE MAKE VPN PASSWORD UNIQUE !!!!!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Public an API to allow to send outside encrypted emails using own software

Because it is not possible to send outside encrypted emails through the Bridge, it could be very interesting to allow this feature to set expiration and password for mails outside Proton programmatically.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Just focus on your core values and avoid feature creep

Please focus on security, transparency and sustainability and avoid everything not necessary for email.

2,433 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I have two big problems that will probably lead to my terminating my contract with Protonmail.

I have two very big problems that will probably lead me to terminate my protonmail account.
    The first is that old emails are not stored for long, making it impossible to keep a record of important correspondence.
    The second is that my proton emails seem to go into the spam box of many of my correspondents and so they do not see them. This really needs to be addressed or protonmail is useless for me.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Limit devices able to access to the account.

UPDATE: Great secure idea if you put control account access that have access to your ProtonMail account. Put Enable or Disable, to allow any devices access to the account = Disable, Limit devices able to access to the account = Enable. Enable feature it's mean three devices allow otherwise denied any device .

Thanks,

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Familly offer/bundle

Hi,

I have a ProtonMail Plus account, and happy with that.
    My wife is also using Protonmail (thanks to me :) ) but only the Free account.
    She would love to have the Plus features, but the price tag is high, especially when your are in the same household...

Is there a way to offer a "family bundle"?

The perfect bundle for me would be a Plus account, where another person can share your storage plan (I have 10 GB, so let's say we split in two or I decide how to allocate space), but the other person has a…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Alias

Instead of disabling an alias, paid users should be able to change the alias . I misspelled a word on my 5th alias and have just had it on disable for years - as a paid user, these features are expensive and i feel I haven’t gotten my money’s worth. Also why can’t ALL of the addresses including alias addresses be shortened to pm.me? Seems annoying since multiple inboxes can’t be added in the app if another is created with pm.me, but aliases are only allowed ProtonMail.com. ALIAS EMails should go into separate INBOX FOLders!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Nesting / parentheticals in the boolean language for filters

At the moment, ProtonMail's filters are, unfortunately, fairly weak compared to GMails — the transition is hitting me fairly hard.

As an example, a filter like this is almost impossibly laborious to represent in ProtonMail's manual system:

> from:(auto-confirm@amazon.com OR digital-no-reply@amazon.com) AND subject:("Amazon.com order of" OR "Your Amazon.com order")

Given that I can't have both an AND and an OR in a single filter, for the above simple example, I'd have to create four filters:

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:auto-confirm@amazon.com">auto-confirm@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Amazon.com order of&quot;

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:digital-no-reply@amazon.com">digital-no-reply@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Amazon.com order of&quot;

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:auto-confirm@amazon.com">auto-confirm@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Your Amazon.com
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base