Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Basic Plan

Protonmail Should Introduce Basic Plan With 2GB Storage And Send And Receive Mail @PM.ME

No Domain
    No User

Just Primary Alias 2GB & Pm. ME

FOR Personal Use

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Litecoin Payment

Please accept Litecoin as a payment method for premium accounts and donations. While Bitcoin is a great investment asset, for normal low level payments below multiple-thousand level, Litecoin is much better. Bitcoin transaction fees are already around $5. Currently Litecoin fees are around $0.05 or 5 cents. Even the advent of lightning networks on Bitcoin will not make Bitcoin cheaper since Litecoin will also have Lightning network payments and channel costs will be 100x more expensive on Bitcoin.

4,193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    147 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ProtonMail messaging app

Hi, ProtonMail is a great service. Have you considered a messaging app too? ie an alternative to Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger etc which, like ProtonMail, respects an individual's privacy and has no connecting to the likes of Google and Facebook.

1,144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undo send

I would like to see an "Undo Send" feature, as found in Gmail. This is essentially a delay in sending, I guess, during which you can click an "Undo" link that appears in the bottom of the screen after you have hit "Send" on an email, for a varying amount of time that you can set (ex. 20 seconds). This gives you the chance to abort the send and tweak the message if, after hitting send, you realized you had forgotten something or you wanted to change the tone. It's something I find I use quite often for work.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Digi-ID

DifiByte Digi-ID Authentication:

Replaces usernames/passwords by signing you in through the DigiByte blockchain. Phoen scans or copies a unique QR code, and sends the website data to log you in without needing a password/username. httpw://www.digi-id.io. Available for free in DigiByte App on iOS/Android.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ProtonVPN - Plus Country config

Country config only give access to the basic servers even for Plus subscribers. This limits the number of IPs which are randomly cycled through by a Plus user and takes away a lot of incentive to upgrade.
    It would be useful to have Plus specific country config files.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Possibility to send encrypted messages without password

At the moment Protonmail offers to send encrypted emails to non-PM users using a password encryption. This function is really secure but often unpractical. There should be an option where the encryption would work the same way, that the receipent would fetch the email from PM servers through a link, but no additional password would be needed. This method is widely used in post-GDPR world with government and some private actors. This would still be considered secure mail eventhough it doesn't have a password. The option with a password needs to remain of course and the selection would be up…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. FIFO2 U2F Security Key Support for MFA

With the latest FIDO2 updates and all of the major web browsers supporting this (including Windows now for login!) will you be adding support for security keys like the Yubikey? This is a feature that I would REALLY like to utilize for MFA.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add XRP as payment option

XRP is a crypto that could be implement in protonmail.
    Advantages :
    - secured
    - low fees (nearly free)
    - very fast (4seconds)
    XRP will be a standard.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Contribute on Signal OWS

Since nowadays it's plenty of IMs I think that we don't need more of them... It would be so good if you, Proton could join your forces with Signal! Making a better, safer world where privacy is on top!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A Real Proton mail client

A proton mail client protonmail that combine all the features and design from the proton web UI and allows the user to synchronise other mailboxes.

1,085 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dark mode and thene

Please implement dark mode/dark theme. Everything on my phone is dark and I prefer it, easier on eyes and cleaner to look at.

Also want a desktop app

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Profile Pictures

Allow us to set profile pictures that can be seen by those who receive our emails, proton and non proton users alike.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Implement DANE for added security and privacy

DANE (DNSSEC) would be hugely beneficial to the security and privacy of ProtonMail. DANE makes Man-in-the-Middle attacks practically impossible.

This is a necessary addition and should certainly be prioritized over-all, as it is at the core of what ProtonMail represents: privacy and security.

It's currently a feature available over at Tutanota (https://tutanota.com) and definitely sets it apart as an arguably more secure option, here's a great read on the topic: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/dane-everywhere

287 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accept Bitcoin on the Lightning Network!

The Lightning Network is in beta, but it allows for instant payments (no confirmations) and almost 0% fees, provided the user has a channel open. You already accept Bitcoin... and the Lightning Network is a major upgrade to way people will use BTC to make payments. If you do it soon, you will also get a P.R. boost, as it will inevitably be mentioned in the Bitcoin media.

481 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iOS app support multiple accounts

Either allow multiple accounts to be open simultaneously in the iOS app or add option to switch between accounts without having to formally log out and log in between each swap.

Despite allowing multiple aliases for a single account, if you have a personal account but also shared an account (eg with a spouse) aliases don’t suffice. The idea of forwarding every email from one account to another is archaic, lose for user and lose for proton mail because you’ll be storing the same message twice unnecessarily.

Multiple account support is a basic feature for email apps.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Onion V3 Address Access To Protonmail

Protonmail already uses a old v2 onion address format (https://protonirockerxow.onion) it would be nice to have the new v3 onion format address that has many benefits over the v2 technology:
    1. Better crypto (replaced SHA1/DH/RSA1024 with SHA3/ed25519/curve25519)
    2. Improved directory protocol, leaking much less information to directory servers.
    3. Improved directory protocol, with smaller surface for targeted attacks.
    4. Better onion address security against impersonation.
    5. More extensible introduction/rendezvous protocol.
    6. A cleaner and more modular codebase.

The new addresses looks like 56-characters domain ( ex.: 4acth47i6kxnvkewtm6q7ib2s3ufpo5sqbsnzjpbi7utijcltosqemad.onion ).

Apparently some sort of vanity address is possible (more limited…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hello, the fonts color are really drab. how about lightning them up? Brighter

Hello, the fonts color are really drab. how about lightning them up? Brighter

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Selective notifications by address

I don't like getting notifications for every single email I get, I've used other less secure email addresses to receive routine emails that I don't want notifications for, but of course with the ever growing problem of hacking, I realize that I'm leaving information vulnerable as an attack vector. It would be nice to have notifications for certain ProtonMail addresses, while others are received quietly, yet all available under the same login.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base