Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule Send Date/Time for Draft Emails Automatically Sent at a Future Time

I have another email service that allows users to schedule draft emails to be sent at a specified date/time in the future. Once the draft is complete, the email is automatically sent at the future specified date/time, unless that draft email is deleted/replaced prior to the send date/time. The draft email can either reside in an existing "draft" folder or a separate "outbox" folder (as distinguished from "draft" that does not have a scheduled send date/time).

Different Emphasis from Similar Postings:
    I noticed a number of other similar postings, however, I wanted to provide this new posting to possibly emphasize…

1,523 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deterministic key send/receive email addresses

The idea is essentially to be able to create a deterministic email addresses as an pre-filter whitelist of sorts. Instead of giving out your email address bob@proton there would be a deterministic public key generated for that specific user.

50d858e0985ecc7f60418aaf0cc5ab587f42c2570a884095a9e8ccacd0f6545c@proton, as an example. (SHA256 in this example)

The scenario would be, if you were filling out an online form you'd generate a new email for that vendor. If you begun to receive spam, or someone else got a hold of your email, you know where the leak was because only the first entity should have the key. (Similar to a…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sync contacts with phone address book

Sync the Protonmail contacts with the phone address book (contacts app) and vice versa.

1,659 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FIFO2 U2F Security Key Support for MFA

With the latest FIDO2 updates and all of the major web browsers supporting this (including Windows now for login!) will you be adding support for security keys like the Yubikey? This is a feature that I would REALLY like to utilize for MFA.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Undo send

I would like to see an "Undo Send" feature, as found in Gmail. This is essentially a delay in sending, I guess, during which you can click an "Undo" link that appears in the bottom of the screen after you have hit "Send" on an email, for a varying amount of time that you can set (ex. 20 seconds). This gives you the chance to abort the send and tweak the message if, after hitting send, you realized you had forgotten something or you wanted to change the tone. It's something I find I use quite often for work.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Basic Plan

Protonmail Should Introduce Basic Plan With 2GB Storage And Send And Receive Mail @PM.ME

No Domain
    No User

Just Primary Alias 2GB & Pm. ME

FOR Personal Use

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. E-mail address appears as the forwarded e-mail sent

In g-mail, mail can be forwarded to a g-mail account and then you when you reply to that e-mail, the e-mail address shows up as that forwarded address. For example, I have mail sent to "name@domain.com" forwarded to my protonmail account. When I reply to that person's e-mail, I want it to look like I am responding from my domain.com account and not my protonmail account. Does that feature exist in the free Proton mail account or do I need to upgrade to ProtonMail Plus?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have ProtonMail Plus. Would like ability to request return receipt and message priority (e.g., high importance). Thank you.

I have ProtonMail Plus. Would like ability to request return receipt and message priority (e.g., high importance). Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conversation Grouping

If mails are grouped, only those should be grouped that a) mention / quote another mail OR b) if the mails arrived within x minutes.

Because as it is at present with me mails are grouped which were sent years(!) after each other. They also have nothing at all to do with each other. Only because both have the same title.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Litecoin Payment

Please accept Litecoin as a payment method for premium accounts and donations. While Bitcoin is a great investment asset, for normal low level payments below multiple-thousand level, Litecoin is much better. Bitcoin transaction fees are already around $5. Currently Litecoin fees are around $0.05 or 5 cents. Even the advent of lightning networks on Bitcoin will not make Bitcoin cheaper since Litecoin will also have Lightning network payments and channel costs will be 100x more expensive on Bitcoin.

4,193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    147 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ProtonMail messaging app

Hi, ProtonMail is a great service. Have you considered a messaging app too? ie an alternative to Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger etc which, like ProtonMail, respects an individual's privacy and has no connecting to the likes of Google and Facebook.

1,165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alias

Instead of disabling an alias, paid users should be able to change the alias . I misspelled a word on my 5th alias and have just had it on disable for years - as a paid user, these features are expensive and i feel I haven’t gotten my money’s worth. Also why can’t ALL of the addresses including alias addresses be shortened to pm.me? Seems annoying since multiple inboxes can’t be added in the app if another is created with pm.me, but aliases are only allowed ProtonMail.com. ALIAS EMails should go into separate INBOX FOLders!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dark mode and thene

Please implement dark mode/dark theme. Everything on my phone is dark and I prefer it, easier on eyes and cleaner to look at.

Also want a desktop app

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Digi-ID

DifiByte Digi-ID Authentication:

Replaces usernames/passwords by signing you in through the DigiByte blockchain. Phoen scans or copies a unique QR code, and sends the website data to log you in without needing a password/username. httpw://www.digi-id.io. Available for free in DigiByte App on iOS/Android.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ProtonVPN - Plus Country config

Country config only give access to the basic servers even for Plus subscribers. This limits the number of IPs which are randomly cycled through by a Plus user and takes away a lot of incentive to upgrade.
    It would be useful to have Plus specific country config files.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Possibility to send encrypted messages without password

At the moment Protonmail offers to send encrypted emails to non-PM users using a password encryption. This function is really secure but often unpractical. There should be an option where the encryption would work the same way, that the receipent would fetch the email from PM servers through a link, but no additional password would be needed. This method is widely used in post-GDPR world with government and some private actors. This would still be considered secure mail eventhough it doesn't have a password. The option with a password needs to remain of course and the selection would be up…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Schedule messages

I wish there was the ability to schedule messages; i.e. send this email at 8:00am tomorrow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better message/e-mail sync between mobile app and web app

One of the major complaints I have about your otherwise excellent product is that message notifications on the mobile app aren't updated if I read, delete or archive the e-mails via the web inbox.

For example, if the mobile app notifies me of a new e-mail and instead of reading it on my smartphone, I go to the web and read it there, the mobile app notification doesn't acknowledge that. I have to read or manage the e-mail on the smartphone even if I already read it on the website. It's makes for a lot of unnecessary double work.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base