Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proton Calendar - Color Labels for events

Allow for individual color labels for each event separate from the default Calendar color, It helps certain events stand out from others when you are looking at a calendar full of events. This is present in Google Calendar but not on Apple Calendar.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support JMAP

Supporting the JMAP protocol (https://jmap.io/) would be great. It aims at replacing IMAP and is much more efficient. FastMail is already using it.

446 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ProtonVPN Flatpak/AppImage for Linux distros

These days it is very common to package applications across linux distros into flatpaks or appimages. These would be easy to manage for the ProtonVPN team and provide us with a working GUI app instead of the hard to manage cli client.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. calendar add the ability to share with family

I'm using the Calendar application and switched from Google recently.
    I generally use my calendar together with my wife so that we both know when our children have to do something or when there is an activity planned or when there is a free slot which someone can book as the other one will take care of the kids.

Hence my request. Would it be possible to allow for all calendar event to be shared completely with persons you trust e.g. family.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete individual events from reoccuring events in Calendar

When I schedule reoccurring events in Calendar, I am only provided the option to delete the whole series of events. This means that if one event gets cancelled, I have to delete the whole series or just keep the event on my Calendar even though it has been cancelled.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Put protonmail app in f-droid repository

I use replicant operating system and not android, for evident ethical and security reasons.
    I don't want to use google play, because I'm against google and don't trust them.

It will be very nice to put protonmail app in f-droid repository!

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Proton Browser

Proton Browser

I would Like to see a Browser like chrome, firefox, or Brave. But without the tracking and also it being based in the same location as protonmail would mean its secure and safe to use.

With companys like google buying up all the alternative browsers I think this a needed program/app. What good is the secure email when Chrome is snap shoting and keylogging your protonmail logins.

6,582 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    170 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. birthdate support in proton calendar

We now have calendar and contacts

It would be nice and usefull to add birthdate of contacts on calendar

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. proton calendar : add a possibility to upload a google calendar containt

it would be very usefull to upload my actual google calendar inside proton calendar, before beginning using it. past and future events would be transferred without need to manually recreate them.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow calendar invitations

I need to be able to create meetings or respond to invitations.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. calendar

Calendar would be more useful if...
    1. could accept requests from people using google calendar directly (.ical attachment for example)
    2. could add others to my calendar invites even if they don't use proton mail or calendar
    3. (and more obvious) mobile app version

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ProtonStore

It is possible to build a store alternative like Google Play Store to download software securely with apps without built-in malwares or trackers. Actually the Google Play Store has a lot of infected apps that abuse of unnecessary permissions and they are built in trackers like Google Analytics, Crashlytics, Firebase etc.

Just saying, hope it becomes a reality :')

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. display density

Configure the display density of the mailbox application. With the new (as of 2019-10) beta, the display density has dropped.

Add a setting to coarsely control the density (high,medium,low).

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put Tasks in Calendar

Will you be adding tasks to the calendar? Tasks need to be reflected differently in a calendar than an Event.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProtonDrive

Cloud drive service backed by ProtonMail box.

11,802 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  279 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement Hydro 2FA

I'd like to recommend integrating Hydro Raindrop, a blockchain based 2FA which provides security against hacking.

This is a safe and quick-to-implement security feature for users of ProtonMail. Here’s a demo of how our product would look from a user perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rop3Gn8CUew

Hydro Authenticator (Hydro: Security & Identity)

• 100% Free (integration and use)

• Available on iOS & Android

-Implementation only takes 1 hour

-Seamless portal for blockchain-based identity management and document signing for your users can be integrated in future versions; one-stop shop for your users’ financial lives, powered by blockchain technology.

Check out the Hydrogen site for more information …

848 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download email/s to PDF forms

It would be great to see an option to download any email and attachments to pdf - a lot services already have that kind of option :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Proton Calendar - More detailed Recurring Events options

Allow for Recurring Events that may take place on staggered timeframes, for example, the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month or every other month on Friday. This should be a standard feature as it is offered in Apple Calendar & Google Calendar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Repeat calendar events every first Monday of the month

It would be nice to be able to repeat events like on Google every first Monday of the month or every first Wednesday of the month.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. E-mail notifications in calendar

The current ProtonCalendar that's in beta has one fatal flaw: no e-mail notifications.

On the desktop, that means that you need to have ProtonCalendar open at all times, as without it, you can't receive notifications.

On mobile, that means you basically never receive notifications, as there are no mobile apps (yet).

For these reasons, the lack of email notifications makes ProtonCalendar unusable for me, as I need to be reminded and informed about my events.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base