Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide Readable Text inside the software

I can't read the text inside my npdryoung@protonmail.com!! Worse yet, couldn't find a place to contact support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onion V3 Address Access To Protonmail

Protonmail already uses a old v2 onion address format (https://protonirockerxow.onion) it would be nice to have the new v3 onion format address that has many benefits over the v2 technology:
    1. Better crypto (replaced SHA1/DH/RSA1024 with SHA3/ed25519/curve25519)
    2. Improved directory protocol, leaking much less information to directory servers.
    3. Improved directory protocol, with smaller surface for targeted attacks.
    4. Better onion address security against impersonation.
    5. More extensible introduction/rendezvous protocol.
    6. A cleaner and more modular codebase.

The new addresses looks like 56-characters domain ( ex.: 4acth47i6kxnvkewtm6q7ib2s3ufpo5sqbsnzjpbi7utijcltosqemad.onion ).

Apparently some sort of vanity address is possible (more limited…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a deal with TutaNota for ProTut encryption keys between you two.

It's really simple.
    People who are paying for Tuta are not (or rarely) also gonna pay for Proton.
    And vice verse.
    The most logic thing would be to not make things complicating or punishing, and just call Tuta, and make up a set of keys for trafic between the 2 of you.
    Right now consumers still have to tinker with passwording email for the travel inbetween, while both inboxes are encrypted. And this is funky at best :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Tab Button

I just want to be able to hit tab and align text in my email like I do with any word processor. Even if I copy a string or words with a tab in them, then paste into an email, proton mail interprets that as a random number of spaces. Nothing is aligned. What I have to do is hit spaces a large number of times and the text never aligns perfectly. This becomes a pain when I email numerous times for business.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accept Bitcoin on the Lightning Network!

The Lightning Network is in beta, but it allows for instant payments (no confirmations) and almost 0% fees, provided the user has a channel open. You already accept Bitcoin... and the Lightning Network is a major upgrade to way people will use BTC to make payments. If you do it soon, you will also get a P.R. boost, as it will inevitably be mentioned in the Bitcoin media.

481 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have you or can you address efail?

Can you, or have you already address Efail concerns, as outlined herehave you or can you address efail? https://www.wired.com/story/efail-encrypted-email-flaw-pgp-smime/

I appreciate this is "old news", but its come up again around me. A recent blog post (even if just an update) or something on the topic would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. TO ENHANCE SECURITY - ability to obtain mobile application (apk) outside of google/apple stores

Neither of these stores/companies care about our security in fact they want to obtain our information without our consent. So why should security/privacy products be obtained through them ? Better to provide a secure location for download or if the application code is deemed safe as is and open then release to github/lab.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trusted domains for external/embedded images

So far we can set loading embedded and external images on or off. It would be beneficial to set the option per domain/sender.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. English (British/Austalian/etc) as a language option

Currently there is one 'English' as a language option, this is in reality American or American English. Some of the differences are not at al subtle. Virtually all other services have the two separated, as American is a fairly isolated language whereas English (or British English) covers the UK, Australia, New Zealand, large numbers in India and a majority in Europe (though American is also popular in Europe now).

It seems like minimal effort would be required to create a proper English as an additional language but would remove so much confusion with English speakers that don't understand many of…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide ProtonMail Desktop Application for Windows and Mac

Provide ProtonMail Desktop Application for Windows and Mac

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Selective notifications by address

I don't like getting notifications for every single email I get, I've used other less secure email addresses to receive routine emails that I don't want notifications for, but of course with the ever growing problem of hacking, I realize that I'm leaving information vulnerable as an attack vector. It would be nice to have notifications for certain ProtonMail addresses, while others are received quietly, yet all available under the same login.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ICQ:748441620 Sell Cc fullz/Dumps track & pin/WU Transfer/ATM Card/Bank login/Paypal Good and Fresh

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WELCOME TO MY SHOP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    +++++ Hi all New customer +++++
    -Are you realize dream enrichment by working make money online,and the job you are working have on the list of our Job ???
    If the answer is yes,What are you waiting anymore??? Let cooperate us to make money and realize that dream together.
    -Would like to introduce we are Anonymous - We are Team Make Money Online and I'm Leader of Team.
    -We're looking for good and long-partners for our Business.
    -We Doing a lot of work online and have each member for each job to ensure time…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it would be great if you would provide direct links for your services in the protonmail and vpn listings.

such as each individual type of services for make and model for your email accesses for android and pc laptop computers. not all of us are tech experts and could use alittle help with selecting the right apps to download in order to gain access quickly. I have been looking and have asked on several different occasions for one of you to please provide me with a direct link for the app for a windows 10 laptop by HP AND HAVE GOTTEN NO REPLY. ok rant over...thx for your help

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow shared addresses within an organization

I would love to be able to share email addresses within an organization. Like have an "all@custom-domain.com" that sends to multiple people within the group. (Fastmail has this)

It would be nice, for example, to have the catch-all email address delivered to multiple users' inboxes.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Proton Mail Faster, Even Just Close to Normal Speed Would Suffice!

Yes, disappointment and/or anger will be the reaction of the public in the long run. When one signs up for Proton Mail, the web page fails to disclose honestly that it takes more than 100 times to receive an e-mail than it takes other e-mail suppliers, perhaps 1000 times if a photo is involved. These numbers are not exaggeration!

Yes, in exchange for security, we must endure massive delays.

The delays, plus the sign-up-page dishonesty and the consequent feeling in customers of having been cheated or lied to (lie of omission), will eventually cause the company to fail.

Unless ProtonMail…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A Proper ProtonVPN Linux Client With GUI

I would love to see a proper ProtonVPN Linux Client with GUI that looks similar to the Windows version and with the same features. The current Linux client does not look good and it's too much and not plain and simple like with the Windows version. Is there anyone else that are not happy with the current client and want a better one?

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to merge an existing free account into a paid account

I had two free emails, I made one a paid email. Last time I checked I am unable to merge the existing free email into the paid account. I do not want to delete my free email because it has many contacts.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, the fonts color are really drab. how about lightning them up? Brighter

Hello, the fonts color are really drab. how about lightning them up? Brighter

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notification from e-mail openings and check who opens it

Automaticaly send a notification message when somebody open the e-mail what we sent for them.
    So by this we will know for sure the certain person read it (or at least open) or not.

1. In common e-mails:
    Should contain date and time opened, time untill the e-mail was open (so a guess he/ she even have time to read it all).

2. In case of encripted/ password protected e-mail:
    Opened straigh with the right password, or not, number of try from the same person, date and time opened, IP adress/ geolocation (city at least), device used, browser used, operating…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Block, not just blacklist, spam.

Have a feature to block spam (i.e. return error message to sender as if address doesn't even exist), as opposed to blacklisting it to spam folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base