Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Postbox for Mac to settings / instructions

I use Postbox for Mac. By far the best email app I ever used.
    Faster as mail and not as stupid with cache etc.
    You could add it your your instructions.
    It is so easy - essentially Postbox discovers all settings automatically. All one needs to do is to use the Bridge Password (This should be instructed more clearly). That's all ;-)
    Jacob

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Functioning search

The search function still does not work. Entering a search for known rewords located in the body of the email still pulls up no results. Your search feature essentially does not work and needs to be fixed ASAP.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Digi-ID

DifiByte Digi-ID Authentication:

Replaces usernames/passwords by signing you in through the DigiByte blockchain. Phoen scans or copies a unique QR code, and sends the website data to log you in without needing a password/username. httpw://www.digi-id.io. Available for free in DigiByte App on iOS/Android.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow us to select emails and open one with out it deselecting other emails.

I like to go through my emails and select emails to delete and at the same time open some as I go. However, the way it is now when I open an email the ones I previously had selected are unselected.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile app for non Google-Android phones (e.g. lineage OS)

Dear Protonmail,

I just got my new Google-free smartphone. It runs on lineageOS Android (a google free android version).
    I would like to install the protonmail app but, in order to do it, I would need to use GooglePlay with a Google profile. This is pretty much non-sense in my view.
    I tried downloading it directly from the protonmail.com website, but without success.

Is it possible to download the app from another website or service?

Thanks a lot!
    Best wishes,
    Francesco

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Your email or reminder will come back to the top of your inbox when you want it to, whether that's tomorrow, or next week. You can always see your snoozed items under Snoozed in the Menu

See how it works in gmail:
    https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6067583

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Payment in Bitcoin Cash

You already accept Bitcoin (BTC) which is extremely slow. I only transact in Bitcoin Cash (BCH) because it is much faster. Please add support for Bitcoin Cash, it is the future and it will overtake Bitcoin in the long run.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email notifications of ALL login attempts

Emailed notifications of all login attempts, successful or not.

When available, these notifications should go to a separate notifications email rather than dropped in the protonmail inbox.

If "advanced logging" is enabled, it should also add the IP address of the login attempt.

(Otherwise someone breaking into a protonmail account would see that appear in the protonmail inbox, and naturally would be able to delete the notification mail before the rightful owner can log back in.)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. iOS app support multiple accounts

Either allow multiple accounts to be open simultaneously in the iOS app or add option to switch between accounts without having to formally log out and log in between each swap.

Despite allowing multiple aliases for a single account, if you have a personal account but also shared an account (eg with a spouse) aliases don’t suffice. The idea of forwarding every email from one account to another is archaic, lose for user and lose for proton mail because you’ll be storing the same message twice unnecessarily.

Multiple account support is a basic feature for email apps.

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Proton Websites

Currently I am using Google sites but their system uploads the entire site when I publish not just the page I am editing (with long delays). I hope Proton will offer a Proton-Website creation app so I can make my websites on your secure system instead of Google. I could like to have everything with Proton and leave Google completely.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Online Kalender

Aufgrund der Datenschutzrichtlinien der EU und insbesondere im medizinischen Bereich ist ein verschlüsselter Online-kalender mit allen dazugehörigen Features ein Muss für viele Businessbereiche. Ich bin Arzt, brauche solch einen Kalender, habe das Internet abgesucht und alle möglichen Kalender inspiziert, jedoch leider sind die meisten nicht brauchbar: fehlende Features, kein Datenschutz, furchtbares Design, etc. Es gibt hier eine Riesenlücke. Es bietet sich für Euch förmlich an, die Lücke zu schliessen, gerade für Ärzte, Rechtsanwälte, Krankenhäuser etc.; stehe gerne zur Verfügung, wenn Ihr Hilfe bei den Features braucht, sehr spannendes Thema mit grossem Potential weltweit mMn!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Browser login by QR

Make it easier to login into the web based mail. Add a QR code for example which you can scan with the ProtonMail app on your phone. That way verification is done by the app and it makes login in way faster and easier. Not sure how it’s works technical wise with the mailbox encryption so just putting the idea here.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Date Filter

We need to filter by date typically to move all email over say 6 months old to the Archive folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send a reminder email a few days BEFORE sending a new invoice.

This should be pretty self-explanatory. Just an email that reminds you that you will have a payment due on a certain date. It doesn't even have to be an exact date. It could just be "in 7 days" or whatever.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow to delete attachments from email archived (received and sent)

I usually archive my emails in custom folders. However, it would be nice to be able to delete any attached documents or pictures. My philosophy for 20 years has been that attachments do not belong in emails: either trash them if transitory or not useful, or conversely, save them on disk in a proper folder classification, especially if the disk in question is also backed up periodically. I NEVER keep attachments in Outlook, for instance. Gmail is a nuisance for this as it does NOT permit the deletion of attachments (to my knowledge).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop letting cyber criminals in and do nothing

No desire to do anything and I hate seven RELIGIOUS KNIGHTS but I hate Morgan and Morgan National law firm more than Risks management and SBA

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ProtonVPN - Plus Country config

Country config only give access to the basic servers even for Plus subscribers. This limits the number of IPs which are randomly cycled through by a Plus user and takes away a lot of incentive to upgrade.
    It would be useful to have Plus specific country config files.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A way for a locked out user to contact and request old accounts, no longer used to be deleted. For freeing up account names in the database.

A way for a locked out user to contact and request old accounts, no longer used to be deleted. For freeing up account names in the database.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Possibility to send encrypted messages without password

At the moment Protonmail offers to send encrypted emails to non-PM users using a password encryption. This function is really secure but often unpractical. There should be an option where the encryption would work the same way, that the receipent would fetch the email from PM servers through a link, but no additional password would be needed. This method is widely used in post-GDPR world with government and some private actors. This would still be considered secure mail eventhough it doesn't have a password. The option with a password needs to remain of course and the selection would be up…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base