Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bridge

I want to use Proton Bridge but I can't because I am not a paid subscriber.
    I want to pay but you make it very difficult to find where to sign up and begin paying.
    I've searched high and low but cannot find it.
    Make it easy to find.....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have nested subfolders (within folders). I have this feature in all other mail apps I use

Have nested subfolders (within folders). I have this feature in all other mail apps I use

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Only allow login with the username/main address, not with every address.

Do not allow that you can log into the account with every address.

If my account name is john.smith then only allow login with john.smith or john.smith@protonmail.com. Not with finance.john.smith@protonmail.com or any other address.

Perfect would be if you would have the choice what address can be used in order to log into your account.

With the current way you have to give away your login username in order to send emails. Hiding the username from the public would be an advantage, since they would have to guess your username and the password. Not only one of them.

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apply existing filters on mailbox

It would be great that we can apply newly created filters on the mailbox.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shared email account via different passwords created after sending an offer from the original one-password email account

Permitting different people to use the same password to access the same email account obviously would create serious security risks. However, what if they have no shared password, but each user has a different password? There are still potential difficulties, such as deletion of messages that cannot be recovered, with deletion both requested and authorized by a single user. However, there are also hazards associated with the organizational structure in business law known as a "partnership." For now, wouldn't it be better to invite somebody to share a no-cost ProtonMail account via an invitation (thus allowing the person invited to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keyboard

Keyboard Command to View Keyboard Shortcuts
    For those of us who try not to touch the mouse, a command (e.g., Ctl + ?) to access the list of Keyboard Shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Selective notifications by address

I don't like getting notifications for every single email I get, I've used other less secure email addresses to receive routine emails that I don't want notifications for, but of course with the ever growing problem of hacking, I realize that I'm leaving information vulnerable as an attack vector. It would be nice to have notifications for certain ProtonMail addresses, while others are received quietly, yet all available under the same login.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multi sorting

It is a good idea if you let users to sort emails by sender, subject or date, (ascending or descending) by clicking a tabular button at the top of each column , just like any file explorer in detailed view.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Key Words to be used to help stop Spam instead of just email addresses.

Most Spam I get comes with the same title 'AMONE' but different email addresses so I can't stop them from clogging my in box. If we could use 'Key Words' along with or in place of addresses it could go a long way in stopping Spam.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need a numerical flag for the number of messages located over your logo

This flag will alert the user not only that they HAVE a msg but how MANY are waiting to be read as well. Every other mail service has this. Why not PM?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show count for trash folder.

Show count for trash folder in web app sidebar like you do for inbox, starred, spam and labels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More and Better Folders

I want to use more than three folders, but I don't need anything else that comes with an upgrade so why can't I buy folder access seperately OR pay less (a dollar a month/dollar per folder, etc...) for features like folder use without the extras. OR you could just give free users access to unlimited folders like EVERY OTHER email provider. Please, this is a bigger problem then some people realize.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let us disable the spam filter!

Why force it? I only get false mails in spam and then don‘t notice them. Let us decide if we want it.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow search by both (label AND folder), (label AND label AND label)

Expand search on filters

- allow to search a label and a folder
    - allow to search a label and/or a label and/or a label
    - allow to search (a label and/or a label) and a folder

Then I can look for different aspects of the same directory.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple labels should be shown in full rather than stacked

The power of labels lies in the ability to have multiple labels per email.
    At the moment, when there are more than 1 labels assigned to an email, they are stacked and you can only see the top one, having to hover over it to expand them and see the rest.

This negates the whole point of having multiple labels as an easy visual way to identify the labelled emails.

It would be much better for productivity and ease of use if multiple labels were unstacked and shown fully.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve the login procedure to help with productivity ("stay-logged-in" & "remember-me")

I would like to suggest making your login procedure the same as most, if not all, other web services with these two features:

- Persistent login, so I can type the URL or click on my Protonmail bookmark on a new tab and be logged in to the website, rather than having to log in every single time, and

- a 'remember me' function for 2FA on trusted devices, so I don't have to either go get my phone and spend time finding and authenticating into my 2FA solution, OR so I don't compromise my security by adding my 2FA…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is it possible to use android app with tor?

Could it be made to run through tor when using the android app of it's not already possible? If it is where could I find configuration info?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mass selection option in protonmail app

An option to select multiple emails to be moved into the trash or into a specific folder would be great.
    (iOS App)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 TB or more cloud storage like other competitors

That would be great if protonmail provides a large amount of cloud storage (1TB or more) like google drive or one drive for emails and file sharing with reasonable price.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base