Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearly zero-contrast type in the log-in page is eye-disease promoting, blindness abetting; poorly designed and nearly useless.

and all of the type in this protonmail.uservoice.com forum page is shown in nearly zero contrast type. If the owners of the company are going to continue with their assault on medicine: optometry, optical dispensing, and ophthalmology, with your use of graphic design that stomps on eye and vision health; on the internet (which was designed as a visual communications medium); on reading (your graphic design sets the printed work back prior to Gutenberg's first printing presses, 700 or so years ago) then the company should agree to pay for all optometry visits, prescription medicine costs, optician visits and optical…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow sending encrypted e-mails to non-protonmail recipients over bridge or API

I find the feature of sending password protected e-mails to recipients outside of ProtonMail is very useful. Unfortunately, it is not usable using ProtonMail Bridge and there is no API either.

It would be nice to be able to send protected e-mails over SMTP (using Bridge) or an API.

Use Case: Sending salary reports or other documents to employees.

This feature would make ProtonMail similar to IncaMail. As it would probably be used mostly by businesses, I think a premium fee would be acceptable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change nr of emails shown per page.

Ability to change the number of emails shown on a page. Or ability scroll through all emails.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename attached files

Sometimes a filename on your system is not meaningful for the recipient of your mail. I think It would be nice to be able to rename an attached file directly in ProtonMail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to ban an email address from sending me mail.

I'd like to ban an email address from sending me mail. Maybe send them a bounce mesg.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to be able to send an email to the email recipient and he or she chooses their own password.

Zix mail- You get an email that is totally blacked out. Before you can read the email you have to choose a password. If you receive an email from another zixmail user you would use the same password for any zix mail user. You don't have to choose or enter a password for anybody , you concentrate on the communication and the recipient choose their own password.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible for multiple protonmail users to share a protonmail calendar.

Make it possible for multiple protonmail users to share a protonmail calendar (a shared calendar).

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mailing List to Multiple Emails

I'm switching from Gmail and they have a concept of groups/mailing lists in their account admin page. You can create an alias email address and assign users to it. So for example, if the alias email is my.group@mycompany.com has two members if an email was sent to my.group@mycompany.com both those members would receive the same email to both of their inboxes and anyone else added to the group would also receive the email.

I don't see a way to do this currently in ProtonMail as there is no forwarding currently set up. The only thing I can do right now…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Here Are New Privacy Features Coming To Smartphones Apple is releasing a ton of new privacy features in its iOS 14 update. These privacy fe

Here Are New Privacy Features Coming To Smartphones

Apple is releasing a ton of new privacy features in its iOS 14 update. These privacy features are only confirmed for iPhone, but there's good reason to believe Android users can expect the same security features coming to their devices in the future. Here are our top 3 picks:

1. Pick Which Photos An App Has Access To

Before, you’d have to grant an app access to your entire photo library or nothing at all. But Apples changing that by letting you decide the specific apps and videos you want that app to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ProtonMail App: Sync Read/Unread status without opening app

It is very annoying that the ProtonMail App only checks for new email while it is closed. It should also check for the read/unread status as you could have read it in the browser.

So not only check for new messages but also the read/unread status of the messages When the app is closed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to see a compact UI theme for email inbox, please.

I would like to see a compact UI theme option for email inbox.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar | Second alarm for end of meeting

Calendars currently have the possibility to add alarms before or at the beginning of a meeting.

Having a second alarm before or at the END of a meeting could help parents to be on time for picking up children or to wrap up meetings on time.

Alexa offers reminders before the end of meetings. No other calendar currently offers this feature.

This feature could be among others a unique selling point for ProtonCalendar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Protonmail as world's first provider with support for Handshake domains

Protonmail could be world's first email provider offering mail redirection from its users' custom Handshake domains!
    Handshake is an increasingly popular and multi-million funded project implementing a peer-to-peer root dns system, decentralized and distributed using a blockchain-based system. Web3.0!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow unicode in e-mail addresses.

E-mail addresses can contain Unicode characters according to RFC 6530 and other RFCs. Please, allow such addresses in ProtonMail.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Triggers for Filters/Sieves

Right now, filters and sieves are only applied when mail arrives. Make it possible to set one or multiple triggers to a filter/sieve, like:

• When the e-mail arrives

• When an e-mail is placed in folder X

• When an e-mail is moved out of folder X

• When an e-mail is assigned label X

• When label x is removed from an e-mail

• When an e-mail is deleted

• On demand

• (In the future perhaps extended with a time trigger of some sort)

This solution addresses several other feature requests (resieve, test/preview) mentioned here in a flexible and extensible way as well as other…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share calender (betá) between users within 'ProtonMail plan Professional'

First of all: I'm very happy with the ProtonCalender (betá)!
    Thanks for this new feature!

What i like to see: I've a ProtonMail plan Professional subscription with multiple users. I would like to share the calenders between users within my Proton-account. (Person 1 can see if Person 2 is occupied at a certain moment. If desired, without sharing the exact details of the specific appointment)

Note 1) I'm aware of other feature-request about syncing/sharing the calender (betá) but i'm not sure if my request exactly is coverd by those post.

Note 2) English is not my native language; I hope…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. do not offer mail plus if already i have mail plus

it is confusing!! i am already luge in mail plus, and every time i want to view a feature, proton mail offers me to upgrade to mail plus!!? it should recognize that i am a paid subscriber already!!??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not use Google's reCAPTCHA.

It has come to my attention that ProtonMail uses Google's closed-source reCAPTCHA engine to verify new users before they are accepted into the platform.

This is a privacy risk.

It allows Google to monitor ProtonMail registrations. This also is a fundamental risk to security. To provide your users with proper safety and privacy, it would be best to remove the Google reCAPTCHA functionality from your website.

For more information and possible alternatives, please visit this article on Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/opensource/comments/gt2cvf/protonmailopensourceor_recaptcha/

Many thanks,
    resynth1943

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base