How can we improve ProtonMail?

Show the first lines of the Body in Conversation View

Conversation view should display the first lines of the body to be useful.

When you have more than 3-4 emails in the same conversation, it becomes really hard to find anything inside. The more you have, the more useless becomes conversation view, when it should be the opposite. It should be useful when you have 20 or 30 (or more) replies on the same subject/conversation.

Gmail shows the first words of the body of the message between the sender and the date, and that makes all the difference.

On a many-email conversation you can have a look and scroll down and understand where the conversation is in each email, and you can open the email you need.

Without the initial words of the body of the messages I see this functionality very unuseful at the moment, but I appreciate the effort to implement it. Please improve it!

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

When you have a screen, good for 80 lines perhaps, you have around "some" lines for make a summarize of each mail you are trying to loccate, listing around 10 mails by screen,
        You need to know: who is talking, what is talking (1st and 2nd line from body would be great, and a Keyword automatic selection perhaps if easy to do, most repeated), and when mail is sent (date and hour).
        As you see, info is tagged for an easy way to find from a person looking por something.
        Gmail also tell you if important attached info is present in that mail. You can be trying to find a file attachment. Name from attachment, can be good. Sometimes, a lot of mails have attachment.

If you use 3 o 4 lines for a compact destilled view for each mail, and you can group mails in a thread as gmail do, improving this gmail tool, proton mail will be the next mail for a lot of people.

Crypto is other interesting feature, for avoid USA NSA spies.

This compact summary, with some lines, helps you.

We wait the european protonmail, we need avoid the draining from USA of all the info we create here in Europe.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

We would be more than happy to adopt protonmail for our company's communications with a paid plan, but we do need the conversation view to be more useful. To show the beginning of the body is essential. It is also the only thing preventing us to move all our accounts to protonmail.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Haven't seen the "Conversation view" yet, but I would very much love to see the first couple of lines of the body in the list view. (especially on mobile app notifications)

This is the only thing that is preventing from moving all my emails to protonmail

Feedback and Knowledge Base