Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is it possible to attach an email as an attachment?

From time to time I wish to attach an email to a new email. Is this possible?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. E-mail address appears as the forwarded e-mail sent

In g-mail, mail can be forwarded to a g-mail account and then you when you reply to that e-mail, the e-mail address shows up as that forwarded address. For example, I have mail sent to "name@domain.com" forwarded to my protonmail account. When I reply to that person's e-mail, I want it to look like I am responding from my domain.com account and not my protonmail account. Does that feature exist in the free Proton mail account or do I need to upgrade to ProtonMail Plus?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Article, "How to Use Filters" needs better instructions/explanations.

A few things that would really help:
    1. Define the terms! With examples, please, including both individual and group emails. Perhaps you think it's obvious, but I wonder, for example: how the terms work when the email is sent to or from a group, rather than just to me--does "exactly" mean within a single email in the list, or mean the entire recipient list (i.e. if I set it to "exactly" E@R.com, and that's one of 3 recipients, is it a hit or a miss?); what does "matches" mean that is different from either "is exactly" or "contains"--the two…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need More Security Features To Convince Users To Trust Proton

I'm tempted to sign up but your marketing has not yet convinced me, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Proton is a mature and serious email service focused on security for me and my emails. It's like customers should focus on only 2 main reasons to choose Proton and those are 1. based in Switzerland and 2. emails are encrypted, whereas, your competitor points out:

-Malware Detection
    -Spam Filtering
    -End-to-End Encryption
    -S/MIME
    -EMail Policy
    -2FA, SSO, OAuth, Unusual Activity Reports
    -Redundancy, High-Availability
    -Message re-call

Are Proton's only features worth talking about is being based in Switzerland and encrypted emails? I'm leaning…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Your email or reminder will come back to the top of your inbox when you want it to, whether that's tomorrow, or next week. You can always see your snoozed items under Snoozed in the Menu

See how it works in gmail:
    https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6067583

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bridge for Linux is not "completed"

Another link here is listed as "completed" [https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/32772520-protonmail-bridge-for-linux]

A closed-beta that you have to email and request an invitation to is not a "completed" project. It's been two years, and the paying Linux users deserve the same kind of service as the other platforms.

Moreover, there are many routine problems with the Bridge program. connection time-outs, etc. Please go through Bridge and polish the rough edges.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ProtonMail email client

It would be awesome if you could have dedicated protonmail email client

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. iOS app support multiple accounts

Either allow multiple accounts to be open simultaneously in the iOS app or add option to switch between accounts without having to formally log out and log in between each swap.

Despite allowing multiple aliases for a single account, if you have a personal account but also shared an account (eg with a spouse) aliases don’t suffice. The idea of forwarding every email from one account to another is archaic, lose for user and lose for proton mail because you’ll be storing the same message twice unnecessarily.

Multiple account support is a basic feature for email apps.

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ProtonMail messaging app

Hi, ProtonMail is a great service. Have you considered a messaging app too? ie an alternative to Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger etc which, like ProtonMail, respects an individual's privacy and has no connecting to the likes of Google and Facebook.

1,208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show me shit!

Help me,help you !
    I'm down,for what ever!
    Human my possible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Litecoin Payment

Please accept Litecoin as a payment method for premium accounts and donations. While Bitcoin is a great investment asset, for normal low level payments below multiple-thousand level, Litecoin is much better. Bitcoin transaction fees are already around $5. Currently Litecoin fees are around $0.05 or 5 cents. Even the advent of lightning networks on Bitcoin will not make Bitcoin cheaper since Litecoin will also have Lightning network payments and channel costs will be 100x more expensive on Bitcoin.

4,199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    147 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ProtonMail Calendar

Hello,

First of all: Thanks for adding the calendar - great job!

• It would be nice to have an Agenda view.

• It would be nice to have bi-weekly repeating possible.

Thank you!

Hanu

[I'm looking forward to having the calendar available in the mobile apps!]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Proton Docs

Online document creation and editing, like google docs but with real privacy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I've spent 35 hours trying to get a hold of you to buy some flualprazolam. Only to discover that you are on VAKA!!! MAN I'm really counting

I've spent 35 hours trying to get a hold of you to buy some flualprazolam. Only to discover that you are on VAKA!!! MAN I'm really counting on you to see if you would sell me the flualprazolam. I need it like yesterday.when are you going to be home????

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete all unread emails

Allow deletion of all unread emails before a specified date

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Solid POD from Protonmail

I would see Protonmail as an ideal provider of SolidPODs. Solid is a technology from Tim Berners-Lee (inventor of www@cern) to let people get the control of their data back. It is a protocol to let any service providers on the internet, store private data in the users SolidPOD instead of their own servers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid(webdecentralization_project)
    https://solid.mit.edu/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base