ProtonVPN

1. When will you make Wireguard VPN available?

When would you please make Wireguard available?

There are many providers out there already supporting it - at least 10 reputable ones.
    Wireguard is faster than Openvpn and despite being a relatively new protocol I would appreciate it if you allow connections on beta servers.

I'm using OpenVpn transparently via dedicated router and gaining speed without paying for extra hardware can only be a reasonable ask and a step forward.

I am a paying customer and I think it will be wasteful to pocket an additional subscription in order to use Wireguard with other providers as I am already with…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ProtonVPN Extension

It would be nice to have a ProtonVPN Extension for all major Browsers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Low carbon switch

Similar to the Secure Core switch, a Low carbon switch that would allow to filter VPN servers to restrict the selection to countries where power generation is less carbon-intensive. The list of countries could be either derived of yearly averaged, or refreshed real-time based on e.g. electricitymap data.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add VPN icon to proton mail

ProtonMail Needs a VPN Icon showing that VPN is On, when logged into ProtonMail.
    And be able to turn VPN off or on as needed.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ProtonVPN Support for Apple M1

Using ProtonVPN with Apple M1 without Rosetta2.
    In addition, i would like to request a setting feature that connection to the internet is only possible if ProtonVPN is running.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom DNS

It be great to have the option to set a custom DNS, such as nextDNS, to customise DNS filtering of cookies, and blocking of websites.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Linux GUI

Add a linux Graphical User Interface for easer use.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A geographical "Limit" on the Random feature.

I have my VPN set to "Random" every time, as I do not need to have the fastest possible connection in many cases and having an identical IP (in combination with my browser's non-javascript info) would quickly be matchable and therefore traceable. However, living in Europe, the VPN often connects me to places like Australia, New Zealand, or south-east Asia. Here the tradeoff between traceability and speed becomes too great, as loading times are absurd.

I would like to request a feature where I can limit the "Random" to specific areas of the Earth. Perhaps a drop down tab with…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ProtonVPN for Android - Block applications

I would like a feature to block internet access for the applications of my choice

Thanks !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dedicated IP Address tied to Secure Core

I would really love to have the ability to purchase a dedicated IP Address within ProtonVPN. This would eliminate blocking by some financial institutions and steaming services who block known multi-user ip addresses.

If the possibility exist to link the dedicated ip address (in the United States) to the secure core function would be outstanding.

A reasonable monthly charge (in addition to the regular monthly subscription fee) would be well worth the additional feature.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Split tunneling, reverse implementation on Android

I'd like a reverse implementation of Split tunnelling on Android. If I only want to use VPN for 3-4 apps, I have to manually exclude the remaining 350 apps.

There should be an option to "only include these apps".

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Proton VPN for OpenSuse

Make ProtonVPN compatible with OpenSuse. Add official repositories for this important Linux distribution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lifetime plan

Please have a lifetime plan for VPN.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved server search and profile creation.

Provide the ability to search for servers and create profiles using filters based not only on country but things like city, state, type of server (e.g., basic, P2P), load, latency, etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Latency display

When you click on a country, the list of servers for that country appears. The only thing missing is the latency you are getting from that server. For example, I click Estonia, I see all the Estonian servers. Right next to each Estonian server, there would be a number telling you what ping you're getting, like 150ms. I think this feature would be a useful one to add because choosing a faster connection would be easier if you could see the latency. Also, with this ping, for the box that shows your internet speed over a time period of 60…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please increase upload speeds on Proton VPN.

I'm a teacher who uses live streaming when teaching online, for a high quality image and sound. Have really appreciated the reliability and overall download speed of Proton VPN. However, upload speeds are stuck at around 20-21 Mbps. Without VPN, upload speeds are around 500 Mbps. It makes a difference because my image and sound on streaming hardware/software hangs. Thank you so much for an otherwise highly steady VPN!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add ability to exclude country's servers for quick connect

When I use the Quick Connect feature it always connects to servers in my country (Russia), but in my case, it is useless because I use a VPN to access servers that are blocked in my country. And because of this, the Quick Connect feature becomes totally useless. Could you add an option in preference to exclude servers that are located in the configured countries from quick connect servers?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option to excluede domestic traffic in split tunnling

Now, ProtonVPN can split tunnel to specific IPs/applications. but if a user want to exclude all IPs of one country, he/she cannot do this.

Benefits of excluding domestic traffic:
    1.Performance, especially to access domestic websites. Proxying domestic traffic crosses the national border twice in each direction, drastically reducing performance.
    2.Cost: Some countries charge more for for international traffic. Proxying also breaks the zero-rating done by some ISPs.
    3. Blocking resistance: all traffic going to a single server is suspicious.
    4. Geo restrictions: many payment platforms require your IP to be in the country you claim to be.

Some other VPNs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. For a Quick Connect profile, can you make "Fastest Plus Server" available for Plus users?

"Fastest" server is nice, but it doesn't automatically connect to a Plus server for streaming content. I would like to be able to select the fastest server that can stream, even if it isn't the fastest currently available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A ProtonVPN like Browser Proxy

Hello,

I rarely need the added security/privacy of a vpn, and if I do, it's often for a rather short period of time or from a computer where I can't easily install the ProtonVPN program. For these things I often use TOR (just because the Torbrowser makes it so easy to use). But for some things Tor just isn't the right solution. Many websites will freak if they see you coming from Tor.

Therefor I'd highly appreciate it, if I could use ProtonVPN as an In-Browser-Proxy (in the style of https://hide.me/en/proxy - which I just don't trust) or (as mentioned…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base