Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to run new filters against existing mail.

After creating a filter I'd like to be able to apply it against existing mail.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Functioning search

The search function still does not work. Entering a search for known rewords located in the body of the email still pulls up no results. Your search feature essentially does not work and needs to be fixed ASAP.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add XRP as payment option

XRP is a crypto that could be implement in protonmail.
    Advantages :
    - secured
    - low fees (nearly free)
    - very fast (4seconds)
    XRP will be a standard.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A Real Proton mail client

A proton mail client protonmail that combine all the features and design from the proton web UI and allows the user to synchronise other mailboxes.

1,118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Contribute on Signal OWS

Since nowadays it's plenty of IMs I think that we don't need more of them... It would be so good if you, Proton could join your forces with Signal! Making a better, safer world where privacy is on top!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. thread printing

I would like to be able to print and save whole conversation threads.
    They appear in the view but when I try to print the emails, I have to print them individually. This is a feature that can be found in every single email provider and nto having it here is a major drawback and roadblock to adoption; it should be pretty easy to build.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iOS app support multiple accounts

Either allow multiple accounts to be open simultaneously in the iOS app or add option to switch between accounts without having to formally log out and log in between each swap.

Despite allowing multiple aliases for a single account, if you have a personal account but also shared an account (eg with a spouse) aliases don’t suffice. The idea of forwarding every email from one account to another is archaic, lose for user and lose for proton mail because you’ll be storing the same message twice unnecessarily.

Multiple account support is a basic feature for email apps.

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.

Your email or reminder will come back to the top of your inbox when you want it to, whether that's tomorrow, or next week. You can always see your snoozed items under Snoozed in the Menu

See how it works in gmail:
    https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6067583

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Password on VPN with username should be DIFFERENT than any login / mailbox passwords

THIS IS A SECURITY BREACH - upon entering your password to use the vpn (with your username) , it is stored in “Keychain” on a Mac because one must hit “Always Allow” along with the computer’s login password - if your PW is stores there, of course the email can be hacked - which now explains why mine has been a few different times PLEASE MAKE VPN PASSWORD UNIQUE !!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. VPN update

If the vpn encrypted traffic and was able to switch protocols (including DNS over HTTPS), along with ikev, IPSec, tcp, udp - and to have DNSSEC with a switching IP and DNS that both mask yours (along with a MAC address alias)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple ProtonMail inboxes on the app

The app only allows for one inbox to one account; it would be helpful if users who have more than one paid account could view them both (all) from the app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Protonmail app for Purism's Librem 5 smartphone.

In keeping with Protonmail's commitment to privacy and security I would like them to develop an app for Purism's upcoming Librem 5 smartphone. This would provide a genuine mobile alternative to Google and Apple.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You are being tagged. MediaMissLee

Stop the hacking of mediamisslee@gmail.com
    And MileyRosy468@gmsil.com

I know you are going away for life but after a year and a half I want mine back. Very over your dark web of S

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Navigating between different emails

User navigation between different emails:

Current use case/UX is:
    1. Click on email in inbox
    2. See email
    3. Press back button to navigate back to the inbox
    4. Repeat from step 1-3 to see other emails

Desired use case/UX is:
    1. Click on an email in inbox
    2. Swipe left/right to switch between different emails. Also would be great to (while in the same email) swipe down/up lets to see other emails (like a stack in regards to their date of creation) in this thread i.e. replies, ccs, etc.

Context:
    I use the Android Protonmail client on Huawei P20…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement DANE for added security and privacy

DANE (DNSSEC) would be hugely beneficial to the security and privacy of ProtonMail. DANE makes Man-in-the-Middle attacks practically impossible.

This is a necessary addition and should certainly be prioritized over-all, as it is at the core of what ProtonMail represents: privacy and security.

It's currently a feature available over at Tutanota (https://tutanota.com) and definitely sets it apart as an arguably more secure option, here's a great read on the topic: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/dane-everywhere

294 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Profile Pictures

Allow us to set profile pictures that can be seen by those who receive our emails, proton and non proton users alike.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email notifications of ALL login attempts

Emailed notifications of all login attempts, successful or not.

When available, these notifications should go to a separate notifications email rather than dropped in the protonmail inbox.

If "advanced logging" is enabled, it should also add the IP address of the login attempt.

(Otherwise someone breaking into a protonmail account would see that appear in the protonmail inbox, and naturally would be able to delete the notification mail before the rightful owner can log back in.)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2FA trust device

Can you allow me to "trust" a device - like other websites do - so that I only need my credentials, but not need my 2FA code everytime I log on on my own laptop?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Introduce bulk delete function

Please introduce a feature giving the ability to delete bulk emails

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base