Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better message/e-mail sync between mobile app and web app

One of the major complaints I have about your otherwise excellent product is that message notifications on the mobile app aren't updated if I read, delete or archive the e-mails via the web inbox.

For example, if the mobile app notifies me of a new e-mail and instead of reading it on my smartphone, I go to the web and read it there, the mobile app notification doesn't acknowledge that. I have to read or manage the e-mail on the smartphone even if I already read it on the website. It's makes for a lot of unnecessary double work.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zcash: crypto to support ProtonMail

Hi ProtonMail Team! What do you think about use cryptocurrencies like Zcash with private focus on transactions to support ProtonMail with paid accounts or donate?

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync contacts with phone address book

Sync the Protonmail contacts with the phone address book (contacts app) and vice versa.

1,695 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Basic Plan

Protonmail Should Introduce Basic Plan With 2GB Storage And Send And Receive Mail @PM.ME

No Domain
    No User

Just Primary Alias 2GB & Pm. ME

FOR Personal Use

259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Introduce bulk delete function

Please introduce a feature giving the ability to delete bulk emails

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to run new filters against existing mail.

After creating a filter I'd like to be able to apply it against existing mail.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Is it possible to attach an email as an attachment?

From time to time I wish to attach an email to a new email. Is this possible?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. E-mail address appears as the forwarded e-mail sent

In g-mail, mail can be forwarded to a g-mail account and then you when you reply to that e-mail, the e-mail address shows up as that forwarded address. For example, I have mail sent to "name@domain.com" forwarded to my protonmail account. When I reply to that person's e-mail, I want it to look like I am responding from my domain.com account and not my protonmail account. Does that feature exist in the free Proton mail account or do I need to upgrade to ProtonMail Plus?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Compressed mode for message list.

The new Beta UI looks good over-all, but the message list (at least on my screen) is 2/3rd white space which means my standard browser window shows me 8 messages. Dropping that white space by half would still look good and double what I can see with a single glance. I can imagine that some would like to see an even denser mode, but the current options are way too sparse.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show me shit!

Help me,help you !
    I'm down,for what ever!
    Human my possible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ProtonMail messaging app

Hi, ProtonMail is a great service. Have you considered a messaging app too? ie an alternative to Whatsapp, Viber, Messenger etc which, like ProtonMail, respects an individual's privacy and has no connecting to the likes of Google and Facebook.

1,185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement regional pricing

If you live in Brazil like me, paying in Dollars or Euros is not viable, the commercial dollar here is currently equivalent to almost 5 Brazilian Reals. Just imagine yourself paying 5 times the current price in dollars, that's what it is for us to pay for anything in foreign currency. Realistically it would be even more since our minimum wage in BRL is lower than the minimum wage in USD. I'm not even starting about EUR since it is even more expensive than USD.

If you want to expand your business globally you MUST account for the difference between…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Litecoin Payment

Please accept Litecoin as a payment method for premium accounts and donations. While Bitcoin is a great investment asset, for normal low level payments below multiple-thousand level, Litecoin is much better. Bitcoin transaction fees are already around $5. Currently Litecoin fees are around $0.05 or 5 cents. Even the advent of lightning networks on Bitcoin will not make Bitcoin cheaper since Litecoin will also have Lightning network payments and channel costs will be 100x more expensive on Bitcoin.

4,196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    147 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Protonmail app for PureOs

Hi, I am a future owner to be of a Librem 5 mobile, it is run on pureos and im curious if you will create an app in which protonmail will work on pureos?

Kind regards Josh

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I've spent 35 hours trying to get a hold of you to buy some flualprazolam. Only to discover that you are on VAKA!!! MAN I'm really counting

I've spent 35 hours trying to get a hold of you to buy some flualprazolam. Only to discover that you are on VAKA!!! MAN I'm really counting on you to see if you would sell me the flualprazolam. I need it like yesterday.when are you going to be home????

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Delete all unread emails

Allow deletion of all unread emails before a specified date

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hoovering over delete and archive buttons in subject line.

Show delete and archive button in the subject line when hoovering over. Like in Gmail..

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Navigating between different emails

User navigation between different emails:

Current use case/UX is:
    1. Click on email in inbox
    2. See email
    3. Press back button to navigate back to the inbox
    4. Repeat from step 1-3 to see other emails

Desired use case/UX is:
    1. Click on an email in inbox
    2. Swipe left/right to switch between different emails. Also would be great to (while in the same email) swipe down/up lets to see other emails (like a stack in regards to their date of creation) in this thread i.e. replies, ccs, etc.

Context:
    I use the Android Protonmail client on Huawei P20…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SuperUser Sn00zzZ tuners

Magically delicious tongue twisters to sniff out code cruisers & stack abusers. Focusing on more secure user interfaces to help strengthen network securites & consistently build more reliable information exchanges and translation prioritizationthat will allow for a more fluid use of collaboration and localization determination queries. And because my inner child and artist gets bored easily, my evil genius roboskunk has the purple portal page handler creatively designed scratch and sniff poll tolls to direct users to their code colored number mapper scraper station for easier cleaner clean up and directives

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base