Skip to content

General ideas

326 results found

1. Monthly Billing

Is there any way to pay the billing on a monthly basis instead of having to pay it all at once for the entire year? It would be really helpful if there was an option to do so, especially for Brazilian users.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Personal Data Removal

A new service focused around removing personal data from sites like TruePeopleSearch and Whitepages. Since the whole idea of Proton is focused around privacy, I believe it would make a great addition to the current services provided by Proton. It would make it a perfect tool for new users who getting into privacy control and for current users who are serious about their privacy. Let me know what you guys think!

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Modernize Standard Notes

In a market with consolidated competitors such as Obsidian, Anytype, AFFiNE, among others, it is essential that Standard Notes offers real-time collaboration features, in addition to the other editing functions of its competitors.

The dated interface is also a problem. When you look at the UI/UX of competitors, you can see how Standard Notes needs a design makeover to modernize it and get it out of that dated software look.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Upgrade email encryption for existing addresses and emails

As a long-time Proton-supporter (amongst the first users), my encryption keys for emails are rather old and somewhat not state of the art anymore (e.g. RSA 2048-bit).

The current feature to generate new keys requires me to keep the old keys for old emails intact - but I'm looking for a feature that would actually allow me to REPLACE my existing key with a more modern and secure key for ANY of my emails.

That would require all existing emails to be decrypted on the client with the existing key and encrypted with the new key/algorithm but would allow for…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is it possible to include a profile image for your mail profile in Proton Mail?

Is it possible to include a profile image for your mail profile in Proton Mail?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Host mastodon servers

Mastodon federated micro blogging servers are receiving massive influx of twitter refugees. To create a new server, people need both Linux sysadmin knowledge, and also ability to moderate content and build a community of users. Proton could offer to host new mastodon servers and do the sysadmin jobs, including backups and installing updates. The remaining tasks, especially content moderation, will fall to the mastodon operator.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. all-in-one mobile app

This seems a fairly simple ask: one single 'Proton' app (iOS or Android). This would include Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Drive etc (all except VPN which is fine to remain separate). Similar to the FastMail approach.This is the simplest, easiest, fastest, slickest way to combine all Proton apps and functionality into one single ecosystem, as per the latest blog post following the results of the user survey. I cannot commit to migrating to Proton fully without this and i'm fairly sure i'm not the only one. I'd sign up for a 5 year subscription with this available. Many thanks all -…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To Do list - secure

You could create a secure TO-DO LIST in which it would be possible to work in the same way as in Microsoft to-do list. I think that many of us have sensitive information in that letter that we don't want to share with followers.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proton Office

Now with the acquisition of Standard Notes I think there is room to expand its features with PowerPoints and Documents. It already has Spreadsheets. Then it would start being an alternative for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (or Googles services). I think that would be a great addition for individuals but of course also businesses.

I personally need an Office program and since I can't sync my documents from MS Office automatically with Proton Drive, this would kill two birds with one stone.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Android Integration

Proton is intended for (extreme) privacy and I get it. This is very good and terrible at the same time : the vast majority of your apps provide no possibility to have a smooth integration with the ecosystem they live in :
    - Calendar : impossible to have my events in the Android calendar with my other accounts. Calendars can't be shared so that people use a common calendar for common activities.
    - Contacts : impossible to have my contacts in Android so I could use them with the dialer
    - Drive : no sync client for Linux, Windows, MacOS

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change username

ability to change your username

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add contacts without email address

Allow a Contact Group to be added with or without an email address present on in the Contact information.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proton Translate

Such as Google translate.
    An application to translate.
    I think we can give many information on these translators

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. App Tracking Prevention

DuckDuckGo has this great feature where it essentially runs a VPN but it blocks traffic from devices from being sent out. So, when a data tracking engines (e.g., Google, Adobe, Amplitude, Branch Metrics) attempt to send personal data from your device DuckDuckGo blocks it.

If Proton incorporated the same concept into the VPN then it would be an even more effective product!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom color for calendar, events and mail themes

I recently switched from Google to PM, but I have to admit that the graphic style of PM is a bit of a disappointment, with this bright purple and very limited palette. Some like it, others don't. I liked Google's a lot, tbh. It would be nice to have the possibility to customize the themes of the mail (send button, accent colors, and stuff like this) or at least pick custom colors for mail labels, events etc. so that each user can make the experience more appealing.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhanced email formatting features

Proton's email formatting features are too limited for Proton to be the world's leading secure email provider.

I suggest that Proton have at look at Zoho's and Gmail's formatting suites. For example, emails look much better and are more readable when the content area is narrowed and centered on the page (needs "deep" indent feature).

Line spacing and undo features are most valuable, too. These are must have basics.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Proton Contact

I suggest a Proton contact app, with synchronization with the Proton account, and with the possibility of having the contacts appear in the default contact app on the Android smartphone.

All encrypted, of course.

That's the only reason I haven't switched to Proton yet. Once contacts can be synchronized with the phone's address book, there's nothing to stop me from switching COMPLETELY to Proton.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Crowdfund Linux parity

Run a crowdfunding campaign to put complete Linux parity on the Proton roadmap. This will allow customers and potential customers to demonstrate support more tangibly than with suggestions and votes.

It is clear from broad and specific suggestions here on UserVoice that there is customer demand for improved Linux support. I can only assume that you are lacking concrete evidence for the SIZE of the demand. This is the intended purpose of crowdfunding campaigns.

This is a specific, actionable suggestion to provide a solid business case for Linux support. It would also provide potential customers with confidence that Linux support…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Proton Identity (SSO IdP)

We already log into Proton's own products (including Simplelogin) by authenticating via our Proton accounts. It would be slick if the API for this was exposed, so others could use Proton as an identity provider for their own purposes. This is especially relevant for business users who want their teams on proton, to enable SSO access to other internal or 3rd party tools and platforms without having to look outside Proton, or for consumer-facing platforms that want to allow their users to log in with Proton instead of e.g. Google (blech).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create alias when Composing an Email

If the email composition tool would allow modification of the "from" to include adding an alias, i.e. JonDoe+NewAlias@pm.me, that would be great.

Sometimes contacting a company for the first time demands the creation of an email address with the new email alias since we know they will add the address to their databases. Our controlling the alias also keeps customer service emails tracked properly; tickets are lost when the "+AliasExample" is dropped from addresses.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?