Accounts & payments
103 results found
-
More drive space for unlimited plan
Is it possible to get more storage by default than 500 GB in the unlimited plan? Microsoft, Google both give 2TB for their premium plans. The only options for upgrade on Proton seem to be a completely additional duo plan or family plan. If I do pay for the additional duo plan, does that mean I get 1 TB plus 500GB = 1.5 TB? I keep getting alarms to upgrade my Proton Drive unlimited plan and would like to upgrade, but not at another $14.99/month for what would only be 500GB more storage.
369 votes -
Integrate Standard Notes Premium plan with Proton Visionary
Dear Proton Team,
I would like to suggest adding the standard Notes Premium feature to the Proton Visionary plan. Since Proton promotes Visionary as the ultimate subscription giving users the maximum limits and access across all Proton services, it would make sense for Notes Premium to be included as part of that promise.
Currently, Proton Visionary subscribers already receive integrated access to SimpleLogin, which is technically a separate service that Proton has incorporated into its ecosystem. Given this precedent, including Notes Premium—even though it is also a distinct service—would be consistent with the Visionary plan’s positioning as the all-inclusive plan.
…
92 votes -
Proton Notes
I understand that Standard Notes is an independent solution and that its paid features are not included in the Proton Unlimited or Proton Duo plans. Even so, I believe Proton could offer its own note-taking solution integrated into its ecosystem, inspired by the simplicity and practicality of Google Keep, but developed according to Proton’s privacy principles.
The goal would be to create a simple, fast, and versatile app for organizing different types of content in one place, such as:
Plain-text or formatted notes.
To-do lists, shopping lists, and reminders.
Checklists and notifications.
Drawings and handwritten notes.
Images and photographs.
Audio…
12 votes -
[Proton Meet] One simultaneous meeting but increase meeting duration for individuals
I would like to propose a small but meaningful improvement to Proton Meet within the Duo and Family plans.
Currently, Proton Meet allows only one active meeting at a time and limits meeting duration (e.g. 60 minutes on non-professional tiers). While this is understandable from a product segmentation perspective, it creates friction for one specific use case: private family conversations.
Proposal
For Proton Duo and Proton Family plans:
- Keep the restriction of one simultaneous meeting
- Increase the maximum meeting duration to ~3 hours
- Optionally limit longer meetings to ~10-12 participants
Rationale
This change would enable a very specific and important…
22 votes -
Multi-Generational Family Plan
Heading: Multi-Generational Family Plan Scaling
Multi-Generational Family Plan
As a Proton Family Plan Organizer,
I want to expand my plan's capacity beyond the default 6-user limit to include extended family members (such as aging parents),
So that I can secure their digital privacy and manage their accounts for them under a single, unified subscription.13 votes -
Include just SOME of the paid Standard Notes features with Proton Unlimited
Personally, I'd love to see the following paid Standard Notes features included with Proton Unlimited for free:
-write and edit markdown and rich text, checklists, code snippets, and more with the powerful Super note type
-create spreadsheets with advanced formulas and rich formatting
-use the web clipper to save web pages as notesI understand maybe there are contractual or financial reasons Proton can't make the ENTIRE $120 Standard Notes Professional plan included with the Proton Unlimited Plan (which ironically is the same price). But the free version of Standard Notes is really pretty rudimentary, and I'm guessing 99% of…
16 votes -
Make the subscription modular
I would really like to have the choice which service I want to pay for/use. For example: I'm using the unlimited plan for 2 years now and I never touched Proton Wallet.
I would like it if every service has it's own price, so you can pick exactly what you want. Including Lumo, Meet and Standard Notes (hopefully they make a Proton Notes, but that's a different issue).
Please make this happen. Thank you
8 votes -
Family Plan - Slider selectable options for greater storage and user flexibility choices
Overall Family plan issue:
I see people wanting different things for the Family Plan, some say there is too much storage (I personally do not agree with this), some say it needs more storage, others say it needs to allow for more users, while others want certain services and other don't want certain services.It seems to me we are running up against the truth that 'there is no standard family', so the standard 6 member / 500 gb per member model doesn't fit the needs of many. We need a more flexible offering to attract more people over to…
26 votes -
A reduced price Meet option for Unlimited Plan subscribers.
I would subscribe to Proton Meet if there were a lower priced option for existing Unlimited Plan subscribers that allowed for longer meetings. I typically have 2 meetings every two months, but their duration can be up to 4 hours. This is for non-commercial use by groups of retired persons. - The business plans are too expensive as is for this type of use.
Perhaps I am an outlier from a marketing point of view, but I thought that I would mention this. My fall-back is to continue to use Jitsi.
14 votes -
Student discounts shouldn't only last one year
Many other subsciption services like Spotify for example have at least opted for 4 years max, which would make way more sense since that is a realistic duration of studying. Affording your own privacy shouldn't be a privilege which you have to get into financial trouble for as a student.
75 votes -
VPN/alias pricing only. Dont need drive, calendar and 500 GB
How about a VPN plan for a couple of bucks. I have a plan but run free VPN and it breaks some sites. The next cheapest is around $15 CAD with a bunch of add-ons that I dont really need.
How about VPN for $3ish and get half of the servers?
Thanks Love of love from CAD.5 votes -
Allow mixed subscription plans per user in Proton Business
Please allow Proton Business administrators to assign different subscription tiers to individual users within the same organization.
For example, some employees only need Proton Mail Essentials, while others require the full Proton Workspace Standard or Premium features. Currently, organizations must place every user on the same plan, which can create unnecessary costs and make Proton less practical for teams with different roles and requirements.
Administrators should be able to:
Assign a plan or license to each user individually.
Upgrade or downgrade selected users.
View per-user pricing and feature allocation.
Manage all users under one organization, domain, and invoice.Mixed per-user…
5 votes -
Lumo Plus subscription should be completely independent from existing Proton subscription
Make it possible to subscribe to Lumo Plus independently from an ongoing Unlimited/Duo/Family subscription. As it is, I cannot subscribe to Lumo Plus for one month while keeping my ongoing 24-months subscription. The only option is to convert my 24 months subscription to a 12 months subscription and add a 12 months Lumo Plus subscription. That is not what I want, so I will not try Lumo Plus for the time being.
39 votes -
Share custom domain between different paid plans
Note: this request is for multiple separate accounts (on separate plans) to be able to use the same custom domain, not multiple users/accounts on the same plan. In my case I have a custom domain I'd like my family to use (my spouse and kids, 6 total users) as well as my parents and siblings (another 6 users). Moving to a business plan is cost-prohibitive ($48/mo total for two family accounts vs. $156/mo for 12 business users), and I really don't want to have to register a different custom domain for each family plan.
7 votes -
Reply from Simple Login Alias
Reply from Simple Login Alias
If an email is received via forwarding from a simple login alias, I want the ability to reply to the sender through the proton email web client without leaking my proton email address. Currently, email replies originate from my proton email. Emails received from a simple login forwarding alias should default to the simple login alias in the 'Sent From' field if I reply to the email.14 votes -
Proton Unlimited Lite – for everyday users
Many people are growing wary of U.S. tech giants, yet Proton is still seen as a niche solution for power users. Most of us only need a reliable email address, a modest amount of cloud storage for document backups, and strong password protection with 2FA.
I propose a Proton Unlimited Lite plan that bundles exactly those essentials:
• Proton Mail (basic inbox)
• 20–30 GB of Proton Drive for secure document backup
• Proton Pass for password management (including 2FA)
• Optional family add‑on so households can share the same subscriptionThe current “Mail Pro” tier feels over‑engineered—too many email aliases and unnecessary features—while the full…
17 votes -
Modular bundles for PLUS users
Hi, I love your services! I'm currently using Proton Mail Plus and I'd like to suggest a "Modular Bundle" system.
It would be amazing if we could pick and choose additional services (like Proton Pass) and add them to our existing Plus plan with a loyalty discount (e.g. 40%). Currently, the jump to the Unlimited plan is quite big if someone only needs two specific services.
Allowing us to customize our plans would be a game-changer for the community!
Thanks for your hard work,
4 votes -
Onetime payment for lifetime Proton Unlimited
There is some things I see that I would never use in the Mail plus/proton pass plan, but I really would like to just pay once. I like the idea of having a 50-99year "unlimited/lifetime" since once I'm gone you can either forward the logins to a designated person I say and give them 90 days to download the archive, or just shred/delete everything once I leave the earth.
I despise monthly payments. Its the principal of it and the fact some cars have DLC for things already built into the car is crazy. Let me bite the bullet, and…
20 votes -
Cheaper mail plus tiers (5-10GB)
I just migrated from a Gmail account I've had for 12+ years and noticed a big gap in the current plans.
My Gmail only had 3GB of data. The free plan (500MB) isn't enough for a migration, but jumping straight to 15GB is overkill. It's a bit of a hurdle for those who want to support Proton but don't need that much space.
Could we get smaller tiers, like:
• 5 GB for ~$1/mo
• 10 GB for ~$2/moThis would let users start with a plan that actually fits and upgrade naturally as they grow. If you think the…
3 votes -
Business plan including personal/Family accounts
Hello,
Do you offer, or plan to offer, a way to combine a Proton for Business subscription with personal accounts? For example:
- A perk similar to 1Password Business, where each Business seat includes a free personal/Family account.
- A Google One–style model, where the subscriber can share benefits with a limited number of independent personal accounts.
- A discounted bundle of a Business plan and a Family plan.
Today these require two separate subscriptions with no link between them. If none of this exists, is it on your roadmap?
Thank you
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?